Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,742

TheBaconator

That probably explains why I beat it so fast...7 and 1/2 hours I believe. I'll have to double check that maybe
8 and1/2.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

romulux

sakamoto confirmed that the next metroid will take place after fusion: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135156

that's not to say that he's already got the idea for it or anything, it's just that he seems to have said he'd rather to push the story forward next time instead of filling in any more gaps.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: F*** yeah! Come up with something as soon as humanly possible, Sakamoto!

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Kingbuilder

I wish Team Ninja would've expanded on the 'behind-the-back shooter' style. It could've gave the next game a chance to have a Resident Evil 4-style game by giving the players a bit more of the feel. Many people think they didn't execute it well, so I guess the chances are pretty slim now. D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

romulux

i liked the re4 cam too. i was kind of surprised by how much it felt like leon at times, but they really didn't choose when to use it very well, for instance, when you're in a safe room with other marines present, it's not really tense enough to understand why they chose that mode.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

Man, it's amazing how many people will just write off a game based on other people's opinions without even bothering to try forming their own (I'm referring to a commenter on that goNintendo article). Not to mention he actually bought into the whole "sexism" bit. I pity that fool...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Joeynator3000

romulux wrote:

sakamoto confirmed that the next metroid will take place after fusion: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135156

that's not to say that he's already got the idea for it or anything, it's just that he seems to have said he'd rather to push the story forward next time instead of filling in any more gaps.

...Chances are this will be Dread. Come out with it already! T_T
Would love to see a 2-D Metroid game on the 3DS.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Adam

Awesome news. I want to know what happens after Fusion. I'm very concerned how they'll continue to explain away loss of power-ups. I hope they don't come up with an even worse excuse than the most recent one. Power bombs were well explained. Weapons... I don't know why that matters when Samus is alone and not near anyone else to harm them accidentally. But suits and speed booster, hmm...

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Deviant_Mugen

I read the full interview, and it was a great read. Of course, the most interesting tidbit being the one about the next game taking place after Fusion...

Kid_A

Metroid_Fan wrote:

I read the full interview, and it was a great read. Of course, the most interesting tidbit being the one about the next game taking place after Fusion...

Where can we find the full interview?
And yeah, I'm really excited about finally seeing what happens after Fusion

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Deviant_Mugen

@Kid_A: It's linked at the bottom of the goNintendo article (it's in Spanish, though, but I might be persuaded to translate it if enough people wanted to read it or if NL wanted to post it themselves)...

Kid_A

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Kid_A: It's linked at the bottom of the goNintendo article (it's in Spanish, though, but I might be persuaded to translate it if enough people wanted to read it or if NL wanted to post it themselves)...

I can probably pick up most of it myself, but I think you should do it. I'm sure everybody here would love to read it

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Chrono_Cross

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Chrono: What is it about the game that disappointed you? I'm curious to know, especially after all the praise it's received in this thread since its release...

The fact that you have to use the Wii remote sideways is a little disappointing.
The fact that Samus is like a little p***y in this game is another let down. I mean come on I always thought of Samus as being the one female character to just be reckless and know whats up. Nope. Having this Adam d-bag, boss you around like hes your dad is something that threw me off at the beginning, along with the very poor implemented first person view which makes me just want to sell my copy of the game (Metroid Prime Trilogy anyone?). Not being aloud to use missiles in real time is quite irritating (for an example fighting any enemy and having to use missiles to make it an easy kill can only be used by going into first person mode, locking on, then shooting, but don't forget about repositioning your hand on the friggen' controller rather than just pressing a button to fire a missle. Come on the other weapons just lock on to the enemies why not the missiles?)

Though the combat is very poor I find it to be fun. That's it. Prime 1-3, Super Metroid, and Zero Mission? "Wow did you see that?! No ****ing way!" Metroid Other M? "Wow again? This is so stupid just give me my weapons now you ignorant..."

Another beef is having every item you acquired from Super Metroid but not being able to use them throughout the game until Adam says so. You don't lose them in an explosion, or an atomic blast. You don't even start off with nothing. Nope a human tells you to not use them and you follow his directions. Go Samus the universe's hero.

The bosses are too easy which throws me off again. The enemies seem to be harder than the bosses. I found myself struggling with the enemies more than Ridley or the other bosses. The voice acting is okay not really anything to be proud of but I did find Corruption to have better voice acting as a whole. The graphics are very impressive. Some areas have less textures than others but overall I love the graphic system. Finding a specific thing in an area with the first person mode to progress through the game was a dumb part on Nintendo's. I found myself more entertained watching paint dry than doing any of these scenarios. (I'm not joking.)

Your probably wondering if I even like anything about this game huh? Well I'm a "hardcore" Metroid fan to say the least but as much as I've expected from this game I came away disappointed. Every other Metroid (on consoles that is), blew me away from start to finish. This, from start to Ridely bored to me to a pulp. I now walk away thinking "Should I buy the next Metroid game? Should I waste my money on another disappointment?" The answer is yes because I'm a gamer and I give every game a chance. Especially Metroid.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Adam

Chrono+Cross wrote:

this Adam d-bag

I do not appreciate this.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Not being aloud you use missiles in real time is quite irritating

Not to be picky, but you do fire in real-time. That's actually what makes it challenging. If time stopped while you switched, it'd be pretty easy and not very exciting. Versus normal baddies, you won't need missiles, and it makes the boss fights more intense. Plus, would you really prefer if the entire game were on auto-aim?

