Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,121. Posted:

Samus dies halfway through and you play the rest of the game as Raiden. From Mortal Kombat, not Metal Gear.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,122. Posted:

:O

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,123. Posted:

The M in Other M stands for man. Because at the end Samus takes off her zero suit and blonde wig to reveal that she's actually been a man all this time! God this game is sexist. 2/5

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,124. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

The M in Other M stands for man. Because at the end Samus takes off her zero suit and blonde wig to reveal that she's actually been a man all this time! God this game is sexist. 2/5

ahahahaha, win

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,125. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

God this game is sexist. 2/5

I think you just created a meme...

What? Cortana is a GIRLY IA? God this game is sexist. 2/5

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,126. Posted:

Arigner wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

What? Mario has to save the Princess? God this game is sexist. 2/5

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

ganondwarf16

1,127. Posted:

I just beat a miniboss in a large room with a bridge that breaks in a cutscene if that helps.
Edit: god this game is sexist

Edited on by ganondwarf16

ganondwarf has always been short

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

1,128. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Arigner wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

What? Mrs. Pac-Man has a chin-mole and a bow on her head? God this game is sexist. 2/5

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

1,129. Posted:

I had to walk across hot coals, swing across pits of molten lava, and (in actuality) drive an hour and a half to my mom's house to borrow her Wii to get to play Other M (since my Wii is one of the gimp ones that has to be shipped out for repairs for the disc to be read), but I have to say I'm really, really enjoying the game so far. What crawled up that Abbie girl from G4's a-double snakes and died? The game isn't sexist; Samus is subservient and obedient to Adam because of their past. She respects him enough TO take orders from him, something the story makes quite clear that Samus typically does not do.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,130. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Arigner wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

What? Mrs. Pac-Man has a chin-mole and a bow on her head? God this game is sexist. 2/5

What? Link up and saves Hyrule after Zelda asks him to? God this game is sexist. 2/5

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

1,131. Posted:

Lets ship this meme to 4chan and see what they can do with it.
What Link is a woman?! And tingle isn't the main character?! Gawd this game is sexist. 0/1000000

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

1,132. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Pfft the original is still freakin' sweet.

I don't disagree. All the games, other than Prime 3, were pretty awesome in their own ways, I thought. But goodness gracious that game needs save points, even if just at the elevators and bosses.

Save points are for wimps. Restarting at the beginning of the area with 30 energy teaches you how to be a survivor.
Also, Ridley is one of the easiest boss fights ever, and Kraid isn't too bad either. That is, if you have the Ice Beam.
Metroid Prime 3 was awesome if only for the control scheme that was superimposed on the other 2 in MPT.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,133. Posted:

Adam wrote:

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERTAG
When he first confronts her, how could she possibly be so afraid? I mean, she's killed him before.
/SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERTAG

she's beaten him before but not killed him, since he apparently came back with prosthetics every time. super metroid is the one where she finally kills him for real, so she probably felt like that part of her past was closed. that's why i imagine she freaked out seeing that he was alive, as if after all that she's done he's unkillable.

in sakamoto's mind fighting ridley must have always been traumatic. she has an even worse freak out after her first encounter with him in the manga (don't recommend reading it, by the way).
Untitled

Adam wrote:

there the very strange lack of collection theme (seriously, what gives? I want the game to be excited when I find a power-up, too)

i'm so glad they finally did something about that. it gets annoying interrupting the game music with that fanfare every time you find the most trivial little items. the metroid prime games actually took the same step in reducing the interruption by just making a little noise when you pick up missile packs.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,134. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Dragoon wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Arigner wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

What? Link up and saves Hyrule after Zelda asks him to? God this game is sexist. 2/5

Playboys have GIRLS in them? .... 9/10.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,135. Posted:

That's the hardest I've laughed in awhile. You know who doesn't laugh, though? Samus. What, a girl can't laugh every now and again? God this game is sexist. 2/5
I'm so glad I started this

Edited on by Kid_A

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,136. Posted:

I think that before it goes overhand we should create a thread just for it...
(What? Kratos see boobs everywhere? God that game is sexist. 2/5)

AuthorMessage

Bigdog

1,137. Posted:

That was a good concentration laugh, I think I just gained a full bar of life.

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,138. Posted:

Bigdog wrote:

That was a good concentration laugh, I think I just gained a full bar of life.

I've had this weird infection on the site of an old surgery wound this month. The doctors can't really figure out what's wrong with it. Bless you Metroid: Other M. You taught me a valuable lesson--apparently I just wasn't concentrating hard enough.

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,139. Posted:

I just realized that when Sakamoto said that Samus needed a high concentration to maintain her power suit.... it also relate to the concentration move! Pretty clever!

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,140. Posted:

Minor end-game SPOILERS, I guess.

So, to bring the thread back into topical territory, anyone else hate those bugs that block all the power bomb doors? I don't know about you guys, but I got rocked by one of those things while I had all of my energy thanks and missiles full thanks to not backing myself into a corner where it couldn't sneak up on me. So, yeah, whatever those shield bugs are called, they suck (especially since they can regenerate all their health if you don't kill them fast enough, not to mention they hit hard)...

/minor SPOILERS

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."