Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,742

Philip_J_Reed

Ahhh, so THAT's Nightmare. I've seen that name before...but no, I've never played Fusion. Heard great things, but never had a GBA. The first handheld I've had since the classic (pre-color) Game Boy is the DSi.

Here's hoping for a Virtual Handheld at some point though. I'd love to play it.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Yeah, I think on this thread I posted a screen of him from Fusion, was hoping to have an Other M shot too so we could compare the two, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

romulux

^spoilerfest. if you guys want a laugh, go check out amazon's reviews. they've devolved into pure 1's and 5's; even the "helpful" votes on each review are split 50/50, it's internet stupidness at it's best.

i think you've got to be throwing a pretty major hissy fit to give this game a 1... even g4 seems reasonable compared to some of these guys.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: Eh, I'm not too amused by ignorance, so I'll have to pass on that...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Deviant_Mugen

Guys, let's be careful about posting spoilers regarding boss fights and anything that wasn't already revealed in promo material before the game's release, okay? There's already been a few people spoiled and I'd rather that number didn't keep growing...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

theblackdragon

@Metroid_Fan: Ridley was in the promo material, and people have been talking about him in this thread since long before the Spoiler thread was created. If people are only just getting spoiled on it now, they haven't been paying attention.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Kingbuilder

Whu... that was regarded as a spoiler? That's kind of like saying that Bowser being in the next Mario game is a spoiler. "But he died because he fell into a pool of lava and fell into an imploding galaxy last time, right?"

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end of the game. It's been really good so far, I'll admit.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

JGMR

I've just completed the game inside out

• Extremely detailed characters and diverse, colourful environments that are indeed very Metroid-esque
  • Items are sometimes very well hidden, Metroid-style!
  • Nice emotional sidestory with cutscenes that are fluidly integrated into the gameplay...
  • Nice details and references of enemies of the previous titles
  • Mostly fresh, minimalistic, yet atmospheric backgroundmusic
  • Last boss was a huge nostalgic surprise...
  • Perfect controls
  • Nice unlockables
  • Quite lengthy considering the extras
  • Addictive enough to give it another try

10/10

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

romulux

blackdragon, it's not ridley but the nightmare guy that's the spoiler. those references to old games only really work when they're a surprise, so it's best not to blurt them out here; we've got another thread specifically for blurting.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

theblackdragon

@romulux: the comment that was reported (it's not here in the thread anymore) only mentioned Ridley iirc (i didn't screengrab it before either he took it out himself or someone else took it out). my comment was aimed at those who were flipping out about it, which doesn't include you, i don't think :3

BEST THREAD EVER

James

I've changed the topic title but let me spell it out here too: if you do not want to read spoilers, this is not the thread for you.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Deviant_Mugen

It's not completely spoiler-filled, James, just a few people who have posted stuff accidentally due to excitement. Besides, there was already a thread specifically created for Other M spoilers...

theblackdragon

@MF: either way, i know i'm sick of babysitting it. from now on, y'all're on your own*
*not really, who am i kidding

BEST THREAD EVER

Deviant_Mugen

@Dragon: Don't worry, I'll do my best to make sure that these excited mistakes quit happening...

theblackdragon

@MF: if you mean you're going to harass individuals who post spoilers on accident, we'd really rather you didn't. Just report them and be done with it, plz.

BEST THREAD EVER

Deviant_Mugen

@Dragon: That's not what I meant at all, actually. I can't think of a single instance where I've "harassed" any user, especially not on NL. Yes, I meant I'd report any spoiler...

JGMR

An interquel between Metroid II and Super Metroid would've been very interesting, instead of building further upon the (great nonetheless) Fusion title....

With kind regards,

JGMR

retired_account

Just checking in to say I love it.

Too bad we can't have a spoiler-free thread, because it makes posting impressions extremely dangerous. :/

retired_account

BulbasaurusRex

badmouthsadmouth wrote:

My only eeny, teeny complaint is that battling in first person mode can be a little bit of a pain. Basically you just keep on shooting missiles and hope you don't get hit enough times to die. Other than that, I really can't say anything negative about the game at all and am having a (morph) ball.

You can use the sensedodge move in first person by shaking the Wiimote.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic