Forums

Topic: Has Nintendo forgotten about NPC?

Posts 41 to 58 of 58

Adam

Everything about Fludd makes Mario himself pointless. Jumping on bad guys? No need. Just shoot them. Jumping from platform to platform? Who cares, just hover or rocket. Not really a Mario game to me, but the secret levels were the best 3D Mario levels yet, and anorexic Yoshi is as amusing as he is disturbing.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

RowdyRodimus

On topic: I hope they've forgotten about NPC games since, you know, the Wii is a current gen system and should have new games instead of adding new controls for 5+ year old games.

Super Mario Sunshine: It felt like any late 90's 3D platformer to be honest. The only peoploe that can say it is a great game that deserves to be in the running for top platformer of all time are people who have never touched a system that wasn't made by Nintendo (or are 8 year old girls drawing unicorns and rainbows on their notebooks j/k)

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

RandomWiiPlayer

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

The only game in the series that didn't have camera problems is Galaxy 2, dinosaurs can't swim and that made it pretty challenging, which is a good thing. The fruit was basically only needed for Yoshi, and I don't remember ever needed to get fruit across water, so whats the big deal about that one?

Galaxy 1 had a great camera. Dinosaurs can swim. Do some research. Last I recall Yoshi swam in Galaxy 2 anyway. And correction on that last part. You not only needed to get fruit across water on Bianco Hills to obtain Yoshi but to get a blue coin from a Delfino girl in Delfino Square you need to kick a... uh... whatever the fruit is where you can't pick it up but you need to kick it around? I don't know but anyway, you need to kick it across the boat's canal in Square, which is fairly difficult and cheap.

Wow, I just realized how stupid my post was. If my post is after 9:30, don't pay attention. I'm to tired to think and make sense by then. Sorry.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Axoloth

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Those Green Stars in Galaxy 2 were lazy development and it made up nearly half the game's stars. But the worse part was they nearly were impossible to find unless you had a guide or a lot of time on your hands.

I agree.
(Btw, my point is those blue coins were neither the first nor the last time developers did something like that to lengthen the game. You don't need all the Green Stars to beat the game, they're only there for completionists. The same goes for those blue coins.)

To stay on topic: I need to buy NPC Pikmin 2. D:

warioswoods wrote:

But back to the NPC topic, I don't want Sunshine NPC. I want Sunshine 3DS.

Oh, and I agree with this too.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Chrono_Cross

@RWP
I know exactly how you feel.

(Btw, my point is those blue coins were neither the first nor the last time developers did something like that to lengthen the game. You don't need all the Green Stars to beat the game, they're only there for completionists. The same goes for those blue coins.)

But you've got to realize that Super Mario Galaxy 2 had a complete 120 star adventure prior to Sunshine's 70 or so stars. The other 122 stars in Galaxy 2 were exploring or they were comet coins which... well you already know what they are, lol.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

gaminguy

I never got to play LM so that would be nice. Oh, and for pressure sensitive, use c and z

sup, I will give you advice if you ask.
FC:
Wii Console:3985-2203-0804-1295
SSBB:0173-0975-3949
MKW:3738-0981-3164
Toribash:3481-69299534
HG-1162-1907-7904
Goldeneye:514439432409

warioswoods

True, Sunshine was lower in raw star-count (actually shine-count) than Galaxy or Galaxy 2, but the levels in Sunshine tended to be much longer. I don't recall many levels that you could complete in about 2 minutes, whereas there are quite a lot of those in the Galaxy games. There's also a whole lot more to do in the hub world, so that I'd always end up spending a little time playing around there when I'd put on the game. In the end, it seemed perfectly comparable to the later adventures for me in length, even without the blue coins.

I'm not saying that it's better than the Galaxy games, by the way; I just don't see it as a greatly lesser adventure, either. It's one of my favorite platformers.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Chrono_Cross

warioswoods wrote:

True, Sunshine was lower in raw star-count (actually shine-count) than Galaxy or Galaxy 2, but the levels in Sunshine tended to be much longer. I don't recall many levels that you could complete in about 2 minutes, whereas there are quite a lot of those in the Galaxy games. There's also a whole lot more to do in the hub world, so that I'd always end up spending a little time playing around there when I'd put on the game. In the end, it seemed perfectly comparable to the later adventures for me in length, even without the blue coins.

But Sunshine makes up for those "long" levels with gimmicks. Half of the stars are either blue coins, found in Delfino Square/Air Strip, or you have to find 8 red coins in that level which is really boring. Gaalxy had comet coins where you either went around looking for purple coins, daredevil comets, raced blue Mario, or had to complete the level in under a time limit, which all of them varied in more than 2 minutes. The other stars well they are also qualified with this.

By the way, Sunshine did have a few stars that you could get in under 2 minutes. And to be honest with you I wouldn't even call Delfino Square a HUB when it really is a level all it's own.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

J_K

It's dead but those jerks did rob/screw us on it considering Pikmin2 was localized to europe but not in the states which is a shame as it's the good one of the series where they fleshed out the broken and poorly handled junk of the first.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

Sean_Aaron

Back to the original topic, I'm pretty sure NPC was a stopgap so that Nintedo would have titles to publish with quick turnaround whilst working on big multi-year projects which we're starting to see now. Since they have new original games to put out it doesn't make sense to continue to focus resources on Gamecube ports if they're not doing the business.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

ejamer

I'm not sure there are many NPC titles I even want, and with the strong lineup of games I doubt Nintendo will be eager to push out reprints over the next couple of months.

That said, it certainly would be nice if they did a short print-run of Pikmin 2 NPC in North America. It's not worth getting all excited up about though.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Adam

No need to rush Pikmin 2 NPC. When Pikmin 3 comes out, just wait a year and you'll get Pikmin Trilogy at the same price.

Come on, friends,

ejamer

weirdadam wrote:

No need to rush Pikmin 2 NPC. When Pikmin 3 comes out, just wait a year and you'll get Pikmin Trilogy at the same price.

Ooh... good point. I'd love to see a trilogy version!

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

J_K

I'd buy that, just wouldn't play the first game as it has problems. If I caught wind that a trilogy was coming I'd sell my GC Pikmin2 as people pay a good little bit for it.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

Adam

I'd love to see a trilogy, as well. Though I meant it more as a joke because the annoying thing about Prime Trilogy is the mixed message it sent: We love our fans so much that we're going to release this awesome package... well, except the fans who already bought MP3 only a year ago and now will have to buy it again to enjoy this compilation.

Now I'm going to be hesitant to get Pik 3 right away because I'll be anticipating an NPC Trilogy compilation! Oh what to do, what to do. The trials and tribulations life sends our way.

Come on, friends,

EarthboundBenjy

Even though I love Sunshine, forget about it for the new play control. I don't care, GameCube version's easy to find and still fun to play. But what they seriously SERIOUSLY need to do is get Kirby Air Ride up here. Online City Trial? Please! PLEASE!

Edited on by EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy

JGMR

You know...though the game is not made by Nintendo, Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes would be a grand NPC-title. First person wiimote controls...

With kind regards,

JGMR

The_Fox

Acerocksyourworld wrote:

I hope not. I want Pikmin 2 and Chibi-Robo.

I'm pretty sure Chibi-Robo sold terribly, so you're probably out of luck there.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.