Forums

Topic: I lost 24700 Nintendo Points and have them back now :-)

Posts 81 to 100 of 105

madgear

The problem with them saying it specifically says in the terms of service that if you switch your language settings you lose your Virtual Console games. This isn't a hack he's used, he hasn't used pirated software or done anything to invalidate the warrenty on the machine. All he's done is change the language because he speaks both Dutch and English and would rather play his games in English.

This is an option on the Wii console itself - all you have to do is go into the options and select English. Basically they're saying if you do this one thing, that they programmed into the console themselves and sold as a feature of said console, then they have the right to deny you games you have paid for?

It's complete bull - essentially a con. If they didn't want people changing the language settings then they shouldn't have included the option with the console. You've done nothing wrong as a consumer - if they state that in their customer policy then you need to point out that's unfair trade given that they sell the option to change the language with the console.

madgear

J_K

My thoughts, I feel sorry for you. But also, your sad story is why I don't trust Nintendo at all and stopped using my money on their online shop. They're jerks, and refuse to make a login/pass account like PSN(Sony) has. If they did, you'd just login, go to old downloads, and click and wait a few hours or whatever to get all your junk back. But, as this is Nintendo they don't do smart stuff like that, and as a result since you switched language code (which is a bs reason for them to hose you as the proof exists you bought all that stuff clearly in their system) they're punishing you basically stealing your money and games.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

Slapshot

Lesson #1: Dont waste high amounts of money on a service that doesnt have a back-up!

Lesson #2: Memorize Lesson #1

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Olorin

madgear wrote:

The problem with them saying it specifically says in the terms of service that if you switch your language settings you lose your Virtual Console games.

Uhh, you don't lose the games if you do that. The only problem here is that they can't transfer games from one country's Wii to another country's Wii because they're connected to different Wii shops. Also, the problem isn't in the language setting, but in the country setting.

My advice for the op would be to simply pay to get your old Wii repaired. Then you can either let them transfer the games (because they can change the country back to the Netherlands when it's been repaired) and then sell your old Wii, or simply keep your old repaired Wii and sell the new one.

invmat

I´m departing now. I´ĺl be back on August the 20th. I´ll see if they have given a reaction then and if so I will show it here.

invmat

sandpiper

This is why I hesitate to buy anything from the shop channel. Once my Wii breaks, I can't just buy a new one and redownload everything. I have to go through a long process to hopefully recover everything.

sandpiper

KCKowalchuk

How long have you been buying WiiWare? You would think that spending $247 on that kind of thing would make it go out of control.

KCKowalchuk

Lionsshare

theblackdragon wrote:

madgear wrote:

Anyway, don't take no for an answer. Tell them you've bought those games, it's your right to play games in English if you want and that they need to give you your damn games back. And if they say to ship it back again at more expense to you - then complain further. Write letters, pester their office - even get the media involved. As much as I love Nintendo's games, they shouldn't be allowed to walk all over us like this.

this, this, this. you paid good money for those games and points; what a load of BS.

This, this, this, this, this! ( I beat you by two) One thing my mom made sure to teach me, and that I will pass on to you, is this;

"Don't ever let anybody, ever, f--- with your money. Ever. And if they try to take it from you, or screw you around, it is your job to make their lives suck as much as possible. Now tuck your shirt in it's time for church." (Stubs out cigarette on tounge.)

So what I mean to say is, you call them back and write those letters and get a petition and bug the flinging snot out of them dude. You find your local Nintendo company office, and you go in there and lay your jingle-jangles on the boss' desk, know what I mean. How many hours did you have to work to get all those Nintendo points?

Let the rage fill you and then TCB BABY!!!

Lionsshare

sandpiper

^^ Your mom sounds awesome. I agree, don't just sit back and say, "Oh well...". Raise he'll until you get your money back.

sandpiper

invmat

Hello guys, I´m back. I sent a very angry e-mail to Nintendo Benelux the day I departed. The day before that, I sent an e-mail that explained the problem completely to Nintendo UK. I got 1 mail back, this was the response:

(I removed personal information)

- <Begin of the e-mail> -

Dear Mr. ---,

Your case has come a long way till it landed on my table. But I heard of it even before thanks to Nintendolife.com
Our colleagues from NUK contacted me about your problem.

I had to delete your new account on the new Wii for that but like you stated in your email no 'real' purchases have been done.
You now need to link your Wii again with your Club Nintendo ID to get all the old data information back on the new console.

Once this is done you can enjoy all your games again.

Kind regards,

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this communication from your system. Failure to follow this process may be unlawful. Thank you for your cooperation.

Nintendo of Europe GmbH, Nintendo Center, 63760 Großostheim, Germany,
Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg / Local Court of Aschaffenburg:HRB Nr. 4276,
Managing Director /Geschäftsführer: Mr Satoru Shibata

- <End of the e-mail> -

I couldn´t believe my eyes:

• I have everything back, yay
  • ¨But I heard of it even before thanks to Nintendolife.com ¨. Nintendolife.com is now officially the best place on earth, I mean the internet.
  • ¨Your case has come a long way till it landed on my table.¨. Wow, the e-mail I got back was from NoE (look at the disclaimer). Turns out that this is very exceptional indeed.

I changed my country settings back to the Netherlands so this won´t happen again . Thanks everybody, including Nintendo, for the ´happy ending´.

invmat

Guybrush_Threepwood

@invmat: Congratulations and have fun with your returned Virtual Console and WiiWare games. I'm relieved that a transfer is possible since I have changed the country settings, too. But my Wii is still working fine.

@Nintendo staff reading this thread: Good job!

Edited on by Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood

cheetahman91

Glad to see you've got them back.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

madgear

Great news! Hopefully now everyone here can see that a little persistance can get you results and that stating things like "you only buy the licence to play / don't actually own the games" gets you nowhere. The customer is always right. Well done - enjoy your games again.

madgear

Magi

Excerpt from e-mail wrote:

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this communication from your system. Failure to follow this process may be unlawful. Thank you for your cooperation.

This part tickled me the most, for obvious reasons. lol

Magi

V8_Ninja

As the old saying goes, "No harm in asking." Nice to see that you got your games back.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

xAlias

Fantastic! I'm so glad you got your games back!

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.