Forums

Topic: How worried should we be?

Posts 21 to 26 of 26

warioswoods

The problem was the usual problem with gaming news: there isn't much journalistic integrity. Very little accountability or responsible reporting can be found in the vast majority of high-profile gaming blogs and news sites online. No offense to NL, of course, because the original stories here are mostly interviews with developers and so forth, which don't have this sort of problem. But sites like Kotaku (probably the worst I can think of for this sort of thing), Joystiq, and all the other little gaming blogs everyone links will take any story and blow it out of proportion with a misleading headline, all in order to get hits and flame wars going. I wouldn't trust a single thing you read from any of the above, without researching it yourself to see how much they've exaggerated and skewed the facts of the matter. You'd do better picking up a random tabloid in the grocery line.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Lugas

I hate the internet sometimes. Even the tiniest of things, like you said, become sensationalised.

"OMG. Metroid Prime looks worse on Wii than GC! OMG!!!"

Currently playing:
Red Steel 2
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Pokemon HeartGold

theblackdragon

Machu wrote:

Seems the hackers and modders are having lots of fun posting nonsense around the web, just cos Ninty messed with their homebrew.

... because gamers don't naturally blow stuff like this waaaaaay out of proportion anyway, whether they choose to use homebrew or not... :/ Considering there was a fix for homebrew like the next day (or really soon after it hit, either way), why would the hacking/modding community have to do anything but sit back and laugh as everyone else worked themselves into fits over it? Most people who choose to mod their Wiis (or any other piece of technology) have a basic knowledge of computer-ish stuff anyway, up to and including the fact that when something is 'updating', you leave it the heck alone until it's done doing what needs doing. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

orlick

Mine did not brick - but then Nintendo likes me

A lot.

Ben Cartwright: You and your education.
Adam Cartwright: Education is progress! Now what have you got against it?
Ben Cartwright: I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking!

orlick

(See I figure if Nintendo is capable of hating and scorning certain gamers, they are also capable of 'liking' - or even loving - them!)

Why not mii?

Ben Cartwright: You and your education.
Adam Cartwright: Education is progress! Now what have you got against it?
Ben Cartwright: I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.