Forums

Topic: Kirby's Epic Yarn Rated the Worst Game of the Year by Entertainment Weekly

Posts 81 to 89 of 89

Philip_J_Reed

Look forward to my upcoming retraction of the 1/10 Fireplacing review. It was actually a masterpiece, and I just wanted attention.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Kid_A

ballkirby1 wrote:

I just got this issue in the mail, and it is HILARIOUS. They gave DKC 5th best game of the year, and they said "In a jungle of video games ruled by Mario and Lego, comes a new reign, and his name is Kong." Like they didn't know there were any DK games made before that were top sellers. Then they go on and say, "This reboot of an arcade classic" because apparently they only thought Donkey Kong was an arcade game. Oh yeah, and Epic Yarn and Other M are apparently worse then Kung-Fu Rider which was their 3rd worst game of the year.

Good lord...so much wrongness. I can see how Epic Yarn isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea but I genuinely don't understand how anyone could call it one of the worst games of the year. It's an undeniably well-crafted game. No, it's not challenging, but I think it's rather ignorant to assert that all games have to be challenging. In fact, I think it's rather ignorant to assert that all games have to be anything other than compelling experiences.

As for Other M, well, I loved it personally but I totally get why some were severely disappointed by it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Philip_J_Reed

Kid_A wrote:

I can see how Epic Yarn isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea but I genuinely don't understand how anyone could call it one of the worst games of the year. It's an undeniably well-crafted game. No, it's not challenging, but I think it's rather ignorant to assert that all games have to be challenging. In fact, I think it's rather ignorant to assert that all games have to be anything other than compelling experiences.

As for Other M, well, I loved it personally but I totally get why some were severely disappointed by it.

Listen to this dude. He knows what he's talking about.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Luffymcduck

So if Kirby is the worst... then the best is something created by gods, eh? Red Dead Redemption is good though. But calling Kirby the worst? What about showelware?

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

SoulSilverIV

And this game isn't even out here yet...

"Haha, not all dragons are Dragon-type Pokémon!"

~Lance, Pokémon Masters, 2020

TeeJay

They choose a cutsey game as worst game of the year and then a bloody violent game as the best. ....No comment. (Besides that this is proof about what the world is coming to...)

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

HouseofBees

I'm not up on all aspects of American culture, but I'm aware that Entertainment Weekly probably isn't reliable for, er, anything. This centres around a poorly-judged snobbishness around Nintendo gaming that has appeared recently, games appearing to shift closer to films. Red Dead Redemption may be good, but it's no more legitimate as a game than Epic Yarn. If people could drop their insecurities about playing good games without, shockingly, dark colour palettes, then they would see the innnovation that goes into some of them. Games should be about invention.

This made me chuckle, though.

ballkirby1 wrote:

They gave DKC 5th best game of the year, and they said "In a jungle of video games ruled by Mario and Lego, comes a new reign, and his name is Kong." Like they didn't know there were any DK games made before that were top sellers. Then they go on and say, "This reboot of an arcade classic" because apparently they only thought Donkey Kong was an arcade game. Oh yeah, and Epic Yarn and Other M are apparently worse then Kung-Fu Rider which was their 3rd worst game of the year.

HouseofBees

LEGEND_MARIOID

Metacritic and I DISAGREE

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.