Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,080

Deviant_Mugen

I use a chair with arm rests, so I just lay both arms on their respective rests and only move my wrists. I've gone 11 hours straight without breaks and my wrist wasn't too sore afterward...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

retired_account

I think I usually kinda lean forward and rest my arms on my legs when I play wii shooters, lol.

retired_account

pikku

pixelman wrote:

I think I usually kinda lean forward and rest my arms on my legs when I play wii shooters, lol.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Sean_Aaron

romulux wrote:

ok, for future reference for anybody playing through memorial, the first photo that needs to be taken is a box marked "drone gun" in the back room of the building with the security camera and truck outside of it halfway through the level. you climb to the roof with a ladder on the side and then drop down into the barred off room from a window above, then open the drone gun box with A and take the picture. the box looks just like the hundred others around the level that you can't interact with, so it won't occur to you to try opening it and if you're not standing close enough to touch it the "open" icon won't appear, so it's a tough one to find.

Cheers for that, I got stuck in the same place - not sure why this one didn't have the little phone box appear to guide you like the other photos.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Sean_Aaron

HolyMackerel wrote:

So what's the general consensus on this game now that it's been out a while?

I was going to trade it, but the single player really has me hooked; I'm replaying on Agent difficulty at the moment.

The multiplayer leaves me a little cold, though: without voice it's like playing against bots and I don't find it very interesting. Conduit 2 is likely to be my go-to game for online multiplayer; just need to get the headset pack-in. Given that the new CoD game supports that same headset I cannot see why Goldeneye didn't (or at least Wii Speak) - don't the people doing games for Activision share code at all?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

hulklol123456789

Multiplayer can be fun for some games, but playing LAN or spliscreen with friends in the same room, is fun with all games!!!! I really don't care about the missing voice support for Goldeneye multiplayer, but I do care that there is not any way to comunicate with your friends, come on at least like MOnster Hunter, so that you can connect a USB keyboard dude!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Deviant_Mugen

@irken: Thanks a lot for the link, man...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Oregano

I think with a good team you don't really need voice chat. Me and these three random dudes were working like a proper unit before, one of us advancing, one us watching the rear and we held the green landing on Nightclub for about four minutes because we were constantly rotating and keeping watch on all the entry ways... even when one or two of use died the others would hold the fort until they got back. Communication would be nice but I don't use it anyway(on my 360 that is!).

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

grenworthshero

Yeah, voice chat would be nice, but I'd rarely use it anyway. It's just a bunch of 15-year-olds cussing at people and whining the whole time.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

i've also noticed that experienced players will kind of get the idea of what they should be doing without needing to be asked. when you're the hero most players nearby will instinctively bodyguard you, and in goldeneye mode it's pretty easy to go for whatever the nearest satellite is. i'm actually a little impressed with how consistently good most players have been, because in the conduit i know i saw a lot of people doing far worse.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

hulklol123456789

Oh man, I can't wait anymore to get these game and play with my friend spliscreen, just 2 more weeks, come one, just 2 more weeks.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

KanrakusPizza

grenworthshero wrote:

Yeah, voice chat would be nice, but I'd rarely use it anyway. It's just a bunch of 15-year-olds cussing at people and whining the whole time.

Not usually like that on FPSs I play...

But I would use voice chat for ANY game.

wont be on here anymore

Tasuki

romulux wrote:

i've also noticed that experienced players will kind of get the idea of what they should be doing without needing to be asked. when you're the hero most players nearby will instinctively bodyguard you, and in goldeneye mode it's pretty easy to go for whatever the nearest satellite is. i'm actually a little impressed with how consistently good most players have been, because in the conduit i know i saw a lot of people doing far worse.

Yep I noticed that too. I just posted in the Online games forums about a few GoldenEye team games I did with a group of random players. I would go into detail but I already did there. But yeah I have played many other MMO games on PC and I have to say that the people that I have been playing with on GoldenEye seem very intelligent so to speak. It doesnt seem like a bunch of kids just running around and shooting everything in site. These people are actually using somewhat strategy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

romulux

awesome. buy why not just award them for beating the time trials like the original? as it is, there's no way in hell i'm going through the challenge of passing them all for nothing.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

irken004

romulux wrote:

awesome. buy why not just award them for beating the time trials like the original? as it is, there's no way in hell i'm going through the challenge of passing them all for nothing.

Same here. Since they don't really unlock anything special, I'll use them to replay my fave levels.

Oregano

I think the idea is that multiplayer is a mucb bigger thing than campaign now so they didn't want to restrict the multiplayer content for the sake of the campaign. Makes sense I guess.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

JayArr

Been playing a little everyday. I have strength train my eyes. I can only play a couple hours before they hurt bad and I get a headache. I am steadily building a tolerance though. I should be ready for some on-line this weekend.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Spoony_Tech

JayArr wrote:

Been playing a little everyday. I have strength train my eyes. I can only play a couple hours before they hurt bad and I get a headache. I am steadily building a tolerance though. I should be ready for some on-line this weekend.

Hurry it up already. LOL. Don't blame you. You don't wanna do bad when you get online.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.