Forums

Topic: grand slam tennis vs virtua tennis 2009?

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

toby_bob1

there have been an overwhelming amount of reviews for these two motion plus tennis games and overall it hasn't been very one sided not even in the slightest so, as i want but one of the two,I'm asking you to help me pick one, please give me you opinions .thanks

yoyo

luke17

I personally have both. It really depends on what you are looking for out of the game. Grand Slam has alot more people online to play against, and has alittle tighter controls than VT. For example, slices, drop shots, and lobs are easy to perform in GS, while in VT they are completely erratic. In training mode, completing any task that involves any of these "advanced" shots is nearly impossible. However, I find myself actually BETTER at VT when I play online or against the computer...go figure. Thus, I am getting some satisfaction out of winning in VT. However, I am not making much use out of the "advanced" techniques to win, which can make points sometimes a bit repetitive. Grand Slam def has more varied rallies. I think it is a safe choice to buy Grand Slam Tennis. Virtua Tennis is a definite risk....although there is always a chance you will like it more.

luke17

retired_account

I own Grand Slam, but not having played Virtua I can't recommend one over the other. That said, Grand Slam is a great buy. Points are varied and fun, and the player roster is great. The controls have a steep learning curve, but I've heard that said about both games.

retired_account

y2josh

From a review i heard the Wii Motion+ controls on virtua tennis were a whole lot worse than grand slam tennis. I've not played it though. I love grand slam tennis thus far though

y2josh

KnucklesSonic8

There's already a big discussion topic on this but to each his own I guess.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

Outrunner

Bought both. traded VT. It didn't feel as good as GST and the framerate was very bad. That annoys me.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

toby_bob1

thanks guy buying grand slam

yoyo

luke17

I would check out Ebay or Amazon for whichever u decide to buy. I got VT off Amazon for $30 total, and GST off Ebay for $37 total. There are some great deals out there for sure. I figured I saved around $40 if u include tax savings. I also wanted to add that the serving and player movement are better on VT than Grand Slam.

luke17

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.