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Another beef is having every item you acquired from Super Metroid but not being able to use them throughout the game until Adam says so. You don't lose them in an explosion, or an atomic blast. You don't even start off with nothing. Nope a human tells you to not use them and you follow his directions.

You think Super Metroid handled this better? Not only are you searching for the same pick-ups, but you're finding them on the same planet! It makes no sense! At least Other M tried here, and for the most part it makes sense, just not the suits. Fusion had the most satisfying explanation. Prime's explosion was fine once, I guess, but didn't they reuse the same excuse in the next one? I don't even remember what Prime 3 did, but if you lose your weapons three games in a row, you are not a galactic hero. You're a galactic klutz.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

The bosses are too easy which throws me off again.

Again, Super Metroid... I'm not sure I could tell you the last time I even got hit by most of those bosses. Metroid is known for its cool bosses, not challenging ones, unfortunately. Sense Move certainly doesn't help change matters here, allowing you to dodge almost everything by constantly tapping the D-pad whenever you aren't shooting.

Anyway, that just stuck out to me. Not trying to change your opinion or anything. I agree very much about the forced first-person segments. Some really stumped me, too, which was annoying. I think the game has a lot of room for improvement, myself, but I think it is a step forward and removes the necessity of having separate 2D and 3D series, as it brings together the best of both worlds. If the next one can come up with a better, less divisive story and fix some little things, I think we could someday see a 3D game on par with Super Metroid.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

the_shpydar

@Chrono
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. And I think mine is that i disagree with just about everything you said.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Joeynator3000

Yeah...I found the bosses to be just as hard...died several times. The forced first-person mode....thing was somewhat annoying too but whatever. Still thought it was a great game. (kinda scared to do hard mode now though, lol)

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Chrono_Cross

Adam wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

this Adam d-bag

I do not appreciate this.

Not my fault. Opinions are opinions.

Adam wrote:

Not to be picky, but you do fire in real-time. That's actually what makes it challenging. If time stopped while you switched, it'd be pretty easy and not very exciting. Versus normal baddies, you won't need missiles, and it makes the boss fights more intense. Plus, would you really prefer if the entire game were on auto-aim?

You don't see what I'm trying to say. In Metroid Prime/Super Metroid you'd press a button to shoot a missile. Not turn the controller so it's pointing at the screen, lock on then shoot. It does not intensify anything. It just slows down movement for you to get hit by long range attacks and to slow down the supposedly fast paced action. As I've said before the boss battles are very easy. Would I prefer if the entire game was on auto aim? Yes because the combat is terrible.

Adam wrote:

You think Super Metroid handled this better? Not only are you searching for the same pick-ups, but you're finding them on the same planet! It makes no sense! At least Other M tried here, and for the most part it makes sense, just not the suits. Fusion had the most satisfying explanation. Prime's explosion was fine once, I guess, but didn't they reuse the same excuse in the next one? I don't even remember what Prime 3 did, but if you lose your weapons three games in a row, you are not a galactic hero. You're a galactic klutz.

Do I think Super Metroid did this better? Yes because Zebes isn't a galactic ship or whatever, that has holographic environments. It's technically real and unlike Other M is a phenomenal achievement. (I'm talking about Super Metroid as a game.) Nope. In Echoes Samus gets her gear stolen from her by the Ing. In Corruption Dark Samus blasts her and the other hunters with one of her arm cannon blasts. So no, they don't reuse the same event.

Adam wrote:

Again, Super Metroid... I'm not sure I could tell you the last time I even got hit by most of those bosses. Metroid is known for its cool bosses, not challenging ones, unfortunately. Sense Move certainly doesn't help change matters here, allowing you to dodge almost everything by constantly tapping the D-pad whenever you aren't shooting.

Other M is much easier than Super. (For me atleast.) Plus no boss fight in Other M tops Kraid's, Ridley's, or Mother Brain's fight in Super Metroid. Especially nothing tops the hyper beam, the advance missile expansion, power bomb, etc. placement, and of course, the 3:00 minute countdown.

Just for you.

Deviant_Mugen

the shpydar wrote:

@Chrono
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. And I think mine is that i disagree with just about everything you said.

Also, Chrono, if you thought that the bosses were "too easy", then you might want to try Hard mode (that is assuming you got 100%) and see what you have to say then. Pretty much the only point you made that I more or less agree on is the one about the forced first-person find-its, and even then only the first two were annoying...

Chrono_Cross

@Metroid Fan
I'm not enforcing anyone to agree nor disagree, I'm just pointing the flaws I've endured is all. I've played much better Metroids in my day.

Just for you.

Joeynator3000

...I don't think Samus loses anything of hers to begin with in Corruption. >_>

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic