Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,080

The_Man_From_Tallaha

Just completed this. Great game, totally captured the brilliance of the original. Online and split-screen multiplayer are a blast as well. All this coming from a total FPS n00b!

I played with the nunchuk and remote. I'm a stubborn supporter of the Wii remote. Just as I stuck with the wheel in Mario Kart Wii, I persisted with the pointer. In both cases, it was more difficult at first, but more rewarding eventually because of the increased precision.

It's on like Donkey Kong! (trademark of Nintendo)

romulux

the controls really are great. i used to think metroid corruption had had good remote controls but now after getting my settings honed in goldeneye i can't even play it anymore. the one problem is that they're glitchy as hell and throw your view around sometimes, something dual analog users don't have to deal with.

my favorite thing about this game so far is the level design. the single player levels are great, but it's the online levels that are really brilliantly designed. there are so many hotspots, like the top floor staircase in nightclub, where everyone naturally congregates to fight, and if you're not in those spots the hallways all seem to direct you there. everything just flows towards the key points of the level.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Tasuki

vonseux wrote:

Did anyone got the Movie for comparison?

DO you mean the actually movie GoldenEye???? If you do than yeah I watched it a few weeks ago and yeah there are differences but Eurocom pointed out those differences already before the game came out. I could list all the differences but I dont want to give away any spoilers for people who havent watched the movie or played the game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

grenworthshero

Wait...there are people who played this game without having seen the movie? I guess that should be pretty obvious, when I think about it, but it's weird to me.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Platypus

I haven't seen the movie! I played the original a lot at my friends house though.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Z_Bone

Okay seriously. What is up with the hackers online? On multiple occasions I've come across guys who are low level but use advanced weaponry. Today I confirmed that LOL YOUMAD is a hacker. He is level 14 and was using a Masterton that never needed to be reloaded. I know this because I picked it up and tore him apart with it. (You can have all the advanced weaponry you want but if you aren't any good...) And no, we weren't playing Heroes, we were playing Team Conflict.

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

vonseux wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

Wait...there are people who played this game without having seen the movie? I guess that should be pretty obvious, when I think about it, but it's weird to me.

there are people playing the game who hasnt been born when the movie was released

but i`m talink about seeing it again because of the game

I thought it was cool that they were playing the movie a lot on TV right around the time the game released. I don't know if it was intentional or a coincidence. But they do play it a lot though. I see it on almost every week. It's a pretty darn good movie too, even by today's standards.

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

I picked this up before Christmas and I had to buy the pro controller, I just didn't like how it handled with the wiimote. I was getting my butt kicked in campaign and online, then I switched to the more traditional controller and I'm doing very very well in both. It wasn't that I was bad at the game I just couldn't get a hold of the control setup.

I also got the Conduit and I can play that with the wiimote fine, I like how you can customize everything in that one.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Spoony_Tech

@SkullMan I had a hard time as well. I used the preset experienced 2. For the longest time. Give it a shot or enjoy it any way you can.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Z_Bone

SkullMan wrote:

I picked this up before Christmas and I had to buy the pro controller, I just didn't like how it handled with the wiimote. I was getting my butt kicked in campaign and online, then I switched to the more traditional controller and I'm doing very very well in both. It wasn't that I was bad at the game I just couldn't get a hold of the control setup.

I also got the Conduit and I can play that with the wiimote fine, I like how you can customize everything in that one.

You can't customize it quite to the OCD level in The Conduit, but you can customize the controls just fine in GE. I think the Wiimote controls are awesome. All the headshot kills I get can attest to that. But I can understand if some people are used to Wii controls.

Do the Mario!

kkslider5552000

Maybe it's because I haven't finished the game and never saw the movie or played the original etc.

But that general going into the interregation room, killing his own men when they weren't gonna listen to Bond no matter what anyway, giving him a gun only to run away and yelling to his men that Bond murdered them them just seemed unnecessarily complicated and stupid.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

romulux

that was maybe the worst handled scene in the game. in the movie mishkin was very reasonable and seemed to believe bond, i don't know why they made him so comically hostile in the game.

skullman, make sure you've adjusted everything before giving up on the remote. i'm positive you could replicate any scheme you could get in the conduit, most of the same options are there but you have even more control over the turning and dead zones. if it weren't for the lack of button mapping goldeneye's customization would be a lot more detailed.

