Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,101. Posted:

So I just beat the game. Well, you know, the first end anyway. Do they explain the title Other M later on or should I just continue my assumption that it's simply an anagram for Mother?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,102. Posted:

SPOILERYSPOILERSPARTTHESECOND
I would assume it stands for other Metroid(s) or other Mother (MB). I'm not done yet though.
SPOILERYSPOILERPARTTHESECONDCONCLUDEDTHANKYOUSOMUCHFORREADINGMYSPOILER

Maaaan, the game just gets awesomer and awesomer by the second from the Ridley fight onward. Can't wait to get home tonight and hopefully finish it. Definitely the best 3D Metroid. I'll have to replay the 2D ones someday soon because I'm not even sure if all of those are better. Metroid 1 & 2 definitely take a back seat for me.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,103. Posted:

Mild Spoilers
The ending of the game: hmm. One one hand the twist at the end is very cool, and it wraps up an over all excellent story. I just thought the last little bit, which has Samus sort of reflecting on the whole adventure, wasn't particularly effective. Then again, the game isn't exactly over over once the credits role. In fact it only gets more fun :) So we'll see. Maybe there's more to the ending I just haven't seen yet.

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,104. Posted:

I'm curious what your completion time was, Kid A. I get the feeling I'm nearing the non-100% end, myself. Don't know what my time is right now, but it couldn't be close to the 20+ hour mark usually associated with 3D console adventures. I quite hope it turns out to be as short as I'm suspecting it is. I look forward to trying hard mode, but not if it's going to take me forever.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,105. Posted:

Just an estimate, but probably around 9-10 hours. I actually quite appreciated it's brevity. I hate it when console games add in needless objectives to try and stretch out the length (like finding the energy cells in MP3). Plus there's plenty to do once you beat the game

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

1,106. Posted:

Adam wrote:

I'll have to replay the 2D ones someday soon because I'm not even sure if all of those are better. Metroid 1 & 2 definitely take a back seat for me.

Pfft the original is still freakin' sweet.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,107. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

I'm curious what your completion time was, Kid A. I get the feeling I'm nearing the non-100% end, myself. Don't know what my time is right now, but it couldn't be close to the 20+ hour mark usually associated with 3D console adventures. I quite hope it turns out to be as short as I'm suspecting it is. I look forward to trying hard mode, but not if it's going to take me forever.

I may add, that to really know what time it took, go see in your log on the wii hub.

BIT OF SPOILERS
Also, about Ridley, think of this about 2 minutes: even if she killed him about 5 times (6 if we count Zero Mission), she was sure that it was it final end in Super Metroid: there was no matter to clone for: the planet freakkingly exploded! So, for her, he was finally destroyed for ever. Until she learns otherwise....
END OF SPOILERS

Edited on by Arigner

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

ganondwarf16

1,108. Posted:

i'm stuck on sector 2. I just passed a navigation booth and my path is obstructed and needs the super missle to blow up. I do not have the super missle yet and can't find another path. Can anyone help?

ganondwarf has always been short

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,109. Posted:

I also died once at the hands of the falling elevator, then the next time around I remembered one of the impression articles I'd read prior to the game's release which mentioned hiding out in the alcove, so that's what I did...

@Adam: My file says I was just 7 minutes shy of 19 hours, (my Wii says 35 minutes shy of 30, though) of course, I got all the pickups, so that probably added on an hour or so...

Regarding the Ridley discussion, not really topical or spoilery, but how f'ing evil did Ridley look all silhouetted when he first reveals himself to Samus? The glowing, piercing green eyes were an awesome touch...

The Fox wrote:

Wait, you played a game for nearly 19 hours in a single day?

Yes, yes I did; it's that awesome...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,110. Posted:

ganondwarf16 wrote:

i'm stuck on sector 2. I just passed a navigation booth and my path is obstructed and needs the super missle to blow up. I do not have the super missle yet and can't find another path. Can anyone help?

Could you be a little more specific? I know what part you're talking about but I can't remember the context

AuthorMessage

Taya

1,111. Posted:

I haven't read through this whole thread and this has probably been answered already so I appologize.

How difficult is this game? I've heard a few people/reviews mention difficulty and I've never ever played a Metroid game before. I also prefer easy games because I'm a big crybaby.

I don't mind dying a few times but I don't want to get really stuck on a hard boss or a hard hallway or something, you know?

Taya

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,112. Posted:

Taya, it is a decent challenge, but I think anyone should be able to do it with effort. Because of the way the sense move (dodge) works, I found myself just tapping the D-pad over and over during most of the boss fights so that I'd always dodge. A few will catch you by surprise, but I beat every boss on my first or second try, I believe.

The challenge is more in figuring out what to do. Many rooms have very obscure paths to the exit. Of course, if you get stuck, you can always use a guide, so it's not like the game should be impossible no matter how stumped you are.

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Pfft the original is still freakin' sweet.

I don't disagree. All the games, other than Prime 3, were pretty awesome in their own ways, I thought. But goodness gracious that game needs save points, even if just at the elevators and bosses.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,113. Posted:

@Taya: It's not difficult enough to where you'll end up stuck for too long, especially not in a hallway. The key to winning difficult boss fights is to make use of the sense move and finding the boss's weakness. I only got stuck on one boss (the third to last one) and it turns out it was just due to my own mistakes (namely losing too much health before a certain part of the fight and not realizing you could "use" an unauthorized ability...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,114. Posted:

Thanks for ruining the game Mono

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,115. Posted:

Adam your disrespect for Metroid Prime 3 has upset me greatly. It's my second-favorite Metroid game. If I were Samus, I would give you a thumbs up.

AuthorMessage

Bigdog

1,116. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Adam your disrespect for Metroid Prime 3 has upset me greatly. It's my second-favorite Metroid game. If I were Samus, I would give you a thumbs up.

Thumbs "UP" FTW! I'm surprised an awesome meme hasn't come out of this yet... get to work internets!

@Taya, not a insane hard game, and I don't believe it's one that would give newcomers frustration. Well, at least not the "bad" kind of frustration. (The one from crazy design choices, or impossible situations. Mainly, it might frustrate you just from you not paying attention to stuff or taking a while to understand a boss' pattern)

As much as I love this game, if you have a choice, I can't in good conscience recommend you play it before Super Metroid. But plot spoiling aside, this would be a nice place to start the series if you don't want to play Super. (since this game comes after Super Metroid in the timeline, it will spoil Super Metroid's "story") If anything, it's a spiritual middle ground between the 2d games and the Prime series.

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,117. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Adam your disrespect for Metroid Prime 3 has upset me greatly. It's my second-favorite Metroid game.

As someone who loves not only Metroid 1 & 2 but also Hunters, three of the most actively disliked Metroid games, I can't say I sympathize. Poor Samus, she works so hard to save the galaxy over and over but can never seem to gain complete fan approval.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,118. Posted:

Maybe I'll wait until I finish Super Metroid until I pick this one up...

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Taya

1,119. Posted:

Thanks everyone. I think I'll give this game a try.

Taya

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,120. Posted:

ATTENTION PLZ KTHX

This game has been out for what, two days at the most? Please be careful not to spoil the game for everyone else. We don't have spoiler tags (yet?), but at the very least follow the example set by other users and be sure to mark your spoilers as such (a big 'SPOILER WARNING' just before you start revealing important plot devices/events works wonders). That way, people who haven't beaten it yet can skip your comments if they choose, and people who have can read away at their leisure.

Thank you for your cooperation :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon