Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,321. Posted:

blackdragon, it's not ridley but the nightmare guy that's the spoiler. those references to old games only really work when they're a surprise, so it's best not to blurt them out here; we've got another thread specifically for blurting.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,322. Posted:

@romulux: the comment that was reported (it's not here in the thread anymore) only mentioned Ridley iirc (i didn't screengrab it before either he took it out himself or someone else took it out). my comment was aimed at those who were flipping out about it, which doesn't include you, i don't think :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

James

1,323. Posted:

I've changed the topic title but let me spell it out here too: if you do not want to read spoilers, this is not the thread for you.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,324. Posted:

It's not completely spoiler-filled, James, just a few people who have posted stuff accidentally due to excitement. Besides, there was already a thread specifically created for Other M spoilers...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

James

1,325. Posted:

Point taken!

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,326. Posted:

@MF: either way, i know i'm sick of babysitting it. from now on, y'all're on your own*
*not really, who am i kidding

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,327. Posted:

@Dragon: Don't worry, I'll do my best to make sure that these excited mistakes quit happening...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,328. Posted:

@MF: if you mean you're going to harass individuals who post spoilers on accident, we'd really rather you didn't. Just report them and be done with it, plz.

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,329. Posted:

@Dragon: That's not what I meant at all, actually. I can't think of a single instance where I've "harassed" any user, especially not on NL. Yes, I meant I'd report any spoiler...

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,330. Posted:

An interquel between Metroid II and Super Metroid would've been very interesting, instead of building further upon the (great nonetheless) Fusion title....

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,331. Posted:

Just checking in to say I love it.

Too bad we can't have a spoiler-free thread, because it makes posting impressions extremely dangerous. :/

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

1,332. Posted:

badmouthsadmouth wrote:

My only eeny, teeny complaint is that battling in first person mode can be a little bit of a pain. Basically you just keep on shooting missiles and hope you don't get hit enough times to die. Other than that, I really can't say anything negative about the game at all and am having a (morph) ball.

You can use the sensedodge move in first person by shaking the Wiimote.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,333. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Just checking in to say I love it.

Too bad we can't have a spoiler-free thread, because it makes posting impressions extremely dangerous. :/

? There is a spoiler thread!

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,334. Posted:

This one has spoilers too, turtle.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,335. Posted:

Oh. i see..
Oh and-
Untitled

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,336. Posted:

Ahahahaha.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

bryguy1919

1,337. Posted:

3 more days before I can play this game. Spoilers everywhere I look.

PSN: brrgpfife

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,338. Posted:

Not going to read all through the post as Im only about halfway through the game. Im having a good time with it, BUT the constantly shooting and getting attacked offscreen becomes annoying. I do miss the enemies dropping health and powerups, kinda makes killing random enemies pointless sometimes and I just run though instead if Im backtracking.

Why cant I mash the "B" button and strafe? The dang button is there and strafing would solve so many issues in this game!

I enjoy the story a lot, I like Samus character and backstory and I like the voice acting. The unauthorized weapon deal doesnt bother me a bit, heck if I could activate my suit to ward off the heat the lava fish part wouldnt have been near as much fun.

Some of the fast moving bosses that dissapear offscreen alot can just be plain annoying, especially the Lobster thing in Sector 3. Trying to switch modes from 1st to 3rd can get a bit annoying at times but the majority of the time it great.

I cant agree with the 9/10 score anymore. The controls arent there for me but I will gladly say a 7/10 would be perfect, controls are a major factor for me and the limitations of the Wii controller are to blame not the game, well maybe it is because if the nunchuck could be plugged in and then the first person only activate when pointed at the screen things would work much better I think. Control are a must and they arent fully there for me. Still a great game nontheless.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Dicesukeinuzuka

1,339. Posted:

NM :P
This is my first metriod game, and so far, I have to say its pretty horrible. Its way to serious, Samus talks like a flipping robot, which I didn't think was bad on the trailers, but first hand it makes me cringe, when ever I'm forced to watch the unskippable cutscenes I just want to turn the game OFF.
On top of that, the gameplay is dull; and over complicated, it would have been so much less cluttered if they would have used the nunchuck, the music is dull, environments: DULL, those black suit space guys or what ever they are are generic and lame, ZERO charisma so far. I wanted more action honestly, like sin @ punishment but Nintendo, only gotten to the first boss and I already regret doing that gamestop deal trading in 2 of my best games, S&P and SMG2 for this bore-fest.

Edited on by Dicesukeinuzuka

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage

pikku

1,340. Posted:

lol turtlelink :D

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac