Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,301. Posted:

Sorry if someone has answered this already, but I skimmed the preceding pages and can't find anything.

I am stuck for the first time in this game. And by that, I mean not only do I not know where I need to go next, but I can't find a single passage I haven't yet explored. (That last bit is obviously where I'm going wrong, so HALP ME!!)

POSSIBLEMINORSPOILERSBELOW!!!
I killed Ridley, and now can't figure out what to do, or where I need to go.

Erm...that's it. Anyone remember what I need to do next? I made it back to the "main" elevator room, or whatever, but the elevator door is locked, and the other two doors open to paths that lead only so far. What am I looking to accomplish here?

Also, I've played for about 8 hours right now. How near am I to the end? All of this 8-10 hour completion time stuff leads me to believe I must be getting close. Or sucking horribly.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Supermegaman

1,302. Posted:

Just managed to finish it today, the final final boss included, and I give it a 9.5/10. I didnt have any real problems, except the script and voice acting were bland at points and this is pretty much nintendos first time doing complex voice acting (do a barrel roll isnt very complex :P ) and script writing, so Im sure it will be better next time. Ive also never heard anyone internally monolouge (duh :P ), but I imagine it would be a lot like the way samus talked. So not too many problems with it, I can see why metroid fans opposed to change wouldnt like it, but all in all, fantastic

Now Playing
16-bit Loggery

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,303. Posted:

@CB: I don't recall exactly what you have to do, but you should have all you need in order to get to Sector 0 (which you access through Sector 2).

I just figured out what your icon is, too, and it's hilarious. I didn't know Anthony was really a chicken in a man suit...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,304. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@CB: I don't recall exactly what you have to do, but you should have all you need in order to get to Sector 0 (which you access through Sector 2).

I just figured out what your icon is, too, and it's hilarious. I didn't know Anthony was really a chicken in a man suit...

He's a man full of secrets.

Ah, okay. So I need to get back to Sector 0. (That's the area in which the game began, right?) I guess I either need to use the Super Missiles or the Grapple Beam to get back there, as those are my recent exploratory acquisitions, but darned if I can find a place I haven't used them yet.

Hmm. Anyone else remember what room or something I should be exploring? I won't say I haven't walked in circles in this game before, but this is the first time I don't even know what I'm trying to find.

AuthorMessage

Supermegaman

1,305. Posted:

Chicken Brutus wrote:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

He's a man full of secrets.

Ah, okay. So I need to get back to Sector 0. (That's the area in which the game began, right?) I guess I either need to use the Super Missiles or the Grapple Beam to get back there, as those are my recent exploratory acquisitions, but darned if I can find a place I haven't used them yet.

Hmm. Anyone else remember what room or something I should be exploring? I won't say I haven't walked in circles in this game before, but this is the first time I don't even know what I'm trying to find.

Well, there should be a yellow diamond somewhere right? Im pretty sure there is always a diamond telling you where to go, I may be wrong though. I think at that point though, I think you are supposed to go back to sector 1 to the bioengineering lab

Now Playing
16-bit Loggery

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,306. Posted:

@CB: No, I think you need to meet up with Madeline Bergman so she can tell you how to get to Sector 0 (which isn't marked on the map)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,307. Posted:

...Wait, what about yellow diamonds? lol
And Ridley basically shows up in almost every Metroid, so I guess he isn't really considered a spoiler. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,308. Posted:

Ah okay. Right now I have no yellow diamond, for the first time in the entire game, as far as I know. Guess I'll just have to keep wandering until I run into someone, or take a peek-peek at a walkthrough. Thanks though. :)

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,309. Posted:

OH right, that yellow diamond on the map. xD
Keep thinking there was some sort of creepy diamond during gameplay or something. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,310. Posted:

Nevermind, I figured out my problem. The elevator door was red, which I thought meant it was locked. Turns out...it was just a red door. >.< I sucks at the video games.

But anyway, I had a heck of a great time with the wonky gravity sections that followed, and that boss who looks like a bunch of tin boxes strung together with a screaming green baby face underneath? AAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHH I AM GOING TO SEE THAT THING IN MY HORRIBLE DREAMS

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,311. Posted:

@CB: I take it you haven't played Metroid Fusion, have you?

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,312. Posted:

Chicken Brutus wrote:

AAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHH I AM GOING TO SEE THAT THING IN MY HORRIBLE DREAMS

That's why they call him Nightmare, lol. But yeah I actually thought that too when I first saw him...then I was like "wait, why does he seem familiar?". xD

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,313. Posted:

Ahhh, so THAT's Nightmare. I've seen that name before...but no, I've never played Fusion. Heard great things, but never had a GBA. The first handheld I've had since the classic (pre-color) Game Boy is the DSi.

Here's hoping for a Virtual Handheld at some point though. I'd love to play it. :)

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,314. Posted:

Yeah, I think on this thread I posted a screen of him from Fusion, was hoping to have an Other M shot too so we could compare the two, lol.

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,315. Posted:

^spoilerfest. if you guys want a laugh, go check out amazon's reviews. they've devolved into pure 1's and 5's; even the "helpful" votes on each review are split 50/50, it's internet stupidness at it's best.

i think you've got to be throwing a pretty major hissy fit to give this game a 1... even g4 seems reasonable compared to some of these guys.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,316. Posted:

@romulux: Eh, I'm not too amused by ignorance, so I'll have to pass on that...

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,317. Posted:

Guys, let's be careful about posting spoilers regarding boss fights and anything that wasn't already revealed in promo material before the game's release, okay? There's already been a few people spoiled and I'd rather that number didn't keep growing...

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,318. Posted:

@Metroid_Fan: Ridley was in the promo material, and people have been talking about him in this thread since long before the Spoiler thread was created. If people are only just getting spoiled on it now, they haven't been paying attention. :|

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,319. Posted:

Whu... that was regarded as a spoiler? That's kind of like saying that Bowser being in the next Mario game is a spoiler. "But he died because he fell into a pool of lava and fell into an imploding galaxy last time, right?"

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end of the game. It's been really good so far, I'll admit. :D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,320. Posted:

I've just completed the game inside out :p

• Extremely detailed characters and diverse, colourful environments that are indeed very Metroid-esque
  • Items are sometimes very well hidden, Metroid-style!
  • Nice emotional sidestory with cutscenes that are fluidly integrated into the gameplay...
  • Nice details and references of enemies of the previous titles
  • Mostly fresh, minimalistic, yet atmospheric backgroundmusic
  • Last boss was a huge nostalgic surprise...
  • Perfect controls
  • Nice unlockables
  • Quite lengthy considering the extras
  • Addictive enough to give it another try

10/10

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR