Forums

Topic: How is mario kart online?

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Mikura

I really want this game, but on the other hand I think it'll suck if too many games are lost due to some cheap item. Every once and a while I can deal with it, but if its like every other game is lost because of a blue turtle shell I'll be a bit miffed.

Mikura

Tails

Well Online people are like in a war kinda i play Online always if you want i'll give you my code if you wanna race

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

Clint_Eastwood

If you're playing someone at your own skill level, it does seem really random who wins because it all comes down to the amount of blue shells (can only avoid if you have a mushroom). However, when I'm racing a bunch of people who are obviously worse than me, then I'll win probably 95% of the time (except on that bloody Luigi Circuit!), and similarly there are some people who are so skilled that I'll always lose.

Most of the time I don't get too frustrated playing it. But then again, I rarely get frustrated playing games.

Clint_Eastwood

Fuzzy

I find that it's no different to the offline modes. You get the odd cheaps hits here and there, but if you are a good player, you should do well most of the time. Also, from my experiences, I haven't really noticed any slowdown at all.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

City_Of_Delusion

Mario Kart Wii is without question the best online game that I've played on a Nintendo console. That said, the cheapness of some of the items in single player is still present and broken in online mode, although that's wholly Nintendo's fault.

Please no "Destroy This!" gags, please.
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=codb

Wrenski

It really is the best flat out online on the whole system. And while I"m not one to get frustrated by the online and sort of shrug my shoulders while everyone rants on about friend codes.. I don't understand why insta-friending people already on your system friends list seems to have been lost to new games for no reason whatsoever.

Wrenski

SilentJ

I loved playing Mario Kart Wii but I haven't touched it in a while. Online worked better than I expected. It's the only game I've played for the Wii that actually worked online. Smash Bros. is too laggy even with fast internet. The only problem with the game is the rubber banding AI. I've never been bombarded by so many blue shells in my life. You will lose plenty times at the last minute thanks to those darned things. It can also work in your favor though. I was playing online and was dead last when I got a bullet and took first place right before the finish line. I felt bad but I won.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Edwicket

Also be warned that there are cheaters online. It is rare to run into them, but they are out there. They use the Twilight Hack to give themselves an unlimited amount of any item.

Edwicket

Lonnie2Hottie

Fuzzy Nutz wrote:

I find that it's no different to the offline modes. You get the odd cheaps hits here and there, but if you are a good player, you should do well most of the time. Also, from my experiences, I haven't really noticed any slowdown at all.

I totally agree with this.

Lonnie2Hottie

SamsN_ite

I have played a lot of online games, and Mario Kart Wii really gives a feeling of actually playing with others without any annoying voice chatting 8 year-olds (though I would still like me some friend voice chat). It's cool to see the country that your opponents represents and mii as well. Very awesome gameplay. Mario Kart Wii is everything that I was hoping Smash Brawl would be. No snaking in this version is a plus too.

SamsN_ite

theblackdragon

Edwin wrote:

Also be warned that there are cheaters online. It is rare to run into them, but they are out there. They use the Twilight Hack to give themselves an unlimited amount of any item.

Nintendo is banning hackers who use cheats while playing Mario Kart via wi-fi connection. obviously, the looming threat of wi-fi bannination won't stop everybody (as evidenced by my link...), but it looks like Nintendo is working to make things difficult for online cheaters.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

mastersworddude

I was playing online with my cousin just know, and we had no lag.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Wiiloveit

It's fun. That's all I can say.

Wiiloveit

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.