Forums

Topic: I can't find Mario all stars Wii anywhere.

Posts 61 to 67 of 67

Big_A2

No, I meant to say, I actually had the cartridge in the mail. I played a bit too loose with the words in my last post. The cartridge was my gift to him, but it didn't arrive in time so I got him a Mario T-shirt and Sonic plush instead, and the cartridge should get here soon. We agreed that it would be best to sell the Wii version and use the money for something else. I was grateful for it anyway; after all, it was in no way his fault. I wouldn't have sold it if he didn’t want to me.

It's all cool now.

Edited on by Big_A2

Tasuki

I went to Gamestop yesterday for my son to use a Gamestop gift card that he got for Christmas. I was looking among their used Wii games and sure enough I saw 4 copies for $24.99 not sure if it came with all the extras, but if you didnt get this game when it was released and dont want to pay the high prices for it on Amazon or Ebay you might want to check your local Gamestop or used game shop.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SphericalCrusher

The day I heard it announced, I ran to GameStop and preordered it. I was there and Toys R Us today to get Epic Mickey and my friend Jordan looked for it -- nowhere to be found. Was a damn good purchase though!

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

Tasuki

SphericalCrusher wrote:

The day I heard it announced, I ran to GameStop and preordered it. I was there and Toys R Us today to get Epic Mickey and my friend Jordan looked for it -- nowhere to be found. Was a damn good purchase though!

I know that alot of the major retailer like Toys R Us, War-mart, Bestbuy etc. have been solded out since before Christmas and arent getting anymore soon. They might some time down the road but there hasnt been any announcements. Gamestop and other used places will probably get it in eventually as trade in. A few years ago Nintendo released a limited edition Zelda game with the Game Cube and I see copies of those pop up on Gamestops shelves used. It will probably be the same with this Mario game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

salty1264

rustythekid wrote:

And you won't. At least not in the U.S. apparently. There are a couple of sellers on Amazon, but unless you want to pay $50+ I wouldn't recommend it.

thats why i got it the day it came out

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

Ristar42

@theblackdragon re: availability in UK - Well said, last I looked it was still just about £17 on Amazon, I've also seen copies in HMV. I think a lot of UK retro fans didnt bother with this game because of the 50Hz issue. Hopefully, eventually the people making these decisions will realise they are losing money!

Ristar42

Big_A2

I hope to god that's the case. (I probably said this somewhere else, but) after this tragety, and after playing Sega's gift to retro games - their Mega Drive collection on PS3, I've boycotted 50hz games on the VC until Nintendo sorts this stuff out. This summer has been strange, my love for the company has somehow faded the more I see new issues and learn about past ones. I'd known about the 50hz thing for a few years, but this summer it really hit me, maybe because I realized that there were indeed ways for me to legally play the games I want at the right speed (importing the old consoles, third party compilations, etc).

I'm afraid. I might become a Sony fanboy by the end of this year. At least they know that there's a European market and that they want to be treated like their friends across the pond. But you'd think, surely third party companies who have good customer relations like Capcom have said something to Nintendo about the PAL VC? SEGA certainly doesn't want PAL gamers playing their embarrassing 50hz ports. Why this is an issue today I don't even know. It's one of those things you just can't explain. Children are starving in Africa, the Middle East is in a constant state of war, China is spewing pollution into the air, and Nintendo is only selling 50hz retro games to Europe/Australia.

I was thinking today after looking at some gaming mags, it's kinda ironic that the only retro gaming magazine in the world is a British one.

Edited on by Big_A2

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.