Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,061. Posted:

@Kid_A: Well, it's a bit late for that, since I already gave up on the fight. I guess I'll have to re-do it, only without losing too much life this time around...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,062. Posted:

@Adam
Agreed...on both accounts.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,063. Posted:

@Adam: Huh? I wasn't the one that made the butt remark, sir, it was romulux (though it is quite nice)...

Also, Samus looked particularly good during a certain late-game flashback (where she has the short ponytail)...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,064. Posted:

@Adam Now Adam and Samus's relationship suddenly makes sense...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,065. Posted:

My bad. You Metroid fans all look the same to me.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

1,066. Posted:

Oooh are we talking about samus' hot a**?

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,067. Posted:

Of course that would be the first time you contribute to the conversation.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,068. Posted:

Damn it, still the same result as last time (Game Over), even though this time around I have six energy tanks to spare... >=[

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

1,069. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Anyway I'm only played for about 45 minutes and just reached sector 1 (I keep stopping to explore every room because I'm crazy). Definitely having fun so far. Chicken, you might finish this game before I do, since I will be in Vegas next week.

We'll see. :) I spent an embarrassingly long time chasing a red herring tonight. (At least, I think so.) [Intentionally mild spoilers follow for a section of the game that nearly all of you passed about an hour after you started playing...] I was in that room in Sector 1 with the big terrarium set in the wall. I noticed a hole blown in the glass, which wasn't there before (that I noticed) so I rolled in and explored. While exploring, I heard a certain tell-tale nibbling sound that I remembered from an earlier forced-first-person Where's-Waldo puzzle, so I kept walking in circles for about 10 minutes or more, switching perspectives back and forth, trying to find the little critter who made the noise the first time I heard it.

I never found him. Either I'm awful at locating him, or there's nothing there and I'm making myself crazy. If it's the latter--and it probably is, I admit--then I wonder why they put that nibbling sound in there, and made it so it gets louder or softer depending upon your distance from the "source." Especially since the source doesn't seem to be visible...?

Ah well.

I am loving this game. I've fought a whole slew of bosses so far. Or mini bosses. I have no idea. I love them. The sleeping monster was a great touch. It's lovely to find stuff like that, realize you'll have to fight him in a moment's time, and you have just a little relaxation period in which to catch your breath and say, "Aw, crap."

Plenty of seat-jumping moments, too. And the whole sliding in and out of cinematics thing that Big Dog pointed out earlier has been responsible for me taking a LOT of damage. I see a big monster approaching in a cinematic...then he rears back to attack me...and then he sends me flying, because I didn't realize the cinematic had ended. AND I LOVE IT.

Excellent game. Two hundred trillion out of 10. Or a nine out of 10. I haven't decided, but one of those.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,070. Posted:

Stuck on Ridley now....HALP! lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,071. Posted:

I'm playing at about the same rate as you Chicken, so don't feel too bad. =) I also probably won't have time to play it again until Friday, which sucks (i don't want to play unless i know i have at least an hour or two of uninterrupted time available). At least it's Labor Day weekend, so the office is closed on Monday!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,072. Posted:

And that's all she wrote, folks! I've beaten Other M already. I'm going to have to go back and re-watch the last cutscene, though, because while it was running my DVR turned on and started recording (Psych), so by the time I used another cable to get the AV cables hooked up directly to the TV, the credits were already rolling. This game was absolutely amazing and well worth waiting for. It might not be a reviewer's wet dream, but I could care less, because I loved it. All that's left to do now is to grab all the pick-ups, which should keep me playing for at least another day considering how tough some of them are to find and/or get to...

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Excellent game. Two hundred trillion out of 10. Or a nine out of 10. I haven't decided, but one of those.

It's definitely the former, CB...

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Stuck on Ridley now....HALP! lol

The fight with Ridley is pretty straightforward, just dodge his hits and nail him with a charged Plasma Beam shot after you evade. Also, when he turns black you have to blast him with a missile (or Super Missile, not sure). And whatever you do, do not let him catch you when he rushes you or he'll do that attack where he scrapes you along the wall, which, of course, does a lot of damage...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,073. Posted:

Just made it to the snowy area. Trying to beat that mechanized boss :P

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,074. Posted:

Hard for me to tell which bosses are subs and which ones are majors. xD
I'm guessing that lava creature thing was a major boss, Ridley is definitely one of them. I'm just gonna add the tank thing too...just because its big. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,075. Posted:

i also beat it today. i was looking forward to this a lot, but i wasn't expecting it to challenge super metroid as my favorite. other m's not as perfect and, effective as it is, the music doesn't even close... but the gameplay is so much fun.

Metroid_Fan wrote:

So, I've got a question: any of you guys have the power bombs yet?

it's really hard to answer without spoiling, but i will say that you never really get authorized to use them...

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

Oooh are we talking about samus' hot a**?

you knew it'd come to this sooner or later. it's definitely pushing the sexualization, but i wouldn't say it crosses the line. it's hard to say that giving her a strong butt is really any worse than showing her in her underwear constantly as a reward for beating the game.
Untitled

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,076. Posted:

Going through the different sectors to find all the pick-ups; I just got done with Sector 2, now on to Sector 1...

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

1,077. Posted:

Im gonna get these game, I acually don't care that adam let or not let samus to use weapons, I preffer that as a stupid history that samus lost ALL his powers AGAIN!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

Mono05

1,078. Posted:

Stuck at (giant spoiler). I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

thank you for not spoiling the game for everyone else :3 -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Wii FC:5191-5381-0878-4626
Mario Kart Wii FC:3352-6384-5091
Tetris Party Deluxe FC: 090465065880
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Moe0521
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FC: 1935-2104-2320

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,079. Posted:

Nearing the end of the game (I think). Just got my Gravity Suit. You're really a walking arsenal by the end of this game.
And now, brace yourself for a

MEGA SPOILER ALERT!!!!
I was kind of disappointed by the Samus/Adam relationship. I think they could have done a lot more with that, and I can't believe he killed the little genetically modified Metroid baby. But what's more surprising is that Samus was going to kill it first...wait. He shot Samus because he said "I can't let you destroy those Metroids"...but he shot the Metroid...so...what? And can somebody explain why he went in the Sector Zero Metroid room thingy and deployed it into space? I couldn't really keep up with that scene.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,080. Posted:

oh my god. just finished 100%... the end is so worth it. the final boss is a shock.

by the way, if you haven't played yet skip this post.

Kid_A wrote:

MEGA SPOILER ALERT!!!!
I can't believe he killed the little genetically modified Metroid baby. But what's more surprising is that Samus was going to kill it first...wait.

samus took the risk of saving the baby metroid last time and it backfired and cost the lives of a bunch of scientists and nearly rebooted the space pirate's metroid cloning program. the fact that she was prepared to shoot it meant that she had learned her lesson that there's no safe way to keep metroids alive.

Kid_A wrote:

He shot Samus because he said "I can't let you destroy those Metroids"...but he shot the Metroid...so...what? And can somebody explain why he went in the Sector Zero Metroid room thingy and deployed it into space? I couldn't really keep up with that scene.

samus was determined to destroy the metroids herself, but with her weapons there was no way she could fight them. regardless, she never would have let adam sacrifice himself to take them out even though it was the only way, which is why he stunned her so that she wouldn't interfere and get herself killed.

the cloning sector was set to jettison and self destruct as a fail-safe in the event that the lab became too damaged to safely contain the metroids, which adam exploited to destroy the sector.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174