Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,161. Posted:

@Adam: It is indeed true, I have mine right here...

Also, about the manga, it is canon. Where do you think the scene with Samus and Ridley from Other M came from? Where do you think it was established that Ridley was the one that murdered Samus's parents? Yup, in the manga...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Machu

1,162. Posted:

Stoopid Game!!!

only cos i have to wait till 4pm 2moro to pick it up then get home and the Wii says "nooo!"... I hope not!!! pwzzzzzz!!!

IF MY WII LIKES ME THO, METROIDGASM, WHOOOO

for a night or two tho, from the sounds of it :[ booo

NEARLY THERE, GIMMEEEE~

EXCITED, SOZ

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,163. Posted:

Some things they've borrowed, yes, but the creators have the right to pick and choose. It's their series, so any works related to it done by others is fair game for them to draw from. Personally, I see no reason to believe that everything in the manga is considered to have happened. All you list is one incident, rephrased again differently. But you can consider it to be canonical if you want. Not trying to change anyone's mind. I just don't see it as such.

Regarding the art book, how is it? Is there a lot to it, or is it more of just a pamphlet? I'm wondering if I should bother them. No way to prove I didn't get it, anyway.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,164. Posted:

@Adam: It's quite nice, actually, though smaller than it appeared on GameStop's site. It's not a booklet, it's a rubbery sleeve (it's nicer than it sounds) that houses 16 high-quality art cards of various characters and locations in Other M, with descriptions of each written on the back...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,165. Posted:

I knew I should have asked when I picked it up. But I was so eager to get home and play, who can blame me. Maybe the clerk didn't want to give it to me without my explicit authorization.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,166. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Adam: It's quite nice, actually, though smaller than it appeared on GameStop's site. It's not a booklet, it's a rubbery sleeve (it's nicer than it sounds) that houses 16 high-quality art cards of various characters and locations in Other M, with descriptions of each written on the back...

Yeah. It's actually labeled as an Art Folio so it makes sense. I thought it was a pretty nice bonus, considering how pretty some of the art is.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,167. Posted:

@Adam: I think you should go ask for one and see if they still have any left, I mean, you did pre-order the game...

@Kid_A: Yup, it was well worth pre-ordering the game for...

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,168. Posted:

Can those of us who have finished at least the first part of the game have an exclusive and ridiculously spoiler-saturated discussion about the game's ending?

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,169. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Romulux, Ridley is killed in Metroid 1 from all looks and appearances. He disappears. And in Super Metroid, there is no indication whatsoever that he's been revived with prosthetics.

prime (which takes place after metroid) specifically says that he was revived with cybernetics in some of the scans. he never really dies in any of the trilogy fights, he just kind of falls of a cliff at the end of prime 1 and disappears into a cloud of phazon in prime 3, so it's not until super that you explicitly see him die at the end of a fight. trying to justify why video game bosses appear over and over is silly, but i think their explanation is pretty decent.

for what it's worth, i love the way they brought him back in other m. it adds so much weirdness to his character... you will never look at him the same way again.

SPOILER ALERT
hi.
END SPOILERS

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,170. Posted:

Spoilers....I guess.........

Dunno how to make big bold words... T_T
Anyways, have no freakin clue on what to do with this...Omega Metroid I'm guessing what it's called. Help.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,171. Posted:

^kid a , i think at this point anyone reading this thread is pretty much asking for the game to be spoiled. i myself think keeping the warnings up should be good enough.

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,172. Posted:

Why doesn't this forum have spoiler tags anyways? Wish they would have them. >_>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,173. Posted:

I'm pretty sure we should have a separate thread for spoilers.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,174. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Spoilers....I guess.........

Dunno how to make big bold words... T_T
Anyways, have no freakin clue on what to do with this...Omega Metroid I'm guessing what it's called. Help.

This fight is stressful. The Metroid Queen (I think that's its actual name) releases some Metroid babies that try to latch onto you and drain your life. Using your sensedodge and/or running around like a crazed gazelle, try to blast the Metroids with a charged shot. Wait till they're all in a cluster, as your Diffusion beam will allow you to hit them all at once. The reason you want to try to hit them all at once is because if you hit them enough, they'll freeze temporarily. While frozen, blast them with a Super Missile (or, if there's a few of them frozen, you can use lock onto all of them with your whatsitface missiles). After you kill the Metroids, you'll enter a little cutscene, after which you'll be stuck in first person mode. Charge shot the monster's stomach, and when he gets up and opens his mouth, grapple beam the inside of his mouth. This will propel Samus into his belly. Quickly charge up a Power Bomb (you can use them at this point) and kill him for good.

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,175. Posted:

i know these are way too big, but screw it:
Untitled
Untitled

this is by far the best looking game on the wii; yes, better than galaxy 2, star successor, and corruption (even if it did have more detailed art direction). it's the only wii game i've played that truly looked like a next gen game without any compromises.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,176. Posted:

There is now a thread to talk freely about Other M here (thx, BellGoRiiing :3). If everyone would be so kind as to use that thread for spoiler-tastic comments, and leave this thread for people who don't want to be spoiled re: plot/strategy/whatev', it would be greatly appreciated. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,177. Posted:

K, thanks Kid_A...and I made a thread for spoilers guys, lol.

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,178. Posted:

Romulux, that makes sense then. I've read that some of the Prime scans are actually inconsistent and/or non-canonical, but I personally would take them for "fact" unless explicitly shown to be in contradiction. I hated scanning all the enemies and stuff, but I loved the ridiculous amount of lore and backdrop added in the Prime games. And yea, I love his explanation in Other M, too, now that I've seen it. Kind of funny, really, which seems out of place, but who cares!

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,179. Posted:

@Adam: It's because the PAL version of the scans differ from the NA versions for some reason, but I take the NA version of the scans to be canonical...

AuthorMessage

hylianhalcyon

1,180. Posted:

I just got the speed booster, so I'm guessing I haven't played very much compared to the rest of you. :D I'm enjoying this game far more than I thought I would, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988