SkullMan

The conduit you have so much control over control schemes that goldeneye doesn't even come close. I don't even think I'll be playing online anymore it's really not that fun online. The graphics are hard to make out other players in the distance even on my 32" with 480p cables. I'll go to Black Ops or Killzone 3 if I want to play multiplayer, which is vastly superior. Even the single player isn't anything to write home about...the enemies are quite dumb. Some just stand around and wait for me to kill them, the poor A.I. takes me out of the action.

For a wii game it's not bad, but it could have been so much more on other HD systems.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

romulux

SkullMan wrote:

The conduit you have so much control over control schemes that goldeneye doesn't even come close.

goldeneye gives you all the same remote options conduit does but gives you a few conduit doesn't, like maximum turn zone and auto aim and downsight settings (ADS is better than locking on). you have five presets to start with while the conduit didn't even give you one unless you count the default. again, button mapping and HUD arrangement are the only things missing and neither one thing is really necessary.

i can't stand the conduit's controls after a while because they're so jittery on the vertical axis and there's no way to stop it short of turning off vertical turning, which obviously gets you in trouble sometimes. i hope they fix that in the sequel.

warioswoods

I'm not that far in yet (just finished the nightclub mission), but I absolutely love the single-player campaign in this game. It's a perfect mix of some FPS elements and a good bit of stealth / spying and cinematics; I don't generally care for straightforward FPS games (I've tried Call of Duty, in all its iterations, countless times with friends and just want to shoot myself in the head) but this one is streamlined enough to be very enjoyable.

I'm playing on 007 Classic mode, by the way, because I loathe regenerating health.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Kid_A

warioswoods wrote:

I'm not that far in yet (just finished the nightclub mission), but I absolutely love the single-player campaign in this game. It's a perfect mix of some FPS elements and a good bit of stealth / spying and cinematics; I don't generally care for straightforward FPS games (I've tried Call of Duty, in all its iterations, countless times with friends and just want to shoot myself in the head) but this one is streamlined enough to be very enjoyable.

I'm playing on 007 Classic mode, by the way, because I loathe regenerating health.

Seems like we're in the same boat as far as enjoyment is concerned. I've played every Call of Duty game quite thoroughly, and I've almost always walked away underwhelmed (especially Black Ops, which I can't stand). This game really captured the spirit of the original, and it has an all-around different vibe than most modern shooters. Mainly, fun. This is a smart game in that it doesn't take itself seriously, which is what made the first game so successful.
And, the balance of stealth and action set-pieces is perfect. Definitely the shooter of the year for me
Not to mention the multiplayer was the most fun I've had this year with a game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

i just wish it took itself less seriously enough to include a cheat menu. seriously, it would have made the levels so much more fun to replay (whereas now the replay value is next to nil once you beat 007 classic).

Edited on by romulux

SkullMan

romulux wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

The conduit you have so much control over control schemes that goldeneye doesn't even come close.

goldeneye gives you all the same remote options conduit does but gives you a few conduit doesn't, like maximum turn zone and auto aim and downsight settings (ADS is better than locking on). you have five presets to start with while the conduit didn't even give you one unless you count the default. again, button mapping and HUD arrangement are the only things missing and neither one thing is really necessary.

i can't stand the conduit's controls after a while because they're so jittery on the vertical axis and there's no way to stop it short of turning off vertical turning, which obviously gets you in trouble sometimes. i hope they fix that in the sequel.

You can totally control the sensitivity of every axis...

lifesavedave

Z.Bone wrote:

Okay seriously. What is up with the hackers online? On multiple occasions I've come across guys who are low level but use advanced weaponry. Today I confirmed that LOL YOUMAD is a hacker. He is level 14 and was using a Masterton that never needed to be reloaded. I know this because I picked it up and tore him apart with it. (You can have all the advanced weaponry you want but if you aren't any good...) And no, we weren't playing Heroes, we were playing Team Conflict.

Unlimited ammo no reload with the masterdon would be AWESOME! I seem to only die when reloading that beast of agun

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

suburban_sensei

After playing online, I am probably just sticking with Black Ops on my PS3 for online-multiplayer, but the campaign in this game is a lot of fun. I have a hard time controlling with the wii remote, the gamecube controller is decent, but I believe my girlfriend is getting me a Classic Controller Pro for my b-day today, and i've heard its great playing with that controller.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.