Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,201. Posted:

Well, I went to Gamestop and got my preorder bonus. I was really impressed with the material (I mean, considering it's free), but not the content. If I were younger, I'd probably amuse myself by putting one of the Adam portraits on my desk, and a couple of the landscape-y ones look nice, but oh well. If any of you diehard fans are looking to nab this and didn't preorder, hit me up in the trading thread, and maybe I'll milk an NES game out of this.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Angaran

1,202. Posted:

did any of you guys have truble finding Other M in stores?
(it my birthday the 5th and she says the sold out at Gamestop, target, and Walmart)

Angaran

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,203. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Well, I went to Gamestop and got my preorder bonus. I was really impressed with the material (I mean, considering it's free), but not the content. If I were younger, I'd probably amuse myself by putting one of the Adam portraits on my desk, and a couple of the landscape-y ones look nice, but oh well. If any of you diehard fans are looking to nab this and didn't preorder, hit me up in the trading thread, and maybe I'll milk an NES game out of this.

:-O

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,204. Posted:

@CB: I take it you're interested in Adam's offer? :P

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,205. Posted:

MAYBE.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,206. Posted:

Man... I can't believe I'm saying this but Other M is kind of a disappointment to me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,207. Posted:

@CB: Well, hop to it, man, it's well worth it (even if Adam doesn't seem to think so :P)...

@Chrono: What is it about the game that disappointed you? I'm curious to know, especially after all the praise it's received in this thread since its release...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,208. Posted:

I think I have the opposite of "can't stop playing it" disease: I can't keep playing it. It's too good. And I keep reading comments from people who have beaten it already. I don't want it to end...so I keep breaking off my progress, so that I'll have something for later.

I just finished Sector 1. I am absolutely loving this game. The voice acting is starting to strain itself a bit (barring Samus, who I really feel does a great job), but the atmosphere is fantastic, the room-by-room puzzles pretty tricky, and it's just an overall wonderful experience. Great stuff.

AuthorMessage

SilentJ

1,209. Posted:

Angaran wrote:

did any of you guys have truble finding Other M in stores?

The Best Buy I went to hadn't even put the game out on the floor when I bought my copy yesterday. The employee had to get it from the stock room.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,210. Posted:

I beat it, thought it was all over, then I saw the percent of items I collected...40%...That's not good is it?

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,211. Posted:

@ballkirby: Wow, that is pretty dismal, you should go back and start collecting them now that all the locations are revealed on your map...

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,212. Posted:

Arigner wrote:

I finished it today... bad game.

you spelled "great" wrong

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,213. Posted:

That probably explains why I beat it so fast...7 and 1/2 hours I believe. I'll have to double check that maybe
8 and1/2.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,214. Posted:

sakamoto confirmed that the next metroid will take place after fusion: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135156

that's not to say that he's already got the idea for it or anything, it's just that he seems to have said he'd rather to push the story forward next time instead of filling in any more gaps.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,215. Posted:

@romulux: F*** yeah! Come up with something as soon as humanly possible, Sakamoto!

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,216. Posted:

I wish Team Ninja would've expanded on the 'behind-the-back shooter' style. It could've gave the next game a chance to have a Resident Evil 4-style game by giving the players a bit more of the feel. Many people think they didn't execute it well, so I guess the chances are pretty slim now. D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,217. Posted:

i liked the re4 cam too. i was kind of surprised by how much it felt like leon at times, but they really didn't choose when to use it very well, for instance, when you're in a safe room with other marines present, it's not really tense enough to understand why they chose that mode.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,218. Posted:

Man, it's amazing how many people will just write off a game based on other people's opinions without even bothering to try forming their own (I'm referring to a commenter on that goNintendo article). Not to mention he actually bought into the whole "sexism" bit. I pity that fool...

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,219. Posted:

romulux wrote:

sakamoto confirmed that the next metroid will take place after fusion: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135156

that's not to say that he's already got the idea for it or anything, it's just that he seems to have said he'd rather to push the story forward next time instead of filling in any more gaps.

...Chances are this will be Dread. Come out with it already! T_T
Would love to see a 2-D Metroid game on the 3DS. :p

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,220. Posted:

Awesome news. I want to know what happens after Fusion. I'm very concerned how they'll continue to explain away loss of power-ups. I hope they don't come up with an even worse excuse than the most recent one. Power bombs were well explained. Weapons... I don't know why that matters when Samus is alone and not near anyone else to harm them accidentally. But suits and speed booster, hmm...

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.