Forums

Topic: I just bought Super Mario All Stars Wii L.E

Posts 81 to 86 of 86

KaiserGX

Z.Bone wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

I felt the same way about going back to All Stars from NSMB (when I played it). SPOILERS:

Also that gap, there's some hidden blocks before you jump. You need them to go over the pipe on pipe. (if it's where I think you are).

Get ready for more stumping...

Yep that sounds like it. Thanks. I've never actually been stumped by a 2D mario game before.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

DeeEll

I got it on launch day. No one would drive me, so I walked through the cold for over an hour to get to the GameStop and buy it, and then an hour back. My legs were aching. Then I got it taken away when I got back, because "I didn't have permission to walk and get it". Luckily, while I was visiting my Mom around 5 days later, she let me get it. Best Buy had around 8 copies, while GameStop had zero... except that it was the same shop I went to to get it the first time. Maybe there is a customer limit? Anyway, I couldn't play it until I got my Wii back from Dad or bought a new one (thanks to my 15-year old brother who actually told on me <_<). Eventually, I got a new Wii, and I popped that thing in and played the heck out of it. Nice little collection, although that was WAY too much trouble to get it.

The soundtrack was short, though. They used up less than half of what they could have used. T_T

DeeEll

Burning_Spear

Apparently, this game may not be as limited as once thought. ...

Nintendo PR boss Marc Franklin told Wired, "We are gratified by the consumer response to this limited-edition product, which we created to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game on NES.

"Because of the strong response, we are exploring the option of bringing this item back at a later date.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

LzWinky

Burning Spear wrote:

Apparently, this game may not be as limited as once thought. ...

Nintendo PR boss Marc Franklin told Wired, "We are gratified by the consumer response to this limited-edition product, which we created to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game on NES.

"Because of the strong response, we are exploring the option of bringing this item back at a later date.

Makes sense. Nintendo is a business and businesses like $$$$$$

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Burning_Spear

lz20XX wrote:

Acknowledging that it was a limited-edition release, I'm shocked they made as few as they did in the first place. Nintendo is usually pretty good at estimating its market, but to have a "new" Mario game virtually sold out a week before Christmas meant a lot of lost sales.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Tasuki

Burning Spear wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Acknowledging that it was a limited-edition release, I'm shocked they made as few as they did in the first place. Nintendo is usually pretty good at estimating its market, but to have a "new" Mario game virtually sold out a week before Christmas meant a lot of lost sales.

Yeah it was a lost of sales but they did say Limited-edition. To be honest the only people I have heard complain are the people who sat around and waited for the game to come out. Everyone that I know that put a reserve in when it was announced got a copy. Places like Gamestop and Target and Amazon advertised for weeks about the preorder. So if people missed out.......

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.