Wii Forum

Topic: Metroid: Other M Hype/Discussion Thread (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SO BE CAREFUL)

Showing 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,041. Posted:

Well, that's local exploration. The exploration the original games are known for is in actually finding where to go on the map, too, not just finding something within a specific room. Not that I'm complaining, just noting the difference. I don't think every game has to be Super Metroid. Fusion was fun without that. In fact, we're at a point where the majority of Metroid games are fairly linear in progression, ignoring the unnecessary secrets. I like both styles, myself.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

1,042. Posted:

Anyway I'm only played for about 45 minutes and just reached sector 1 (I keep stopping to explore every room because I'm crazy). Definitely having fun so far. Chicken, you might finish this game before I do, since I will be in Vegas next week.

Edited on by theblackdragon

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,043. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

How would you guys rate it so far? And how would you rank it compared to the Other M(etroids) of the series?

Glad to have you back, Adam. You wanted Uforia, right?

So far? I would give him a 8.5 or 9, but hell, havent finished the game yet,so.

Where I would place it? Third.

Super Metroid
Prime 1
Other M
Fusion / Zero Mission
Prime 2
Prime 3
Metroid 2
Metroid 1 (sorry dude, but you're so nothing compared to the rest..)

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

AuthorMessage

romulux

1,044. Posted:

Adam wrote:

the only real complaint:: the forced-first-person sequences.

i could definitely see where reviewers were coming from on that one, however, i also think the game does give you some clues. the blood on the ground will strike you as something you should look at, the problem is just noticing it's there. the (spoiler?) federation badge on the first space pirate is also reasonable considering that you're studying it's body to figure out what it is. but yeah, they definitely should have added a slight sparkle or something to make it easier (still not as cheap as having to bomb every surface in metroid 1).

i'm also disappointed with kuniaki haishima's score, but i can see why he went that way. those ambient sounds ratchet up the anxiety early on, it's just that the effect fades and you start to miss real music. i don't think there's a single moment where i wanted to stop and pay attention to the music for a while, something i usually do with metroid. it does make you feel more like samus, so it works at what it does, but i miss kenji. at least the real orchestra is great.

also, i'm surprised nobody's mentioned the samus butt. team ninja definitely helped with her model.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,045. Posted:

I haven't had any problems with the forced first person sequences, but I can see why others might find them annoying. As its been said, two of them were pretty vague.
Since it's been brought up, I'm actually a big fan of the soundtrack. It's not the most memorable, but it really fits the mood. The orchestrated stuff is great--wait till you hear the theme during the Ridley battle.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,046. Posted:

I know this is off-topic but I've been trying to diagonal shinespark in Super Metroid for over an hour and I still can't do it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,047. Posted:

Push your button that permit to do the diagonal shot, then jump without moving, or you will do a flip jump.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,048. Posted:

Do you pick up Super Missiles or do you do it manually? I have no idea, I find this Metroid to be drastically different from any of the others.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,049. Posted:

You sir are a lifesaver.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,050. Posted:

So, I've got a question: any of you guys have the power bombs yet? I'm at (what I assume is) the final boss, and the power bombs would definitely come in handy (actually, they're probably required), the problem is that Samus hasn't had them authorized yet, so I keep dying... =|

@Chrono: You're authorized to use them when you get to a certain point...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,051. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

Do you pick up Super Missiles or do you do it manually? I have no idea, I find this Metroid to be drastically different from any of the others.

None of the Missiles in Other M are pick-ups. Once Super Missiles get authorized, they're activated by holding down the A button whilst in first person--like a charge shot. The catch is, they use up 5 missiles. Pretty nice balance actually.

AuthorMessage

Arigner

1,052. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

You sir are a lifesaver.

No prob!

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,053. Posted:

Super Missiles work like they do in the Prime trilogy: you have to charge them, they don't have their own inventory slot and you use up 5 missiles per shot...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

1,054. Posted:

Odnetnin wrote:

You sir are a lifesaver.

Diagonal shinespark shouldn't be required.
It's useful for a no-grapple beam run, but other than that...

You should post these questions in the VC thread since I check that, like, every day and I've done about 7 runs of this game now (The last one was a 1:15 run with no grapple beam). And I hate seeing that thread sinking down the page.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,055. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

So, I've got a question: any of you guys have the power bombs yet? I'm at (what I assume is) the final boss, and the power bombs would definitely come in handy (actually, they're probably required), the problem is that Samus hasn't had them authorized yet, so I keep dying... =|

@Chrono: You're authorized to use them when you get to a certain point...

Hrm...I don't have them yet, but I hear there's a big side mission at the end of the game. Maybe you unlock them after that?
I would say that they might be a pick-up and not an authorization, but seeing as you had them during the tutorial that seems unlikely.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,056. Posted:

I`m in Sector 2 and I`m at a wall that needs Super Missiles to progress. Is there an alternate route or should I just go back?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

1,057. Posted:

@Kid_A: Well, then I guess I'll have to forfeit this battle for the time being and look around some more...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,058. Posted:

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@Kid_A: Well, then I guess I'll have to forfeit this battle for the time being and look around some more...

Might be a waste of time. I just checked IGN Guides, and just scrolling through the Contents, the Power Bomb is listed under the Epilogue. There must be a different way of beating that boss.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,059. Posted:

@NEG Okay I'll do that.

On-topic: It's torture reading these comments and not playing Other M when it's sitting right in front of me. But I have to beat Super Metroid first.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,060. Posted:

Since getting the speed booster and shinespark, my enjoyment of this game has at least sextupled.

Speaking of sextupling, Romulux, I'm sure everyone has noticed Samus's refined posterior. I simply prefer to appreciate it alone and in silence.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.