Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,261. Posted:

Off-topic: Adam aren't you so darn excited for BIT.TRIP FATE?!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,262. Posted:

Every time I hear someone complain about the controls in Other M I hear them saying "I assumed they were going to be bad to begin with so I didn't take time to learn them properly"

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

1,263. Posted:

Yes! Just got this game in the mail. Played it a little bit but not too much yet.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,264. Posted:

Okay, so I'm in a room where I have raise and lower the water level. I shot the little switch thing so that the 3 platforms raise up and fall down.... now what?

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,265. Posted:

Oh no... IM block with 98%, the 2 last items are blocked because of a non working elevator shaft! (The one south of the Main Elevator, in the Main section)... And I dont want to go fight the last boss before I get them!

Edit: Nevermind, I was able to get them, 100% Hard Mode Unlocked!

Kingbuilder wrote:

Okay, so I'm in a room where I have raise and lower the water level. I shot the little switch thing so that the 3 platforms raise up and fall down.... now what?

Kick Jump on the ledge behind the switch, its pretty weird in fact, but it works.

Edited on by Arigner

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,266. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

You should be able to wall jump between the switch and the wall behind it.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

1,267. Posted:

now that there is one, please put your spoilers in the thread specifically for discussing Other M spoilers. thank you :3 -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,268. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

Then that's where you fail. You've obviously haven't gotten hit while in FP mode when fighting more than one enemy (it's quicker to progress in my eyes). If this was Super Metroid or Prime, shooting a missile wouldn't be so much of a hassle.

if this was super metroid or prime then firing a missile wouldn't even be worth it. they've been stepped up in power to compensate for the extra time it takes to fire one, and i think the compromise is pretty good.

when it comes to getting hit in first person, i think adam said exactly what i wanted to. if you're getting hit by swarms of enemies you either didn't choose the right time or the right place to enter. what's more, the game gives you the ability to dodge in 1st person (as well as simultaneously dodge out of 1st person and into 3rd) and even goes so far as to illuminate the helmet with yellow when an attack is imminent.

so if choose a bad place to enter, then fail to dodge after the hints the game gives you, it really is your own fault. :)

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,269. Posted:

Ah, thanks. I'm still a bit disappointed that you can't have sections where you run and shoot in the 'Behind-the-back shooter' sections.

All in all, it's a great game and it deserves way better reception than it got. :/

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,270. Posted:

@Chrono: Since Adam already replied to pretty much all of your post (despite the fact that I didn't authorize it :P), I'll just that say metascores mean absolutely nothing to me; as long as I enjoyed the game, that's all I need to know..

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

pikku

1,271. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

metascores mean absolutely nothing to me; as long as I enjoyed the game, that's all I need to know..

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,272. Posted:

You mean that guy who constantly takes orders from others? And doesn't he see The Boss as a sort of mother figure? It's been awhile since I played MGS3, but he definitely looked up to her in much the same way, even if they didn't specifically say it.
Nintendo equivalent. I didn't say she was exactly like him in every way you can possibly think of!!!1!1!1!1!

He takes orders because that's part of the storyline. Samus takes orders too? I never said she didn't it's just her voice acting in the game and the fact she looks up to Adam like a father threw me off and questioned if she really is my favorite bounty hunter. Plus i don't want to debate on Metal Gear Solid but I don't think Naked Snake looked up to The Boss like a mother figure so much as a hero in general. She taught him everything he knows.

If he's the one who didn't get hit, then it sounds more like you are the one who failed... not him, and not the controls since plenty of us can do it fine.
I didn't fail. The only thing I've done that even comes close to failing is dieing in ridiculous ways. (Before you jump to conclusions, I've died from the enemies in some cheap ways prior to the bosses.) It's easy to switch from third to first person it's just not my specialty. That's one of the faults I find in this game.

Missiles should be used mainly in one-on-one boss battles.
Not when your impatient and want to get from one area to the next as soon as possible.

