Forums

Topic: Isn't it Ironic?

Posts 141 to 160 of 160

T_Neumann

Isn't it ironic that Heavy Rain for the PS3 was supposed to be an interactive experience never felt before, more then just a game and far more then just cut scenes you interact with by pressing buttons.
But instead it turns out to be nothing but an interactive movie, not really a game at all and restricted to selecting dialogue options and interacting with cut scenes by just pressing buttons with no skill involved?

T_Neumann

Noire

Reala wrote:

I take my fingers from my nostrils to block my drooling instead, but now the desks all bogeyish, the irony of it all is so tangable I can taste it

Your boogers taste irony? That sounds like a personal problem or something...

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

CanisWolfred

T_Neumann wrote:

Isn't it ironic that Heavy Rain for the PS3 was supposed to be an interactive experience never felt before, more then just a game and far more then just cut scenes you interact with by pressing buttons.
But instead it turns out to be nothing but an interactive movie, not really a game at all and restricted to selecting dialogue options and interacting with cut scenes by just pressing buttons with no skill involved?

Not really. In fact, judging from the description, I'm not sure how you interpreted it to be a "game" in any sense of the word. It's not a game, it's an "experience", and they don't want to ruin that experience with a game over screen.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RandomWiiPlayer

A lot of you people fail at irony.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

jangonov

Sony "Rumble is so last-gen, Gamers don't want rumble anymore"........Dualshock 3

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

Starscream

Isnt it ironic when the first controller that I cared about having rumble was the wimote for feedback purposes.

I thought star fox 64 rumble was a joke sandwhich with no bread.

More than meets the eye!

Percentful

Starscream wrote:

Isnt it ironic when the first controller that I cared about having rumble was the wimote for feedback purposes.

I thought star fox 64 rumble was a joke sandwhich with no bread.

How is that ironic?

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

pikku

that Disney's first color film was Snow White

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

ShinRPGGamer

is it not ironic that nintendo keeps hyping up the wiiware yet the VC is out selling them

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Starscream

Isn't it ironic that people would rather download old games that have a physical media than the new ones that don't?

More than meets the eye!

Bankai

Starscream wrote:

Isn't it ironic that people would rather download old games that have a physical media than the new ones that don't?

No, it's not ironic at all.

It's also not funny, strange, confusing, or weird. 90% of the VC games cannot be played on the Wii. People would like to play them on the Wii.

RandomWiiPlayer

I said it once, I'll say it again.

A lot, a lot, of you people FAIL at irony.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

jangonov

yes, that was their real reason, but they actually said that rumble is "last-gen" and that it didn't matter that they took it out, since it was never a big deal.

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

It ironic to pay for something as a digital alternative to something as durable and common as videogame carts. Just look at the top downlodas - Zelda and Marios. With million of carts in circulation, many for less than the price of the uncertain user fee. Dont people collect games anymore? Cause it is maybe ironic to buy a game you already have?

I guess the irony gets even greater when I see people post they want VC for DS as well. Buy the same games again and again and again? Not being critical, I just do not understand

Maybe when the digital games out sell their retail ghost we will have a further layer of irony - but Nintendo keeps those numbers a secret to everybody.

So that is pretty ironic when old games can outsell new games and yet supposedly new gaming is the cats pajamas. Good grief with all the retro revival going on and NSMBW selling like 5 million plus copies I guess that maybe it is time to bring old skool gaming back to retail shelves???? Obviously ppl love it.

Super Mario Brothers - how many times has it been released and rereleased and how many copies has each iteration sold? No experiation date on Mario seems like.

More than meets the eye!

LzWinky

@Starscream: It's simple: Nintendo will support the Wii longer than the older systems now. A couple of years ago they completely stopped supporting the NES.

Also, even though millions of carts are made, not everyone owns the old systems that play them. And the carts themselves are not guaranteed to last long.
It is therefore not ironic at all

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ItsFuzzyPickles

Isn't it ironic that on July, 2009 with the VC-no show for two weeks that I made a petition over that, yet there isn't any VC games this week and I'm not complaining?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Vendetta

These guys know their irony:
[youtube:ihMDLCS27gM]

(Pardon the "chipmunks" version, it's the only one with video I could find.)

Vendetta

Percentful

Starscream wrote:

It ironic to pay for something as a digital alternative to something as durable and common as videogame carts. Just look at the top downlodas - Zelda and Marios. With million of carts in circulation, many for less than the price of the uncertain user fee. Dont people collect games anymore? Cause it is maybe ironic to buy a game you already have?

I guess the irony gets even greater when I see people post they want VC for DS as well. Buy the same games again and again and again? Not being critical, I just do not understand

Maybe when the digital games out sell their retail ghost we will have a further layer of irony - but Nintendo keeps those numbers a secret to everybody.

So that is pretty ironic when old games can outsell new games and yet supposedly new gaming is the cats pajamas. Good grief with all the retro revival going on and NSMBW selling like 5 million plus copies I guess that maybe it is time to bring old skool gaming back to retail shelves???? Obviously ppl love it.

Super Mario Brothers - how many times has it been released and rereleased and how many copies has each iteration sold? No experiation date on Mario seems like.

a) your logic fails. Not everyone has the old systems to play the cartridges, the cartridges don't always last long, and having them on a wii is more convenient. Also, you obviously don't take into consideration that manufacturing games takes money. Can you imagine how much it might cost to re-produce all those old games, and how many more systems would have to be made? It's a much better idea to have them digitally available.
b) even if your logic didn't fail, that still wouldn't be ironic.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.