Forums

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,742

Deviant_Mugen

Super Missiles work like they do in the Prime trilogy: you have to charge them, they don't have their own inventory slot and you use up 5 missiles per shot...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

NotEnoughGolds

Odnetnin wrote:

You sir are a lifesaver.

Diagonal shinespark shouldn't be required.
It's useful for a no-grapple beam run, but other than that...

You should post these questions in the VC thread since I check that, like, every day and I've done about 7 runs of this game now (The last one was a 1:15 run with no grapple beam). And I hate seeing that thread sinking down the page.

NotEnoughGolds

Kid_A

Metroid_Fan wrote:

So, I've got a question: any of you guys have the power bombs yet? I'm at (what I assume is) the final boss, and the power bombs would definitely come in handy (actually, they're probably required), the problem is that Samus hasn't had them authorized yet, so I keep dying... =|

@Chrono: You're authorized to use them when you get to a certain point...

Hrm...I don't have them yet, but I hear there's a big side mission at the end of the game. Maybe you unlock them after that?
I would say that they might be a pick-up and not an authorization, but seeing as you had them during the tutorial that seems unlikely.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Chrono_Cross

I`m in Sector 2 and I`m at a wall that needs Super Missiles to progress. Is there an alternate route or should I just go back?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Deviant_Mugen

@Kid_A: Well, then I guess I'll have to forfeit this battle for the time being and look around some more...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Kid_A

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Kid_A: Well, then I guess I'll have to forfeit this battle for the time being and look around some more...

Might be a waste of time. I just checked IGN Guides, and just scrolling through the Contents, the Power Bomb is listed under the Epilogue. There must be a different way of beating that boss.

Adam

Since getting the speed booster and shinespark, my enjoyment of this game has at least sextupled.

Speaking of sextupling, Romulux, I'm sure everyone has noticed Samus's refined posterior. I simply prefer to appreciate it alone and in silence.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Deviant_Mugen

@Kid_A: Well, it's a bit late for that, since I already gave up on the fight. I guess I'll have to re-do it, only without losing too much life this time around...

Kid_A

@Adam
Agreed...on both accounts.

Deviant_Mugen

@Adam: Huh? I wasn't the one that made the butt remark, sir, it was romulux (though it is quite nice)...

Also, Samus looked particularly good during a certain late-game flashback (where she has the short ponytail)...

Adam

My bad. You Metroid fans all look the same to me.

Come on, friends,

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Oooh are we talking about samus' hot a**?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Adam

Of course that would be the first time you contribute to the conversation.

Come on, friends,

Deviant_Mugen

Damn it, still the same result as last time (Game Over), even though this time around I have six energy tanks to spare... >=[

Philip_J_Reed

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Anyway I'm only played for about 45 minutes and just reached sector 1 (I keep stopping to explore every room because I'm crazy). Definitely having fun so far. Chicken, you might finish this game before I do, since I will be in Vegas next week.

We'll see. I spent an embarrassingly long time chasing a red herring tonight. (At least, I think so.) [Intentionally mild spoilers follow for a section of the game that nearly all of you passed about an hour after you started playing...] I was in that room in Sector 1 with the big terrarium set in the wall. I noticed a hole blown in the glass, which wasn't there before (that I noticed) so I rolled in and explored. While exploring, I heard a certain tell-tale nibbling sound that I remembered from an earlier forced-first-person Where's-Waldo puzzle, so I kept walking in circles for about 10 minutes or more, switching perspectives back and forth, trying to find the little critter who made the noise the first time I heard it.

I never found him. Either I'm awful at locating him, or there's nothing there and I'm making myself crazy. If it's the latter--and it probably is, I admit--then I wonder why they put that nibbling sound in there, and made it so it gets louder or softer depending upon your distance from the "source." Especially since the source doesn't seem to be visible...?

Ah well.

I am loving this game. I've fought a whole slew of bosses so far. Or mini bosses. I have no idea. I love them. The sleeping monster was a great touch. It's lovely to find stuff like that, realize you'll have to fight him in a moment's time, and you have just a little relaxation period in which to catch your breath and say, "Aw, crap."

Plenty of seat-jumping moments, too. And the whole sliding in and out of cinematics thing that Big Dog pointed out earlier has been responsible for me taking a LOT of damage. I see a big monster approaching in a cinematic...then he rears back to attack me...and then he sends me flying, because I didn't realize the cinematic had ended. AND I LOVE IT.

Excellent game. Two hundred trillion out of 10. Or a nine out of 10. I haven't decided, but one of those.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Stuck on Ridley now....HALP! lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

the_shpydar

I'm playing at about the same rate as you Chicken, so don't feel too bad. =) I also probably won't have time to play it again until Friday, which sucks (i don't want to play unless i know i have at least an hour or two of uninterrupted time available). At least it's Labor Day weekend, so the office is closed on Monday!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Deviant_Mugen

And that's all she wrote, folks! I've beaten Other M already. I'm going to have to go back and re-watch the last cutscene, though, because while it was running my DVR turned on and started recording (Psych), so by the time I used another cable to get the AV cables hooked up directly to the TV, the credits were already rolling. This game was absolutely amazing and well worth waiting for. It might not be a reviewer's wet dream, but I could care less, because I loved it. All that's left to do now is to grab all the pick-ups, which should keep me playing for at least another day considering how tough some of them are to find and/or get to...

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Excellent game. Two hundred trillion out of 10. Or a nine out of 10. I haven't decided, but one of those.

It's definitely the former, CB...

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Stuck on Ridley now....HALP! lol

The fight with Ridley is pretty straightforward, just dodge his hits and nail him with a charged Plasma Beam shot after you evade. Also, when he turns black you have to blast him with a missile (or Super Missile, not sure). And whatever you do, do not let him catch you when he rushes you or he'll do that attack where he scrapes you along the wall, which, of course, does a lot of damage...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic