Forums

Topic: Is Nintendo going to show mostly just casual games at E3 2009?

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

Knux

Why do I get this horrible feeling that Nintendo is just mainly going to show more casual games at E3 2009? I feel like we will see shovelware like Wii Fit Plus and Wii Dentist a lot more,rather then hardcore games like Mario,Zelda,Pikmin 3,and etc.? I hope I'm wrong though.

Knux

SepticLemon

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Why do I get this horrible feeling that Nintendo is just mainly going to show more casual games at E3 2009?

And Casual Game are bad because?

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I feel like we will see shovelware like Wii Fit Plus and Wii Dentist a lot more,

If you had shares with Nintendo, you wouldn't be whining because they sell big time.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

rather then hardcore games like Mario,Zelda,Pikmin 3,and etc.? I hope I'm wrong though.

Pikmin 3 is bound to appear, but please, they're not "Hardcore" games, they're popular Nintendo Franchises, besides you got games like PunchOut!!! to look forward to along side this "other" title that they're talking about. There's another Zelda in the Works with Spirits Tracks, and I have a feeling that there might be a new Mario DS game in the works too.

SepticLemon

Twitter:

retired_account

Let's all just wait and see. Nintendo is being very low key about what will be unveiled this year at E3. However, Iwata said something big will be released, and Ninty has told retailers to reserve shelf space. Last year was really bland, and they'll want to rectify that this year. I imagine they'll announce Pikmin 3 or Kid Icarus.

Edited on by Nanaki

retired_account

Party_On_Dude

The only thing I can seriously hope for, if it happens or not, is a Zelda Wii announcement; like a teaser trailer back when Miyamoto came out & revealed Twilight Princess in 2004! If not maybe he'll just talk about in an interview & say something like the Zelda teams have something but don't want to reveal it, being its still in a developing stage! Same can go for a Super Mario Galaxy sequel!
The only thing I can guarantee that might possibly happen is they reveal more games in the Wii Sports Resort package with Motion Plus & a price on the bundle... that is an almost most definately 100% gaurenteed to be showed at this year's E309! I could be wrong though!
Also more on Zelda Spirit Track for the DS I bet; that's also an almost most definately 100% gaurenteed to be showed!

Party_On_Dude

eugenewrayburn

Wii Fit is th worst shovel ware I have ever seen, I agree, topic creator.

Leave it to Nintendo to jump on the cheap exericse/health awareness game bundled with an expensive peripheal gravy train....

In my opinion, the balance board was about as responsive as a 2x4, the game had HORRIBLE graphics, and I did not lose any weight. I cannot believe my mom spent $90 on the thing, that would have went a long way toward another XBOX 360. But then, this is the new Nintendo, so yes, I am afraid we can expect to see origional games this E-3 instead of violent ones.

Hardcore, casual = marketing. The real divide is between arcade and narrative games.

AlexSays

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I feel like we will see shovelware like Wii Fit Plus

Huh? Wii Fit Plus is one of the few games I even care to see this E3.

It's nice they're expanding (hopefully, it's still a rumor I think) on one of their best games this gen.

AlexSays

AlexSays

I want to see casual stuff.

Nintendo is built on casual franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pikmin etc. and I want to see more of those.

HARDCORE-NINTENDO-FAN wrote:

o please god no wii fit is not a game

Yeah it is.

It's something that's played and it comes in the form of a disc like all the other Wii games.

And it happens to be one of the best games this gen. The impact alone has been phenomenal, nobody has ever been able to move such expensive software at such a fast rate.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Rm88

If they're going to show casual games, please, let those games be actually good. I understand those titles sell a lot, but they can't simply stop making actual games.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

TwilightV

I'm gonna gag if I see a retarded "Oh Nintendo, you have finally redeemed yourself for last year" post or video after this year's show.

TwilightV

AlexSays

rm88 wrote:

If they're going to show casual games, please, let those games be actually good. I understand those titles sell a lot, but they can't simply stop making actual games.

Yeah this is what people actually want.

People want good casual games like Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, the Wii series, etc.

For some reason people think they can use "hardcore" as a substitute for a game they enjoy. No you can't. Mario isn't hardcore because you enjoy it.

