Forums

Topic: IGN: 2010: The Year of the Wii

Posts 41 to 50 of 50

Sean_Aaron

I do agree this is quite a stellar year. Whilst it looks like I may be purchasing less games than in past years I also don't feel I need to hunt for titles of interest because there's so many quality releases getting my attention I'll need the balance of the year just to give me time to play them (of course the second half could throw up some more surprises and mess all that up)!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Percentful

Dragoon wrote:

mnementh wrote:

I choose to be optimistic. And I hope that epic mickey will be the first game ever (?) to receive 100 on metacritic and to promote the game the VC will see 10 releases of Disney games including Duck Tales and Lion King.

No game is ever truly perfect.

...except for electroplankton.
After all, it's my favorite game, and I'm sure THAT says something about it.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

motang

Yes it does look like the year for the Wii, looking forward to playing all those great games!

NIN10DO

Twitter:

mnementh

I thought you meant the sequel, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, because indeed the earlier was in 2009 for NA (and sold terribly).

I actually prefer the wii's versions. Force Unleashed and Mini Ninjas come to my mind among others. It might change with the rip-off move though., but that's another story (I would still play the wii's version and I don't think it applies to PoP).

Btw, you listed games for both Sony and Microsoft, and I don't think anyone would argue that the two combined don't have a very good extensive list.. obviously they would or else what do they do, but compared one console to one other console, there are less games, so you have to separate them, and if you do count the good exclusives (not multiplatform titles), the wii definitely has more. not that most people notice it for their own legitimate reasons I guess. Anyway, when they say "year of the wii" it's in comparison to one other console, not both together. No console can possibly be better than two of the others combined in what it has to offer.

Edited on by mnementh

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

Axoloth

/facepalms

Wrong again, IGN.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

mnementh

That makes sense then.. Tiger Woods 2011

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

LEGEND_MARIOID

Its going to be a great year and there are some immense titles coming out. Potential all time greats and/or wii classics.

For me, the ones left to get before any further E3 2010 announcements are Lego Harry Potter, FlingSmash, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Other M.

But of course, there are many others that other gamers will want.....

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Chrono_Cross

@Guy Brush
True the 360 has Mass Effect 2 and PS3 has God of War 3 and both of those have potential of being great. While most of the games you said are very... lacky in the sense that they don`t look threatening to the Wii.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.