Forums

Topic: IGN: 2010: The Year of the Wii

Posts 21 to 40 of 50

mnementh

I choose to be optimistic. And I hope that epic mickey will be the first game ever (?) to receive 100 on metacritic and to promote the game the VC will see 10 releases of Disney games including Duck Tales and Lion King.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

V8_Ninja

Didn't IGN say that 2008 was the "Year of The Wii"? And didn't they also say that for 2009? Talk about inconsistency.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

ejamer

Sadly, I stopped caring what IGN said about 2 years ago. IGN articles and reporting represent a viewpoint that is so regularly different from mine that they simply aren't worth reading. Too bad though - I like reading positive reports about what's coming for Wii and think there are a lot of solid titles coming out this year to talk about.

On a side note, am I the only one worried that Epic Mickey is going to be a giant bomb? I love the concept but haven't seen anything that actually makes me believe the execution will live up to the potential.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Percentful

Year of the Wii, maybe. Summer of the shrinking wallets, definitely.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

mnementh

Seriously, the article is right - this year is amazing. They didn't even mention the other multiplatform titles for the Wii like the Forgotten Sands, new Call of Duty?, Transformers Cybetron, Force Unleashed II...

and then there are other Nintendo titles on the horizon like Xenoblade and Last Story, and the Dynamic slash WM+ game (if it comes to the U.S.) and we know they must be working on StarFox and others... I mean, the reason is that people think that the Wii doesn't have enough games is because of one reason only: fanboys. And I know I'm guilty of the same thing, but if you really think about it, it's the only reason.... it's people going into forums and attacking the wii, for no reason, because amazing games keep coming.

And it has its influence, subconsciously on wii fans too. That's why so many people buy the wii - people that don't go into forums, that just enjoy their lives, and like the wii consoles without constantly seeing fanboys attacking it.

The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
in this place a...

Popyman

mnementh wrote:

I choose to be optimistic. And I hope that epic mickey will be the first game ever (?) to receive 100 on metacritic and to promote the game the VC will see 10 releases of Disney games including Duck Tales and Lion King.

If all of that doesn't happen, I think you've ruined my year for me...

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Bankai

HolyMackerel wrote:

Yeah, Chocobo's Dungeon is a gem for sure. I got it yesterday and I love it!

I'm pretty excited for the Wii's lineup this year. Probably more so than any other system I have, except perhaps the DS. I can see this being a good year for Nintendo.

Hey man, that's awesome. When you've gotten a bit further into it, let me know, and we'll play some online! That's the one thing I'm missing out on with this game atm - online play.

RowdyRodimus

WaltzElf wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I'm pretty excited for the Wii's lineup this year. Probably more so than any other system I have, except perhaps the DS. I can see this being a good year for Nintendo.

Hey man, that's awesome. When you've gotten a bit further into it, let me know, and we'll play some online! That's the one thing I'm missing out on with this game atm - online play.

I traded in some old movies I had in storage for some games and one of them was Chocobo's Dungeon just because you bring it up so much. This way I can decide if you are a saint or sinner lol Nah, I read the back of the box and remembered you always speak highly of it and since it was 14.99 new, I figured what the heck. (I also picked up Metal Slug Anthology new for less than a NeoGeo download )

Edited on by RowdyRodimus

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

Faildude

Don't worry, next week 2010 is the year of the PS2 again

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

Bankai

RowdyRodimus wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I traded in some old movies I had in storage for some games and one of them was Chocobo's Dungeon just because you bring it up so much. This way I can decide if you are a saint or sinner lol Nah, I read the back of the box and remembered you always speak highly of it and since it was 14.99 new, I figured what the heck. (I also picked up Metal Slug Anthology new for less than a NeoGeo download )

The game had an ultra-limited release in Australia - I had to pay $80 for a USED copy of it.

Of course, I've since got so much entertainment from it that it's the best purchase I've made in a long time. Chocobo is my hero <3

And I've since bought the piano music score, the CD soundtrack and a bunch of stuffed Chocobos, and the two DS mini-game collections, and Chocobo Racing on the Playstation Network. Square Enix is making a fortune out of my Chocobo obsession. >_<

I really hope you love the game as much as I do. Cause then we can card battle too!

ninsane

Every year is the year of the Wii!

Kiss my butt IGN - You are lazy and stupid and I don't care!

Woot!

I am nINSANE!

TKOWL

Guybrush_Threepwood wrote:

The Wii's line up has some really interesting games in 2010 (Metroid: Other M!!!). I wouldn't count on Zelda being released this year though (a 2011 release is realistic). The last year was disappointing since Nintendo gave us only a half hearted remake (New Super Mario Bros)

I stopped reading there.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

TKOWL

mnementh wrote:

No game is ever truly perfect.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

I'm going to stand out of the crowd.