We all want what Nintendo is good at, making good casual games that those "hardcores" can like too.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Rm88

I don't care about this whole casual/hardcore thing, but I think saying Zelda and Mario games are as non-gamer friendly as Wii Fit is ridiculous. I'd love to see my parents playing TP or Galaxy. Nintendo's main franchises are not any less "hardcore" than the other consoles' games.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

Wrenski

God I hope so much they do. The crying and nerdrage of the internet would be wonderful. Endless pages of how NIntendo abandoned the 'true fans', how they're destroying gaming, how everything is ruined... Last year was so delightfully fun, I hope for a repeat, then Nintendo can just reveal the rest of their stuff a couple months later again, so no skin off my nose.

eugenewrayburn wrote:

In my opinion, the balance board was about as responsive as a 2x4, the game had HORRIBLE graphics, and I did not lose any weight. I cannot believe my mom spent $90 on the thing, that would have went a long way toward another XBOX 360. But then, this is the new Nintendo, so yes, I am afraid we can expect to see origional games this E-3 instead of violent ones.

I genuinely can't tell if this is a sarcastic post or not. On the one hand, most of it sounds like genuine 'hardcore rage', on the other hand declaring 'original games instead of violent ones' to be a negative reeks of delightful sarcasm. You have my praise, this is an excellently ambiguous post.

__rm88 wrote:

I don't care about this whole casual/hardcore thing, but I think saying Zelda and Mario games are as non-gamer friendly as Wii Fit is ridiculous. I'd love to see my parents playing TP or Galaxy.

My mother who has been steadily working her way up the DS ladder (Brain Age and Puzzle games, Layton, point & clickey adventure games) ended up with Phantom Hourglass and loved it. New Super Mario Bros is the best selling game on the DS for a reason.

And the hilarious thing is, Mario 3 and the early Zelda games are worlds harder than the Wii entries in the series, yet lapsed gamers and 'non-gamers' (hahaha I love that phrase) absolutely love them and make them the best selling games on the VC, not to mention made Mario 3 STILL the unthroned best selling game of all time, despite that gaming has supposedly grown in audience over the past couple decades. Go figure!

Edited on by Wrenski

Wrenski

Rm88

Still, if TP and Galaxy were targeted towards the same audience as Wii Fit, their sales would obviously be much better. And your mom rocks, mine will probably never be able to play TP or Galaxy. Not that she wants to anyway.

ギャグ100回分愛してください

mastersworddude

When was Wii Fit shovelware? its a high quality game!
Anyway, just because Mario, Zelda, Etc are nintendo's main series dosn't make them hardcore,
Casual Games: Simple, Pick up N play games.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

AlexSays

Rm88 wrote:

Still, if TP and Galaxy were targeted towards the same audience as Wii Fit, their sales would obviously be much better.

No, people just don't want Mario or Zelda as much as Wii Fit.

They target the same exact audience: everyone.

Wii Fit is just the much more appealing game on all fronts.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Wesker

Wii Fit is fun but it doesn't satisfy my gaming needs. Wii Punch-Out doesn't look like much more than a remake. I personally hope they announce the much mooted Kid Icarus at E3.

Edit: Also surely we are due Wii Pilotwings, F Zero and Startfox as well.

• Don't you think we'll get Mario Party 9 at some point too?

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

City_Of_Delusion

eugenewrayburn wrote:

so yes, I am afraid we can expect to see origional games this E-3 instead of violent ones.

I seriously hope this sarcasm, or you just epic failed in such magnitude that you may get stoned by overzealous fanboys of Actual Games.

Nintendo really have to pull their socks up this year, and promote the Actual Games they are making, unlike last year when Wario: Shake got left out in the cold. Had they included it in their presentation, I'd say about 10% of the rage wouldn't have happened.

Personally, I'm expecting F-Zero to make an appearance.

Please no "Destroy This!" gags, please.
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=codb

Teppo_Holmqvist

E3 is pretty much reserved for casual games, because it is only time when mainstream press watches gaming. For games like Wii Fit, it is very important that they can raise awaresness in mainstream. Nintendo's october conference seems to be old E3, really.

Teppo_Holmqvist

Teppo_Holmqvist

eugenewrayburn wrote:

In my opinion, the balance board was about as responsive as a 2x4, the game had HORRIBLE graphics, and I did not lose any weight.

Of course it doesn't help if you don't use it. Zing!

Teppo_Holmqvist

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.