Forums

Topic: I've got a question about the monkeys n Twilight Princess...

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

Kid_A

What is the point of those guys? I've played through the game four times, and I'm doing a 5th playthrough now, and I still just do not understand what bearing they have on the plot. In the beginning of the game you hear everyone complain about pesky monkeys, and when you're a wolf collecting tears of light in the forest you talk to the monkey and he says something about the 'boss' having something to do with all the monsters in the forest? I think? I have no idea. Can someone explain the significance of these guys?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

theblackdragon

they have about as much 'point' as the bird-people of the City in the Sky, IMO. They're just another part of the game.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

You have to swing over stuff. Monkeys swing. They help.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Kid_A

Odnetnin wrote:

Eji Aonuma thinks monkeys are sacred deities, and no one has the heart to correct him.

Poor little guy.

No, it's just weird because the whole plot for the first hour involves these darned monkeys, and then...nothing.

Kid_A

irken004 wrote:

Aren't they Baboons?

Nah, the mid-temple boss is a Baboon, but the rest are just monkeys.

MuljoStpho

Their "boss" (the baboon) was infected and acting strange. That's all they were on about. They help you through the dungeon so that you can help them by figuring out what's wrong with him.

MuljoStpho

Trevor_Fox

I think the problem here is not being able to talk to the monkeys as Human Link. In Majora's Mask, the monkeys only had a role for the first temple, and then nothing. However, you could talk to the monkeys in that game regardless of whether you were a human or not. In this game, you can't talk to the monkeys as a human, so even though you're continously helping these guys out, there is no dialogue, which gives less closure to the end of the monkey story. It's there, you just have to interpret it for yourself.

Edited on by Trevor_Fox

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

RandomWiiPlayer

MuljoStpho wrote:

Their "boss" (the baboon) was infected and acting strange. That's all they were on about. They help you through the dungeon so that you can help them by figuring out what's wrong with him.

He wasn't really infected. Didn't he have a bug up his arse?

The Game.

Kid_A

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MuljoStpho wrote:

I thought it was one of those Twilight bugs--the ones that you have to kill to get the tears of light in the dark relm. That's what it looked like anyway, and the boomerang he had was all dark and twilight-y. But thanks for the explination, that makes more sense now.

RandomWiiPlayer

Kid_A wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MuljoStpho wrote:

I thought it was one of those Twilight bugs--the ones that you have to kill to get the tears of light in the dark relm. That's what it looked like anyway, and the boomerang he had was all dark and twilight-y. But thanks for the explination, that makes more sense now.

It couldn't have been. You can only see the Twilight Bugs while using the wolf senses, but you aren't a wolf yet when the baboon fight comes up. It had to be a regular bug.

The Game.

Kid_A

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MuljoStpho wrote:

It couldn't have been. You can only see the Twilight Bugs while using the wolf senses, but you aren't a wolf yet when the baboon fight comes up. It had to be a regular bug.

I just cleared the Eldin province of Twilight, and when you're in that Shaman's house one of the kids mentions how she saw some of those Twilight bugs in the basement. So...I'm not really sure. If the kid could see them then...well I don't know.

RandomWiiPlayer

Kid_A wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MuljoStpho wrote:

I just cleared the Eldin province of Twilight, and when you're in that Shaman's house one of the kids mentions how she saw some of those Twilight bugs in the basement. So...I'm not really sure. If the kid could see them then...well I don't know.

Was that when they were ghosts?

The Game.

Kid_A

Yeah

EDIT: Hey you know what I realized? The bugs become visible once you kill them--for those couple of seconds where they're sort of wiggling on the ground in pain. So I think there was one of those bugs infecting the monkey's rear, but you couldn't see it until you killed it.

(but of course that brings up the question, if there was still another twilight bug in the forest region how did the place become expelled of twilight? Because you're supposed to kill all the bugs in order to restore light to the area)

Edited on by Kid_A

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.