Forums

Topic: Metroid "Other M" 2010

Posts 21 to 38 of 38

Chatham

KoKoO_Psy wrote:

@Chatham and Adam
Metroid always had a story, but it wasn't heavy. But my bigest grip lies in the fact that it looks like a action game. Not a adventure game. Beat em up if you will. Metroid to me, has always been about exploration, and then blasting some stuff along the way. What i was presented was not the metroid i love. I should also note, that whine Prime games were great games, they didn't feel like metroid games. and i think feel is the most important thing.

It will no doubt be a good product. But i dont think it will feel like a metroid game.

I think it's still too soon to tell. Going back to 3rd person could be the best thing to happen to the series. Just because it's Team ninja doesn't necessarily mean it will be a brawler style game.

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN N...

Adam

The first Metroid was full of enemies and action, yet it focused more on exploration than any of the games except arguably Super Metroid, but while SM was the bigger game, its secrets were significantly more obvious and the game kind of guided you in a way since you had to beat the bosses in a certain order (unless you're really good at sequence breaking, but even the term sequence breaking naturally implies that there is a sequence, which Metroid doesn't have).

I'm not worried about this. At least, I'm not worried yet.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Noire

This was so awesome. I was just thinking that Metroid needed a fresh take, and Nintendo and FREAKING Team Ninja delivered.

I hope wholeheartedly that Samus talking in the trailer extrapolates out to Samus actually being a character in her own story. That's one of the things this franchise has been severly lacking in. Metroid Fusion is one of my favorites in that we got to see a little into the person of Samus with those short monologues.

One last thing: hopefully Team Ninja doesn't make Samus into more of a sex idol then she already is in Brawl. Don't mind a little fanservice, just didn't want the entire game to be fanservicey. The movie did look like they had done that, as we only saw Samus in blue spandex for a couple of seconds.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Outrunner

Who are all those women in the trailer? Is the short-haired one a younger Samus? This is set further back in the timeline right? What with Adam being in it.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Adam

Yea, it's confusing at the end when you hear a voice saying "I am Samus Aran" and you see Samus in the suit and a young girl who looks like her, too. It's unclear where the voice came from. Perhaps the Other M refers to Samus's mother!?

Come on, friends,

Joeynator3000

"Remember me?"

No. >_> lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Outrunner

Wasn't her mother killed when she was a child?

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Noire

I thought for sure the little girl was going to say, "So am I." A little speculation: Galactic Federation has been cloning Samus to create an army of superpowered warriors. I thought that might have been the case in Hunters, where Sylux has a few Samus vibes coming from his/her person.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Adam

Yes, Samus was an orphan. They could be rebooting the series, but I don't honestly believe that to be the case. Just random baseless speculation.

Also, yea, I don't remember that guy who says "Remember me?" either. I don't suppose he is Houston from that goofy Nintendo Power Metroid comic? I forget what Houston looked like, or if they even showed him beneath the suit. While it would be hilarious to see him in a game, it seems like an odd part of the trailer that is otherwise quite dark.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

SonicMaster

The title sounds weird to me. Other M?

SonicMaster

Outrunner

Lol you're more informed in Metroid lore than I am. I think I remembered that from Zero Mission. Not sure if I read the manga.

Rapadash6

I had mixed feeling about this after I saw the trailer. On one hand you have Team Ninja developing, which could go either way but on the other hand, it IS a Metroid game. However once I heard that Team Ninja isn't merely acting as developer but working in a true collaboration with Nintendo's R&D1 staff, the original Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion team, all my worries kind dissipated. Sure, there are still a lot of questions and concerns but this project really is in more than capable hands.

One thing I noticed from the footage and stills released from this game, is the use of a more primary color pallet that gives it a look that is very reminisent of the 16-Bit Metroid games. In the Prime series, while awesome on it's own merits, the games were very earth tone in nature and it kind of took some of the original charm of the earlier games, in my opinion. This new Metroid seems almost like what the series would've become had Nintendo NOT decided to outsource Metroid to another developer to begin with. Definately looking foward to this one.

Edited on by Rapadash6

Future Wii purchases:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid: Other M
Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Sin and Punishment 2

greyelephant

Some of the moves looked great. I loved the grabbing of the head and shooting move. Looked great. I'm hesitant to play after the MP series, but I'll give it a shot.

Mario Kart code, 4854 6869 0410 "Tim"
Animal Crossings City Folk Code:1119-1011-8429 , Name: Emily, Town: Peachy

Adam

Rapadash6 wrote:

However once I heard that Team Ninja isn't merely acting as developer but working in a true collaboration with Nintendo's R&D1 staff, the original Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion team, all my worries kind dissipated.

Really? Awesome news. Where'd you learn this?

Rapadash6 wrote:

One thing I noticed from the footage and stills released from this game, is the use of a more primary color pallet that gives it a look that is very reminisent of the 16-Bit Metroid games.

Yes. That was the first thing I noticed, perhaps even before it struck me that it was third-person. I do love how colorful SNES and GBA games tended to be. I wish more 3D games would pick up on that.

Come on, friends,

Ho11oWxxMaN

I know that somebody stated earlier, that Other M is "not" Metroid. They have an extremely valid point, because watching the trailer, I too was thinking..."hm...how is this going to turn out?" To be honest though, after 3 Prime games (can't wait to get my hands on that Trilogy!), I think some new game mechanics would be refreshing.

Ho11oWxxMaN

Adam

I don't see how it's valid at all. We barely know anything about the game. That's just someone jumping to conclusions.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.