I don't know why you'd use them against normal enemies.
You have no idea why? Just think about it for... 5 minutes. ;)

Of course you're going to get hit if there's more than one of them and one gets behind you, but that goes for Prime, too. Samus does not have eyes in the back of her head.
Nor an arm cannon. ;)

If you are in a situation with multiple enemies and need to fire missiles, you need to think it through. Find a way to stun the other enemy or isolate one so that you have time. For someone who complains the game is too easy, I'm surprised you have a problem with this. I think you just need to give it some more time and figure out what works best for you.
Like I've said before, this game is too easy it's just the enemies take too long to kill, (even though I usually run right pass them. All I'm saying is that I hate how long it takes to kill enemies when you need to be in that room or you have to kill the enemies in that room to proceed. Then I use missiles and have a 60-40 chance of being hit. It's not fun, I do not fail, it's cheap and it's bogus.)

When Metroid 2 came out, no Metroid was on another planet than Zebes. When Prime came out, no Metroid was in 3D. When Fusion came out, no Metroid before was in a ship. When Hunters came out, no Metroid had multiple planets. I for one am glad they try new things. The holographic walls are only in what, ten rooms at most? Maybe not that many. Doesn't seem worth caring about either way, really.
Actually she's in another ship just like in Fusion. ;) And the holographic rooms are lies to me. This beautiful desert environment... is fake you noob, bwahaha LOLZ. My reply? Wow... carries on

Chrono+Cross wrote:

The nunchuck could have improved by if you were to just point at the screen you could fire a missile immediately. Point away from the screen to continue with your journey.

Adam wrote:

That's exactly how it works now.

In a way yes. But I'd rather point away from the screen and be in a 3-D world then when I want to use a missile press the C button immediately, then if I wanted to use the grappling hook press Z, and if I need to locate something, point the Wii remote at the screen and low and behold I could do that without having to twist an entire controller sideways to do so. Doesn't that just tickle you on the inside?

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Chrono: Since Adam already replied to pretty much all of your post (despite the fact that I didn't authorize it :P), I'll just that say metascores mean absolutely nothing to me; as long as I enjoyed the game, that's all I need to know..

To each his/her own. Some people depend on the scores to whether they want to buy the game or not. Some do not like you. I'm one to not care either but this game is fairly different from the others. Other M: 80. Prime: 97. Just saying.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,273. Posted:

@Chrono Why are you trolling up this thread? This thread was made to give your views of the game, not bash people for their opinions and proclaim how terrible a game is.

Also, there's a hard mode in the game, and listening to everything you hear from reviewers will make you an ignorant person.

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,274. Posted:

I'm at the MB battle.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,275. Posted:

@irken: Stay on your toes during that fight, man...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,276. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

@Chrono Why are you trolling up this thread? This thread was made to give your views of the game, not bash people for their opinions and proclaim how terrible a game is.

I'm not trolling or making fun of anyone. But I am giving my views and people are going against my views so bother them please. Not me. (Read the last few pages. Metroid Fan was curious to why I didn't like the game then him and Adam were going against me saying this and that.)

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,277. Posted:

@Chrono: How exactly are Adam and I to blame here? You said it yourself, you're giving your opinions on this game and Adam and I are, too, they just happen to contradict yours and you don't appreciate it. Besides, we've in no way degraded your opinions, either, whereas you've both remarked that I "fail" and called Adam a "noob". Name-calling isn't exactly the best way to win an argument or win people over, you know. Either keep your opposing opinions civil or keep them to yourself...

AuthorMessage

Bigdog

1,278. Posted:

This game is awesome, have you heard this today? Cause if you haven't here's a reminder.. THIS GAME IS AWESOME...

Just finished at 100% at a little under 10 hours.

A quick point: I don't like chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, or coffee. That puts me at about 10-20% of the population on each count, and WAY below 1% when considering all three. No one can "convince" me to like them. At the same time, it's not in my place to convince anyone else that those three are horrible, either. If someone offer me one of those three, I will decline, politely. If they push, I will tell them I don't like it. If they push enough, I'll walk away. Why? Because once I've make it known that I don't like something, there's no point being around where others do... it doesn't accomplish anything... specially when I'm the minority...

Just saying....

Now @Metroid and @Adam, looking forward to checking the Spoiler thread to see what you guys have been saying about that great ending...

Edited on by Bigdog

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,279. Posted:

WOO JUST BEAT IT :D Now to find all the powerups

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,280. Posted:

@Bigdog: Go for it, man...

@irken: Congratulations, you decepticon-lover, now get cracking on finding those pick-ups...