Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Machu

1,141. Posted:

/SPOILER!!!!

samus rocks! <3

/END SPOILER

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,142. Posted:

@Metroid_Fan
Yeah those things are ridiculous. If this is any glimpse into the difficulty of hard mode, we may have a serious challenge on our hands. Any word on if the cutscenes are skipable on subsequent playthroughs? This game seems like it would be fun to speedrun.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,143. Posted:

@Kid_A: I was able to skip the final cut scene at the end of the game, but that was on my current file, I don't know about new files. Hard mode should be fun, but it'll have to wait a few months...

@Machu: That she does, my friend...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

1,144. Posted:

SPOILER??????????

@Metroid_Fan: I hated them until I realized that all they take is about five or six charged plasma beam shots and a takedown move. There's no point in just shooting them, you must FINISH THEM!

/////SPOILER????????

Just got 100% on this. Hells yeah.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

1,145. Posted:

Is Crocomire in this game or not?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,146. Posted:

@Dragoon
Nope. But there's a much, much cooler Lava boss. I always thought Crocomire was kind of silly, myself. Besides the fact that his name is the BOMB.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,147. Posted:

So for the WHOLE game you start with all weapons and such and when you replay it you have to find them?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,148. Posted:

SPOILER

@Panda: Oh, yeah? My method was to back myself into a corner and shoot three Super Missiles at them. The key to fighting those things is to get a good distance away after the Power Bomb goes off, because those things are a nightmare at close range due to their speed, plus they can teleport, too...

/SPOILER

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

1,149. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

@Dragoon
Nope. But there's a much, much cooler Lava boss. I always thought Crocomire was kind of silly, myself. Besides the fact that his name is the BOMB.

No.... Crocomire? He was my favorite SM Boss... :(

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,150. Posted:

@turtlelink: Think you can ask your question a bit more coherently? I don't quite understand what you're asking...

AuthorMessage

ganondwarf16

1,151. Posted:

nevermind I figured it out
POSSIBLE SPOILER
and I got the speed booster and wave beam

ganondwarf has always been short

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,152. Posted:

@Metroidfan, I heard you can't use any of your weapons at will and have to wait for someone to tell you to use it iirc. But i also heard once you beat the game and replay it, you get to use your weapons anytime.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,153. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds, I've beaten the game once or twice. But starting with 30 energy is not teaching you to survive. It's teaching you how to be bored to death. Refilling all those energy tanks is not remotely fun. Challenge should be through good, fun level design (which it has), not the unrelenting tedium of killing those infinitely spawning enemies over and over. And yea, Ridley is easy. I find Kraid is really tough though. His missiles are overwhelming, so I just freak out on the attack button and make sure I have a ton of energy tanks before. I find him harder than Mother Brain, actually.

Romulux, Ridley is killed in Metroid 1 from all looks and appearances. He disappears. And in Super Metroid, there is no indication whatsoever that he's been revived with prosthetics. And manga is not remotely canonical. The explanation in Other M is satisfactory (and kind of amusing), though. What you were responding to was before I got past him.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,154. Posted:

...WTF? Just defeated this robot thing not too long ago that was intensifying the gravity...Apparently it wasn't a robot either, WTF?! xD
(it sounded like a baby when it died too)

Kinda reminded me of Nightmare.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,155. Posted:

@turtlelink: You heard right, you're not allowed to use any weapons or suit upgrades until Adam gives the word. As for being able to use them all when you replay it, you'd have to be more specific. If you mean "replaying" as in starting a new file, then I doubt that it's true (you do have free reign to use them all once you beat your current file, though)...

@BellGoRiiing:

SPOILER

I'm pretty sure that was Nightmare, or at least an earlier version of it...

/SPOILER

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,156. Posted:

Haha, Bell, that was a weird but cool end to the boss fight.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,157. Posted:

Google searches Holy crap, it was! xD
Didn't expect that. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,158. Posted:

Hey, its full of spoilers, guys! Pay attention!

Also, Adam, About the manga:
Manga = canon. I can't provide enough reasons for this, really. For starters, it was published on Nintendo's japanese website. It was also illustrated by the cut-scene artist(s) of Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, and several of the unlockable bonus pictures in Zero Mission adhere to the manga's storyline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnKZ0yWfF0w&feature=related (look after the middle)

Edited on by Arigner

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,159. Posted:

Wait, I was just reading somewhere else that there was an art book as a bonus for preorders at Gamestop? I didn't get one! Is this true? Or was there some sort of catch? Is it worth going complain to them about?

Edit: Eh, believe what you want about the manga. The guy who did the art work is not the guy in charge of the series' plot. Bonus pictures aren't exactly proof of anything, either. They're "bonus" for a reason.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,160. Posted:

I'm at the Ridley battle now. Epic cutscenes are epic :D

Backloggery