Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Bigdog

1,281. Posted:

@irken, the hardest 3-4 items for me turned out to be some of the simplest ones. So, make sure you keep your mind simple when looking for some items... the answer isn't always convoluted... :D Enjoy!

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,282. Posted:

Uhh, for the record, someone requested Crono's opinion, and he gave it. It's a discussion thread, so I discussed it with him. I don't think anyone's "trolling," and I'm not "against" anyone. I'm very much not surprised people don't like the game, and that's fine. I don't like the Prime games much more than Crono likes Other M, which to many is just as blasphemous, particularly where Corruption's concerned. But as far as I'm concerned, its constant, forced morph ball puzzles were more bogus than any holographic wall. Just one man's opinion, and no one is authorized to disagree.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,283. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Chrono: How exactly are Adam and I to blame here? You said it yourself, you're giving your opinions on this game and Adam and I are, too, they just happen to contradict yours and you don't appreciate it. Besides, we've in no way degraded your opinions, either, whereas you've both remarked that I "fail" and called Adam a "noob". Name-calling isn't exactly the best way to win an argument or win people over, you know. Either keep your opposing opinions civil or keep them to yourself...

How am I too blame here? I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying you wanted to know why I disliked the game and you contradicted my opinion which was not appreciated. You and Adam. In my eyes you guys did degrade my opinion because you guys had a better experience with the controls and such then opposed me. Plus I didn't say you failed in a bad way. I never meant it like that. B the way I called myself a noob not Adam.

Oh and how can I keep my opinions to myself when you want to hear them? ;)

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,284. Posted:

Contradicting someone is not degrading. Just discussion. I don't know why they're upset with you, but I also don't understand this "degrading" bit either. If discussing the pros and cons of the game is upsetting anyone, then this is the wrong thread for them.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,285. Posted:

I just reached the Ice area.

Too bad Adam didn't authorize my Varia Suit until AFTER I finished the Fire area. Never again should the Galactic Federation have control over what Samus can and can't use.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,286. Posted:

I've got one more sector to go (sector 3 I believe?) before I've gotten 100% of the items. Now, as to where this hidden secret is at the end, I have no idea. I can't seem to find any logical place where he could be. And that's with a gigantic glowing gold star on my map telling me where to go.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,287. Posted:

@Kid_A: He's close to where the map marker is, SPOILER in order to get there you have to take a detour through Sector 2 /SPOILER...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,288. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

@Chrono Why are you trolling up this thread?

he's not trolling, i just think he's a little confused about what he's trying to say.

adam's comparison to snake is pretty apt. if he can be a bada** while answering to someone, why can't samus? when you think about it, she takes orders all the time: the luminoth, aurora units, admiral dane, and adam malkovich have all had her running errands at different points in the series, not to mention her early military days under adam, all without much protest from fans. before this game people seemed to be able to understand that she can still be an independent, super-competent loner who occasionally works with others, why that's different now, who knows.

in other m she follows orders by her own choice; she's under no obligation and could walk away any time, but chooses to stay in order to protect her friends. she demonstrates how much it's her choice by (spoiler) disobeying her orders at the end of the game. everyone who keeps complaining that samus is too independent to follow anyone's lead obviously hasn't finished (or even played) other m, because she actually demonstrates that she's the exact person the critics want her to be.

anyway, if you say that the switch to 1st person is easy... but complain that you get hit... the process of elimination doesn't leave much to blame but your playing. the controls in this game are hard, harder to learn than any other game i can remember in fact. but that doesn't mean they're not great once you figure them out. spend some more time practicing and i'll bet the problems you're having will be solved.

for starters, don't go into 1st person in the middle of a swarm. you have to make an effort to create a safe window to enter 1st person, it's as much a part of the strategy as anything else. take them out with your diffusion beam first.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,289. Posted:

What a superb game. I'm currently at the Cryosphere :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Platypus

1,290. Posted:

Just wondering for those of you that's played it. How hard is this game?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,291. Posted:

@soccer: It's not really hard, to be honest, as long as you've got good reflexes (unless you're playing on Hard mode, that is, romulux can attest to that)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Ninten

1,292. Posted:

When I get my money from my summer job, I'll get the game for sure. :)

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,293. Posted:

That guy just summarized my same opinion. (warning, there is spoilers in that link)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960554-metroid-other-m/56249924

Edited on by Arigner

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,294. Posted:

These last two missile tanks are driving me crazy. They're in the main sector, in the northern region. One of them is in a big elevator room that you access by going south of the main elevators. The missile tank is in the shaft, but the shaft is locked, and there's no way to go south from this room without taking the big sector two detour. The other missile tank is two rooms south of the other one, to the right of adam's command post. Another locked elevator shaft. Help me before I kill myself. IGN's guide has been useless.

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,295. Posted:

I know what you are talking about, I had the two sames me too.
So here is the secret...
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
You can only get to them if you take the way that get you to Adam's Command post.
END OF SPOILERS

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,296. Posted:

Arigner wrote:

I know what you are talking about, I had the two sames me too.
So here is the secret...
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
You can only get to them if you take the way that get you to Adam's Command post.
END OF SPOILERS

SPOILERS?
I know, but the room directly to the east of that room has an elevator I need to get on, and it's red and flashing so I can't get on it

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,297. Posted:

Oh well, If only you were able to point it on a map, it would be easier but I dont think there is a map of the game yet on the net.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,298. Posted:

Arigner wrote:

Oh well, If only you were able to point it on a map, it would be easier but I dont think there is a map of the game yet on the net.

Yeah, crazy right? I looked for one earlier. It's the room that's directly connected to the room with adam's command post on the right. Small elevator that only goes up half a floor

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

1,299. Posted:

My thoughts on Other M (from Facebook blog I wrote a few days ago.)

Other M is a bit of a departure for galactic bounty hunter, Samus Aran; it is a new direction for the series in general and it also reveals a completely new take on what a Nintendo game can be.

Shall we begin?

Ok, Metroid: Other M marks the first time that a Nintendo series protagonist isn't silent -- Samus speaks and she speaks a lot. Many of the professional reviews have criticized her characterization as being "emo," but personally I have always viewed her as someone with a deep and unsettling past. I mean her parents were murdered right in front of her, she grew up an orphan raised by weird bird things, and she is typically almost always alone in her exploits. It would be more outrageous if she WEREN'T emo.

The game is extremely cutscene and story driven, unfolding very much like a movie. This is a bold new direction for Nintendo, a company who in recent years has tried to go with as little story as possible in their games. I must say that there are times when I'm playing Other M that I feel like I'm playing a Metroid game developed by the creators of Halo for Xbox360 and that's a good thing. It's a different thing and it's a refreshing thing.

The graphics are also something to note. I do believe that these are THE BEST graphics capable of the Wii. The cutscenes literally look like scenes from a CGI movie and it's astonishing. Gameplay is also very fun, challenging, action-packed and diverse. I love the fact that it's back to a 2D experience reminicent of Super Metroid, but it's also cool that they incorporated Metroid Prime's first-person view in there as well. My only eeny, teeny complaint is that battling in first person mode can be a little bit of a pain. Basically you just keep on shooting missiles and hope you don't get hit enough times to die. Other than that, I really can't say anything negative about the game at all and am having a (morph) ball.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

1,300. Posted:

There we go! Anyways thank you for your thoughts and for moving them into an appropriate thread.

ASDFGHJKL