Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,080

romulux

quick tip for anyone planning to play through archives on 007 classic- kill yourself. it'll save some time. my final clear time was 50 minutes, and that's after having to restart 100 times.

JayArr wrote:

I have strength train my eyes. I can only play a couple hours before they hurt bad and I get a headache. I am steadily building a tolerance though.

that doesn't sound right, dude. had an eye exam lately? or are you sitting really close to a tv with the backlight all the way up? something's amiss there.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Tasuki

JayArr wrote:

Been playing a little everyday. I have strength train my eyes. I can only play a couple hours before they hurt bad and I get a headache. I am steadily building a tolerance though. I should be ready for some on-line this weekend.

Yeah that sounds serious dude you might want to go to a doctor and have that checked out something isnt right there.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JayArr

Perfect 20/20 forever and now. Big TV too. I rarely play FPS games so when I do I have to get used to it. I think I dart my eyes all over and it strains them. It will get better in a day or two.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Tasuki

Arrrrg!!!! another host quit on us while I was in the middle of a great game of heroes. Does anyone know do you still get the XP for that session even if the host is a jerk and leaves cause hes losing?

My Backlog

Spoony_Tech

Nope you sure don't!.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

That so sux. Nintendo needs to fix that so if the host is a punk and leaves you still get your XP after all its not your fault if he runs off. So why should you be penalized?

My Backlog

Deviant_Mugen

romulux wrote:

quick tip for anyone planning to play through archives on 007 classic- kill yourself. it'll save some time. my final clear time was 50 minutes, and that's after having to restart 100 times.

raises hand

I'm currently at the third checkpoint or so, and I've yet to go back because the enemy AI pissed me off. It's always some guy coming up behind me from a room that I've already cleared and either wiping out all my armor or just outright killing me before I even notice him, too. I hate levels where you can't stealth your way through! As I said before, Classic mode should've been more akin to Hardcore Mode in Fallout: New Vegas...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

yeah, enemies spawning in rooms you just cleared is completely unnerving. the whole point of taking each enemy out instead of just running through is so that you can be safe for a while, then they undo it by sending another wave in.

Tasuki wrote:

Arrrrg!!!! another host quit on us while I was in the middle of a great game of heroes. Does anyone know do you still get the XP for that session even if the host is a jerk and leaves cause hes losing?

the best way to avoid it is to find an empty lobby and wait for others to connect to you rather than connecting to a game in progress. that way you'll be hosting and won't have to worry about drop outs. it's still extremely frustrating because you can't always find an empty lobby and it's in almost half of the matches that the host leaves.

Tasuki

romulux wrote:

yeah, enemies spawning in rooms you just cleared is completely unnerving. the whole point of taking each enemy out instead of just running through is so that you can be safe for a while, then they undo it by sending another wave in.

Tasuki wrote:

the best way to avoid it is to find an empty lobby and wait for others to connect to you rather than connecting to a game in progress. that way you'll be hosting and won't have to worry about drop outs. it's still extremely frustrating because you can't always find an empty lobby and it's in almost half of the matches that the host leaves.

Is that how you become a host I didnt know that thanks for the tip,

My Backlog

romulux

yep. so if you're ever alone in a lobby don't just back out like i did when i first started playing. it helps if you're playing late at night when there are fewer people. i don't know why they didn't foresee hosting would be a problem, even the conduit with all it's glitches doesn't have to deal with this.

i went back to the sigmus to try to earn the xp bonus on it, and man, what a piece of crap. you've got to earn kill you get with it, sometimes reloading twice before taking one guy down even with every damage/accuracy perk on. it's officially the klobb of this game. in a strange way it makes you play better to use it, since you have to be so much more focused to do any damage. switching back to the sigmus 9 makes it feel like you're cheating.

Edited on by romulux

Arigner

Yeah... the Sigmus is the crappy gun.

I just finished the game on Agent: it's me or the final mission will be an a**hole to finish at 007/007 Classic? I just don't even want to think about it.

Online thought, im pretty good, I think, being always around top 3 in conflict. Funny fact: I'm better with a sniper in close combat than a machine gun. I don't know why!

Goldeneye Friend Code: 0079-8601-0876

Spoony_Tech

@Aringer Hey go post your friend code and add us if you want to play with other NL people.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

Arigner wrote:

it's me or the final mission will be an a**hole to finish at 007/007 Classic? I just don't even want to think about it.

That's if you don't rage-quit before you even make it to that mission. I'm currently on Archives on 007 Classic and I've lost count as to how many times I've died (and don't even get me started on Nightclub)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Arigner

Metroid_Fan wrote:

That's if you don't rage-quit before you even make it to that mission. I'm currently on Archives on 007 Classic and I've lost count as to how many times I've died (and don't even get me started on Nightclub)...

Yeah... but Imagine what when you...

SPOILERS

Get outside just before the cradle? When there is guys with rocket launchers? I think I WILL RAGE

SPOILERS

Arigner

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Yeah... but Imagine what when you...

SPOILERS

Get outside just before the cradle? When there is guys with rocket launchers? I think I WILL RAGE

SPOILERS

Deviant_Mugen

@Arigner: The part that concerns me is when you actually have to protect Natalya. I died there so many times just playing on Operative; I think I'm going to be driven mad by anger when I get there on 007 Classic...

Spoony_Tech

Question: can you replay any mission on a harder difficulty at any time or do you need to start from the beginning and play all the way through?

MERG said:

Deviant_Mugen

@Tech101: I'm not quite sure, but I think you have to start from the beginning...

Arigner

And... is it me or they inverted 2 crucial points in the solo game? (compared to the movie and the original game)

I mean, you go in Archives BEFORE going in the Memorial. And, you do the Tank/Depot/Train even before that.

Did I miss something?

Edited on by Arigner

Deviant_Mugen

Some plot points are changed around, yes; some events happen before others, and differently, too...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.