Forums

Topic: I need advice about trading in my Wii!!

Posts 41 to 57 of 57

The_Fox

Bulbasaurus+Rex wrote:

tristenj1992 wrote:

Bulbasaurus+Rex wrote:

tristenj1992 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Why isn't eBay an Option?

How will I send it away, if I can't get to a post office? The bus doesn't go to one.

E-Bay offers free USPS pickup at your house.

And how will I get paid? I can't do paypal. (I just realized that. )

Although they do prefer PayPal, you can set it up to require payment by mailed check.

eBay pretty much forbids sellers from accepting checks and money orders (not counting e-checks) anymore. I believe you can't even set up a selling account without linking a Paypal account to it. And you know what? It's for the best. I can't tell you how many bad checks I was sent back when it was still allowed.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

TeeJay

It is done.

I traded it in today, and got more money than I expected! Thanks to an extra 20% trade in credit from my powerup rewards card, I got $120 for trading in my Wii. WOO! I put all that credit in and some money towards my 3DS, and now THE WHOLE THING IS PAID FOR!
I can now just walk into the store, pick up my package of win, and leave.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!
Untitled

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Member_the_game

Glad you made a decision in the end lol

Have you ordered any games to go with it?

Member_the_game

TeeJay

Rated_R_Superstar wrote:

Glad you made a decision in the end lol

Have you ordered any games to go with it?

I preordered Sims 3, which will make my first Sims game I ever played, and Ocarina of Time, but I'll have to wait all the way until May for that.
I may have just enough money for a third game, and that's going to be Paper Mario 3DS, which will also make my first Paper Mario title.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

retired_account

Swerd_Murd wrote:

@pix - I'm personally not a trader-inner, but I've noticed a few times, when browsing for games, that the trade-in values are astonishingly high. I've never seen one for less than 50% of what Amazon sells the game for--most are far closer. How was the process (shipping fee or not, turnaround time, etc.) itself?

It was amazing. Amazon prepaid shipping (you just print out a form they email you), and I shipped off like 12+ games. It took over a week for it to arrive, be processed, and get my store credit, iirc — I did it way back before Black Friday, so the details are a bit fuzzy. It was a bit agonizing waiting for it the first time, haha, but it all went through without a hitch. I'd definitely do it again. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

LzWinky

I dunno, I noticed that Amazon's trade-in values have been decreasing lately. GS's are about the same if you take advantage of their offers

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

retired_account

Depends on what you sell. Amazon has special deals on trade-ins every day, I think. First party games are really high too... You can get $32 for SMG2.

retired_account

TeeJay

pixelman wrote:

Depends on what you sell. Amazon has special deals on trade-ins every day, I think. First party games are really high too... You can get $32 for SMG2.

You for srs? I have SMG2. But meh, Gamestop has a 50% extra sale right now on game trade-ins, I'll just trade them there, along with my +20% Powerup Reward Trade-in.

LuigiTheGreenFire

I'm going to love the 3DS so much, but it's not worth trading my Wii in.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

retired_account

Yeah I just checked. They fluctuate a lot, so if you see a good deal on a game you're sure want to sell, it's a good idea to lock in the price by submitting the trade in. You can cancel it if you want to, and you have up to two weeks to send it off, iirc.

retired_account

TeeJay

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

I'm going to love the 3DS so much, but it's not worth trading my Wii in.

Remember, I have no choice. I didn't want to trade it in, either.

chiwii

Congrats on pre-ordering the 3DS!

You've said so many times that you had to sell the Wii (and not just for the 3DS), and that you had no choice. I just have to ask - why did you need to sell it?

chiwii

ItsFuzzyPickles

It's too bad that you had to get rid of the Wii. There really is a lot of good games on it.

Still, I'm very happy that you're going to get your 3DS soon, which should be a great console to get.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

TeeJay

chiwii wrote:

Congrats on pre-ordering the 3DS!

You've said so many times that you had to sell the Wii (and not just for the 3DS), and that you had no choice. I just have to ask - why did you need to sell it?

My family doesn't know I have it, and they'd flip if they found out. It was getting stressful taking it apart and dumping it in my footlocker whenever somebody comes over to my apartment, and setting it all back up again when they leave. Plus, since I haven't gotten good grades last semester and my room wasn't totally spotless, my family said they'd be making surprise visits every now and then to check how clean my room is. Well, that was the last straw.

In other news...
WOOO! I just traded in all my Wii and Gamecube games, and one DS game, and got $105 and change because of the +50% trade-in coupled with my +10% for my powerup rewards card! I was able to pay off my Sims 3 and Ocarina of Time preorders, and in addition I preordered Nintendogs + cats Golden Retreiver and pay off nearly all of it. All I have left to pay for Nintendogs is $0.31. Then I can walk out with ALL MY AWESOME NEW STUFF! YES!

Edited on by TeeJay

chiwii

tristenj1992 wrote:

My family doesn't know I have it, and they'd flip if they found out. It was getting stressful taking it apart and dumping it in my footlocker whenever somebody comes over to my apartment, and setting it all back up again when they leave. Plus, since I haven't gotten good grades last semester and my room wasn't totally spotless, my family said they'd be making surprise visits every now and then to check how clean my room is. Well, that was the last straw.

In other news...
WOOO! I just traded in all my Wii and Gamecube games, and one DS game, and got $105 and change because of the +50% trade-in coupled with my +10% for my powerup rewards card! I was able to pay off my Sims 3 and Ocarina of Time preorders, and in addition I preordered Nintendogs + cats Golden Retreiver and pay off nearly all of it. All I have left to pay for Nintendogs is $0.31. Then I can walk out with ALL MY AWESOME NEW STUFF! YES!

That makes sense. If you're not going to tell them about the 3DS, it should be really easy to hide, unlike the Wii! LOL

Congrats on all the new games!

chiwii

Portista

Uh Oh, Here comes TBD!

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

DarkLloyd

Portista wrote:

Uh Oh, Here comes TBD!

she already posted mate

DarkLloyd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.