Forums

Topic: Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection!

Posts 201 to 220 of 222

TheDreamingHawk

Shut the wii's power off during the game.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

MagicBox

I'm afraid that doesn't work, though. Like you (and I) said, I can normally just shut the Wii off with my Virtual Console games and they'll reset when I re-enter them.

But with Kirby's Dream Collection, I try the same thing and it won't work. I shut the Wii's power off during the game without opening the "Home" menu or anything, and no matter what I do, it still creates a restore point.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

TheDreamingHawk

I guess there is no way to do it then. Maybe CD-streaming? (Removing the game disk and then putting it back in over and over to shut the system off) I wouldn't recomend it.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Henmii

I find it worrying that Europe still doesn't have a release-date!

On a side-note: We Europeans still don't have Sakura Samurai, and there is still no date for Paper Mario: Sticker star (I guess it gets pushed to 2013, just as Luigi's mansion 2! Yeah, it is called Luigi's mansion 2 now in Europe. It seems they have dropped the "Dark moon" subtitle!).

Henmii

MagicBox

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I guess there is no way to do it then.

I experimented with it a little more, and it appears it's impossible to completely reset a game once you've started it. Kirby's Adventure appears to be the same as Dream Land, so I would assume it's like this for all the titles except for Crystal Shards.

So basically, enjoy those opening cutscenes while you can, because apparently you can only view the game's original start-up sequence once before the game automatically puts restore points everywhere. In Kirby's Adventure, for example, the game opens with a little "how to draw Kirby" video. Since you can't completely reset the game at all, be prepared to press A+B+Start+Select and wait at the title screen for a little while if you ever want to see that cinematic again.

Hopefully someone else can fiddle around with their copy of the game and prove me wrong.

Lunapplebloom

@MagicBox Have you tried the reset button when you hit the home button on the Wii Remote?

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Sonicmon

Happy_Mask wrote:

MR-SEGA wrote:

@Emaan i hope not i dont like dissappointment thats why i hate mario now

I fixed your statement. >:3

>:3 i fixed mine agian >:3

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

MagicBox

Applejacklove wrote:

@MagicBox Have you tried the reset button when you hit the home button on the Wii Remote?

Yeah. Here are all of the things I've tried.

• Turning the system off in mid-game without pressing the "Home" button or pausing: still creates a restore point.
  • Pressing the "Home" button and returning to the Wii Menu: still creates a restore point.
  • Pressing the "Home" button and hitting the "Reset" option: takes me back to the Dream Collection main menu, but still creates a restore point.

Holding down Start+Select+A+B (or the Plus, Minus, 1, and 2 buttons on the Wii Remote) brings any particular game back to the title screen, but it doesn't actually re-boot the software. So basically, once you've viewed the game's boot-up sequence for the first time, it's impossible to view it again. And like I said, that makes it very trickly for those who enjoy opening cutscenes to view them more than once.

I was kind of hoping the review on the main site would mention this, since (I believe, at least) it's sort of a big problem.

On another note, I noticed that if you hold down Start+Select+A+B on Kirby's Dream Land, it removes the pink border around the game. If you hold the button combination again, the pink border returns. Not sure if it works with the other titles; it didn't work on Kirby's Adventure when I tried it.

EDIT: Update! Thanks to some members from another forum, I now know how to fully re-boot the games.

• Start + Select controls the pink/blue borders for every game.
  • Start + Select + 1 + 2 brings the NES and Game Boy games back to their title screens.
  • A + B + 1 + 2 fully re-boots the game you're currently in.

Using the Wii Remote, of course. But it's nice to have that problem solved! I still wish Nintendo would have given us the option to turn restore points off (especially when five of the six games in this collection already automatically save your progress), but as long as we're able to somehow reset the games as intended, I'm groovy.

Edited on by MagicBox

Firejonie

Anyone who is trying to 100% complete Kirby's Dream Land 3 in this collection, here's some information. Beating the game and getting all the heart stars only get your file to 97%. You need to finish three extra mini games, 1% each, which are either hard or luck based.

Mini game 1. Boss Butch - Beating all the bosses with one health bar and no health refills is crazy hard
Mini Game 2. Super NES MG5 - These are those luck based games in the main game, but you have to beat them all in a row. Which can take some serious luck since you have to perfect them all.
Mini Game 3. It's just the end level mini game, but you need to jump to avoid getting hurt.

The first two made me give up on completing the game once I reached 97%.

Firejonie

Final-Starman

I don't care what anyone says, Kirby has the Best Six-Pack Ever.

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

e-love

A question:

I noticed there's borders around the games when you play them. Does that apply to non-wide screen TV's as well?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Knux

I really love this collection, and it absolutely makes that Mario collection look like cr*p. I played only Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Adventure so far, but I love the presentation on my widescreen HDTV.

Knux

e-love

Again, my Wii is set up on a small non-wide screen CRTV. Will the borders still apply to the game screen? Anyone have this game and not play it on an HD TV to tell me?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Tasuki

Knux wrote:

I really love this collection, and it absolutely makes that Mario collection look like cr*p.

I agree with that. The thing I wonder why couldnt they have all the videos particularly the ones that discussed the games for the Mario collection like they did in Kirby? If Mario is suppose to be Nintendo's main man I can't help but feel that he got shafted on his Anniversary.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

Tasuki wrote:

Knux wrote:

I really love this collection, and it absolutely makes that Mario collection look like cr*p.

I agree with that. The thing I wonder why couldnt they have all the videos particularly the ones that discussed the games for the Mario collection like they did in Kirby? If Mario is suppose to be Nintendo's main man I can't help but feel that he got shafted on his Anniversary.

I'd guess they didn't have the time to do anything cool for the Mario one, and then Nintendo noticed that people noticed how lazy it was and didn't do that again.

also it's been proven that almost anything with Mario will sell regardless, Kirby isn't at that level of popularity

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Wheels2050

Any word on a PAL release for this? I'd be willing to pick it up ASAP if it comes out, but the best I've seen so far is "TBA 2012".

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

KirbyMarioFan

It's a shame this never sold in the UK

KirbyMarioFan

Rockman

Too bad indeed.. I got a copy from the us..

8-Bit 4-Ever!!

AccessibleDaydream

Emaan wrote:

Again, my Wii is set up on a small non-wide screen CRTV. Will the borders still apply to the game screen? Anyone have this game and not play it on an HD TV to tell me?

On a non-widescreen TV, the following is changed from when playing on a widescreen TV:

• Title Screen, main menu, Kirby history, and New Challenge Stages all have a standard widescreen black border on top and bottom
  • GB games have same pink borders that they normally have, while SNES and N64 Games have no visible borders whatsoever

I hope this helped you.

Edited on by AccessibleDaydream

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.