The Wii being the 2010 Console of the Year, while likely, is not guaranteen. Even if all those promising games were Triple A and Double A and that Zelda Wii 2 did arrive for the holiday, I'm not exactly convinced this will be the Wii's best year.

The main reason is because of the Virtual Console. There is an slightly possibly of the Virtual Console being cancelled that year. If Nintendo actually did this, they would lose a LOT of fans, possibly nearly the entire core fanbase that it has left, myself included. That alone would ruin all hopes of Wii claiming 2010.

I recently read an interview with Reggie Fils-Aime saying that Nintendo is making more money off of VC, rather than Wiiware, which means the VC isn't going anywhere any time soon. (The link was on this site, by the way.)

As for the rest of what you wrote, well, where the hell have you been? You do know what's coming out this year right? Mario Galaxy 2 (Super Mario Galaxy was 2007's Game of the Year), Metroid Other M, Monster Hunter 3, Red Steel 2, Tales of Graces, Epic Mickey, possibly the new Zelda (which Twilight Princess on Wii, was 2006's Game of the Year), and so-on and so forth. Yet, you have the guts to say this won't be the year of the Wii, when 360 is only getting Halo Reach and Fable 3 to be a contender for GOTY, and PS3 with God of War 3? Think again Smash1999.

Dragoon wrote:

The Wii's line up has some really interesting games in 2010 (Metroid: Other M!!!). I wouldn't count on Zelda being released this year though (a 2011 release is realistic). The last year was disappointing since Nintendo gave us only a half hearted remake (New Super Mario Bros)

I stopped reading there.

....yeah you and me both.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

theblackdragon

ninsane wrote:

Every year is the year of the Wii!

Kiss my butt IGN - You are lazy and stupid and I don't care!

Woot!

let's not with the IGN hate here, shall we? thank you :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

moomoo

@ChronoCross: You forgot Alan Wake on 360, and there's bound to be stuff on the PS3 later. I still think the wii will destroy the competition in terms of quality first-party games, but don't disregard the other systems as having a few titles.
Plus, 3rd party is what 360 and PS3 rely on. Without it (At least for Sony, seeing that they still don't have a series that sells like Halo does) they'd be screwed.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Guybrush_Threepwood

Chrono+Cross wrote:

As for the rest of what you wrote, well, where the hell have you been? You do know what's coming out this year right? Mario Galaxy 2 (Super Mario Galaxy was 2007's Game of the Year), Metroid Other M, Monster Hunter 3, Red Steel 2, Tales of Graces, Epic Mickey, possibly the new Zelda (which Twilight Princess on Wii, was 2006's Game of the Year), and so-on and so forth. Yet, you have the guts to say this won't be the year of the Wii, when 360 is only getting Halo Reach and Fable 3 to be a contender for GOTY, and PS3 with God of War 3?

Nintendo's Competitors have already got Mass Effect 2, Heavy Rain, God of War III, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Darksiders, Bayonetta and Final Fantasy XIII this year.
And there's huge list of potential highlights announced for 2010:
Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, Alan Wake, BlazBlue, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia II, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fallout: New Vegas, Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, PoP: The Forgotten Sands, Fable III, Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, Max Payne 3, ...

Dragoon wrote:

I stopped reading there.

....yeah you and me both.

Yeah, a loyal Nintendo fanboy should definitely stop reading at this point and wait for being picked up by his parents. I would also suggest that every criticizing of a Mario game should be strictly blocked out on all Nintendo fansites like boobs on American television.

New Super Mario Bros is a good game thanks to the classic gameplay of the former SMB-games. I'm disappointed about Nintendo releasing a full retail Mario game with a very low budget and without taking any risks. Nintendo was absolutely playing safe with NSMB for Wii and didn't try anything that wouldn't have been possible on SNES (e.g. online gameplay). That may be enough for a 10 € WiiWare game but it's not for a new Mario retail game in my opinion.

Edited on by Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood

ninsane

you think you're being cute, but i'm serious -- let's not with the IGN bashing. -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

I am nINSANE!

RowdyRodimus

@Faildude AWESOME avatar of the epitome of your name lol

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

mnementh

[quote=Guybrush_Threepwood]

Chrono+Cross wrote:

BlazBlue, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia II, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fallout: New Vegas, Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, PoP: The Forgotten Sands, Fable III, Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, Max Payne 3, ...

Blazblu not planned for U.S./EU release. The first bombed. PoP also for the Wii. I don't think people are looking forward for this particular Castlevania. There are some decent games but I think we'll see Capcom announcing more games for the Wii soon too since TvC seems to have been doing well. But who knows. Looking at your particular list, I think Wii's list looks much better, mostly due to Nintendo of course.

Edited on by mnementh

in this place a...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.