Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,742

Adam

There are no sectors 4-6. I didn't even know there were supposed to be.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

JonWahlgren

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...Now I'm afraid to go into my own thread (where Panda changed my title for some weird reason...), and...stuck again. It's the part where you're forced to stay in first-person mode and have to defeat these giant...beetle things, I keep missiling them all to death but can never kill them all...they kill me eventually...ugh. T_T

I just changed the thread title for clarification, as someone said that it was unclear or something.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

invmat

Adam wrote:

There are no sectors 4-6. I didn't even know there were supposed to be.

Sorry, it seems to be my fault. When Adam was giving instructions, he was giving them to 6 persons or so. He gave the first 3 orders to check one of the first three sectors each. Because I was a little tired while I was watching it on youtube, I assumed that the others had to check other sectors. Sorry, my bad.

invmat

Adam

Don't be fooled, Bell. He did it because he is a tyrant driven mad by his endless powers.

The most editsome edit of all: Well, I beat the game, and I can now say for certain that I enjoyed this much more than all the Prime games put together. It is basically Fusion 3D with a little Prime seasoning. Definitely ranks up there with the best of the series. I authorize and encourage everyone to play this game.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Arigner

You Authorize us to play the game?

God Adam is so sexist. 2/5

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

NotEnoughGolds

Adam wrote:

NotEnoughGolds, I've beaten the game once or twice. But starting with 30 energy is not teaching you to survive. It's teaching you how to be bored to death. Refilling all those energy tanks is not remotely fun. Challenge should be through good, fun level design (which it has), not the unrelenting tedium of killing those infinitely spawning enemies over and over. And yea, Ridley is easy. I find Kraid is really tough though. His missiles are overwhelming, so I just spaz out on the attack button and make sure I have a ton of energy tanks before. I find him harder than Mother Brain, actually.

Survivors don't need to fill up on infinitely spawning enemies. It's plenty easy to just grab E-Tanks along the way to killing the bosses - granted, that's not so easy on the first playthrough which is why I never legitimately beat the game until about a month ago.
Anyway, for Kraid, you just need to acquire the ice beam, jump right up next to him so that your arm cannon is pretty much inside of him, and just press fire as past as you possibly can. And of course, grab the E-Tank if you get low on Energy.

Why am I talking about other Metroid games so much in this thread? Possibly because you guys are much further into the game than I am. I just entered Sector 2 for the first time.

I'm actually happy Adam didn't authorize the Varia Suit right away. It allowed me to use Concentration whenever I wanted.

NotEnoughGolds

Joeynator3000

Sheesh, with you people talking about Kraid all the time I thought he was gonna show up in Other M. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Arigner

I finished it today... bad game. I'll post my review in time.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

Adam

Well, I went to Gamestop and got my preorder bonus. I was really impressed with the material (I mean, considering it's free), but not the content. If I were younger, I'd probably amuse myself by putting one of the Adam portraits on my desk, and a couple of the landscape-y ones look nice, but oh well. If any of you diehard fans are looking to nab this and didn't preorder, hit me up in the trading thread, and maybe I'll milk an NES game out of this.

Come on, friends,

Angaran

did any of you guys have truble finding Other M in stores?
(it my birthday the 5th and she says the sold out at Gamestop, target, and Walmart)

Angaran

Philip_J_Reed

Adam wrote:

Well, I went to Gamestop and got my preorder bonus. I was really impressed with the material (I mean, considering it's free), but not the content. If I were younger, I'd probably amuse myself by putting one of the Adam portraits on my desk, and a couple of the landscape-y ones look nice, but oh well. If any of you diehard fans are looking to nab this and didn't preorder, hit me up in the trading thread, and maybe I'll milk an NES game out of this.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

@CB: I take it you're interested in Adam's offer?

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Chrono_Cross

Man... I can't believe I'm saying this but Other M is kind of a disappointment to me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Deviant_Mugen

@CB: Well, hop to it, man, it's well worth it (even if Adam doesn't seem to think so )...

@Chrono: What is it about the game that disappointed you? I'm curious to know, especially after all the praise it's received in this thread since its release...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Philip_J_Reed

I think I have the opposite of "can't stop playing it" disease: I can't keep playing it. It's too good. And I keep reading comments from people who have beaten it already. I don't want it to end...so I keep breaking off my progress, so that I'll have something for later.

I just finished Sector 1. I am absolutely loving this game. The voice acting is starting to strain itself a bit (barring Samus, who I really feel does a great job), but the atmosphere is fantastic, the room-by-room puzzles pretty tricky, and it's just an overall wonderful experience. Great stuff.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SilentJ

Angaran wrote:

did any of you guys have truble finding Other M in stores?

The Best Buy I went to hadn't even put the game out on the floor when I bought my copy yesterday. The employee had to get it from the stock room.

PSN ID : MrPink78

TheBaconator

I beat it, thought it was all over, then I saw the percent of items I collected...40%...That's not good is it?

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Deviant_Mugen

@ballkirby: Wow, that is pretty dismal, you should go back and start collecting them now that all the locations are revealed on your map...

romulux

Arigner wrote:

I finished it today... bad game.

you spelled "great" wrong

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic