Forums

Topic: IGN screws the Wii yet again

Posts 61 to 67 of 67

Magicpegasus

I don't agree with the excuse that they're on vacation. It's blogging, right? Why is NL still able to come up with something several times a day? The Wii section is slowly drying up. People looking for up to date Wii news will probably end up here. I did. I check IGN regularly just in case, but it's kind of sad to think that the biggest gaming site has so little regard for the most popular console. They should be working to weed out shovelware and encourage innovation on the platform.

3DS FC:4468 1027 0929

Adam

It's not an excuse. It's their own lives. They can do whatever they want. They're not under any obligation to serve you 24/7 365 days a year. They take a break every year, and not just for the Nintendo section (at least, that's how it used to be, I don't check it anymore). NL runs a lot of old news items that IGN covered, and their news coverage is not as broad as IGN's. I don't mean to knock NL at all -- on the contrary, it's the only gaming site I visit! -- but IGN is doing nothing wrong. What little gaming news there is going on right now is not interesting to begin with. The end of the calendar year is always like this.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Percentful

I don't get why everyone is so fired up about this. Who cares if a bunch of biased evil websiters don't know what is fun? I certainly don't. I only care about me, myself, and I find fun.
Perhaps I should reword that [cause that wasn't self-centered at all ]. I don't care if they don't like the wii-I still will regardless of them.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Magi

These crybaby anti-ign threads are getting terribly bland. If you don't like them...why go to the site?

Magi

theblackdragon

Magi wrote:

These crybaby anti-ign threads are getting terribly bland. If you don't like them...why go to the site?

quoted for truth. seriously, who cares?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Ricardo91

Machu wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

What's it for?

To force IGN into not sharing there own personal opinions, even though they have earned the right to do so. In future, they must scour the boards so as to gauge what the public might like to hear. Or perhaps, run a poll before releasing any kind of list which may offend or enrage others (as it has me).

If this is sarcasm, I solute you for being one of the few people here to have some common sense.

Really people, it's their opinions. It's not like IGN is somehow trying to degrade the Wii by not including it's upcoming games. They're just not their most anticipated games for the year. Stop treating IGN like they're Nintendo nazis.

BulbasaurusRex

Ricardo91 wrote:

Bulbasaurus+Rex wrote:

Ricardo91 wrote:

OH COME ON!!! They had some damn good games on that list (well, Gran Turismo 5 and Yakuza 4 are debatable...), and most of the Wii's most anticipated games have been released already. Sure, the list could've used a little Other M love, but honestly, what else could they have listed that would even compete with some of those other games? The new Wii Zelda no one knows anything about? The new Kid Icarus and Pikmin game that no one has confirmed was actually being made? Have some common sense, people!

Well, in addition to Mega Man 10, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid: Other M, there's Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, Sin and Punishment 2, Rage of the Gladiator, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Lego Harry Potter, and so on...

1. Lego Harry Potter is a multiplatform game.
2. I doubt any of those can compete with most of the other games on that list. Red Steel 2 and S&P2 may have a chance, but that's a big might.

Yes, Lego Harry Potter is multiplatform, but I'm including those as Wii games that weren't listed by IGN. Noticed I said Mega Man 10 was one of the Wii games that did make the list, and it's multiplatform. Endless Ocean, Epic Mickey, and Sega All-Stars Racing are three more for the list.

I guess I kind of jumped the gun on this thread, since they only picked one game each. I thought that an article listing most anticipated games of 2010 would list all highly anticipated games. It's still a shame that more Wii games (even multiplatform)didn't make this list when this is thought to be the most anticipated year for Wii games to this point. If the Wii didn't have such a strong lineup for the year, I wouldn't have cared. Personally, I'm looking forward to Metroid: Other M, Sin & Punishment 2, Rage of the Gladiator, and Lego Harry Potter more than any of the games on IGN's list, even if I did have all three major consoles.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.