Forums

Topic: Link's New Sword?

Posts 21 to 34 of 34

J-Man

Would love to see Dark Link as a villian.

J-Man

SonicMaster

You know who would be awesome as the main villain? Mr. T. I can just imagine the final boss battle- "You're dead meat, sucka!"

SonicMaster

MuljoStpho

J-Man wrote:

Sorry bout that. I get the names mixed up. OK maybe it isn't Nayru then. Now I feel pretty dumb. Considering that I played the games for years and still get them mixed up.

I sometimes have to stop and think about it too. I can remember that Din is associated with the Triforce of Power, fire, and the color red without thinking about it. But for whatever reason I used to always have to start with some other detail and work my way around to the names of the others somehow. It's easy now, since TP gives us the region names so we can just go "Oh, forest -> Faron Woods -> Farore is the Goddess of Courage." But based on just the info from OoT I used to have to first remember that the Nayru spell was some sort of healing spell... so I can associate that with water and the color blue... which means that I can associate it with Wisdom because that's Zelda's color. (Or something along those lines. It's a process that takes a series of odd connections that might not make sense to people who don't follow the series so closely.)

Edited on by MuljoStpho

MuljoStpho

J-Man

Here is my idea for the next Zelda villian. What if Dark Link was pulled from the Twilight Realm and escaped. Because I never understood the meaning of the four Dark Links. Are they leading us onto something?

J-Man

MuljoStpho

Wait, are you referring to that trippy cutscene from TP that uses images of Link / Dark Link to symbolically represent the origin story being told in the scene? Yeah, that was all just for show. They were talking about how the ancestors of the Twili tried to make their claim to power and got exiled by the gods. Link and Ilia in that vision were just stand-ins for the innocent bystanders in the story, and the Dark Links in the vision were just stand-ins for the "interlopers" (as the story refers to the evil Twili ancestors). Dark Link has nothing to do with the Twili. He is a creation made by Ganon's dark magic to hassle Link. (Especially in FSA. The Dark Links in that game were sent by Ganon to trick Link into freeing Vaati and to stand in his way to keep him distracted long enough for Ganon to find what he was looking for (Trident of Power)).

MuljoStpho

SonicMaster

Maybe the next game will be good and less, "Not mah thang."

SonicMaster

Machu

I'm hoping, due to the addition of motion+, that Link has the Master Sword stolen or lost (or turned into a girl). Your then able to pick up whatever you want and use it as a weapon. A deku stick, a hammer, wooden sword from the shop, better sword form a different shop, heavy sword from the mountains, and so on, just make everything have a value, and make rupees more integral again. right, i need 3000 rupees for that sweet blade, i shall return. Mini dungeons could have ancient weapons concealed, which you can use once you've found them. Hey, if you bag the silver gauntlets you could even rip up street signs or columns and start swinging.

The Master Sword could be re-attained just before the final dungeon, so you can smite evil with it's shiny new powers (ergh, that it got from somewhere).

Rawr!

J-Man

MuljoStpho wrote:

Wait, are you referring to that trippy cutscene from TP that uses images of Link / Dark Link to symbolically represent the origin story being told in the scene? Yeah, that was all just for show. They were talking about how the ancestors of the Twili tried to make their claim to power and got exiled by the gods. Link and Ilia in that vision were just stand-ins for the innocent bystanders in the story, and the Dark Links in the vision were just stand-ins for the "interlopers" (as the story refers to the evil Twili ancestors). Dark Link has nothing to do with the Twili. He is a creation made by Ganon's dark magic to hassle Link. (Especially in FSA. The Dark Links in that game were sent by Ganon to trick Link into freeing Vaati and to stand in his way to keep him distracted long enough for Ganon to find what he was looking for (Trident of Power)).

I understood that part but I wonder why they would use that reference for the story instead of the real thing. That is what my question is. Are they planning something for those characters?

J-Man

bonii

When Hyrule was created didn't the 3 goddesses create the Master Sword? If they did it could be like the spirit of the Master Sword or something. I'm not too sure.

Wii Friend Code: 1952230824435541
Brawl: 176293745101
MVD MMA: 412526265595

MuljoStpho

J-Man wrote:

I understood that part but I wonder why they would use that reference for the story instead of the real thing. That is what my question is. Are they planning something for those characters?

Too much work for one cutscene, maybe? I mean, they're still overloading the Goron and Zora with useless NPCs instead of creating actual characters with unique personalities like in MM. The only Twili we see in TP besides Midna and Zant don't even say anything after you cure them from whatever spell Zant had cast on them. They just moan a bit if you walk too close to them. And you're asking why Nintendo didn't want to create the actual characters that would have been involved in one moment in ancient history?

Another thing to consider... What exactly were the Twili before they became the Twili? Were they a separate race from the Hylians even back then, like how Gerudo and Sheikah are separate races? Or when Midna talks about how the Twilight Realm transformed her people, does this mean that they were once Hylians themselves and their rebellion was more of a political / religious movement? I say it's the second one, and that's why their story was told symbolically with in-game characters like that.

bonii wrote:

When Hyrule was created didn't the 3 goddesses create the Master Sword? If they did it could be like the spirit of the Master Sword or something. I'm not too sure.

Didn't LttP's backstory say that it was forged by Hylians? I'm pretty sure it was stated in TP that the Ooca built most of the ancient structures around Hyrule though, including the Temple of Time, which we know to be pretty closely tied to the Master Sword.

MuljoStpho

J-Man

There was only one Sheikah left in Twilight Princess. An old lady in an abandoned village. It was said that the Sheikah was betrayed by the royal family. They're eye symbol had a tear on it after that event. Just like Sheiks outfit.

J-Man

SMEXIZELDAMAN

The girl is going to be the sword or the spirit of the sword of something else. OR they could be pretending to say shes the sword so then we think its the sword then shes not and we go "OH SNAP" didnt see that one comin'! or they know ill think that so she might really be the sword and they say she is so we thin kshes not but she is

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

J-Man

Clever little brain twister but I get what your saying.

J-Man

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.