Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,080

SuperPeach

pixelman wrote:

Another question. Can you change your online username? (like after you pick it)

I've changed the name on my profile several times already lol.

SuperPeach

Z_Bone

Does anyone else think the stats for the weapons are way off. It says the SLY shotgun is full on range. Really? A shotgun has better range than a sniper rifle?

Do the Mario!

romulux

the stats are relative for each type of weapon. for instance, sniper rifles are rated around 3 damage bars and kill with one hit while the stauger is almost 4 full bars and obviously takes more shots to kill with. the rating just tells you how good it is within it's own subset, as a pistol, rifle, ect.

on that subject, i'm surprised by how unbalanced a lot of the weapons are; most shooters i've played make an effort to keep each gun effective in it's own way even as more advanced ones become available, whereas most guns in this game are flat out superior to the ones before them- the scar improves completely over the AK, sigmus 9 over the sigmus, hawksman over every other pistol. it does make it more rewarding to earn better guns but it's weird having to throw your old guns out, never to be used again, when every stat on the new gun is better. that said, the hawksman rules. it doesn't have weird sights that make headshots impossible like the p99.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

gaminguy

wow im not having a good day in ge

sup, I will give you advice if you ask.
FC:
Wii Console:3985-2203-0804-1295
SSBB:0173-0975-3949
MKW:3738-0981-3164
Toribash:3481-69299534
HG-1162-1907-7904
Goldeneye:514439432409

3DS

iv already found a glitch in it cos i was going down a ladder on the outpost (the snowy one) and i walked back the fell through thesnow then i died.

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

Oregano

@romulux.... yeh I tried using the AK for a match and it's just too bad to even consider. Here's the vid(I posted it in the other thread) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZWm2o0zb-Q

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

HolyMackerel

@irken It's a good cover, but nothing can top Tina Turner. She is perfection in this song.

So what's the general consensus on this game now that it's been out a while?

HolyMackerel

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Hmack It's awesome

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

irken004

HolyMackerel wrote:

The consensus is that it's flippin' awesome. One of the best fps offline campaigns I've played in a long time and a fun online/splitscreen multiplayer is icing on the cake!

Spoony_Tech

HolyMackerel wrote:

@irken It's a good cover, but nothing can top Tina Turner. She is perfection in this song.

Get It NOOOOW!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Platypus

I'll get this game once another 3 for the price of 2, video game deal pops up.

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Tasuki

Ok so I tried to use the Wiiremote/Nunchuk control type instead of the CC and after a few adjustments I am liking it. The only thing is after awhile the hand that I use the Wiiremote in starts to cramp up something fierce so I go back to the CC lol.

Has anyone tried GoldenEye with the Wii Zapper? I am thinking of maybe picking it up and seeing if that will fix my cramp issues.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Ill admit my hand dose cramp to but the Zapper sounds like a whole different set of arm problems. I can see you needing a break after every match.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

I've played a few matches online with the Zapper. It's alright.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Tasuki

Tech101 wrote:

Ill admit my hand dose cramp to but the Zapper sounds like a whole different set of arm problems. I can see you needing a break after every match.

Well its good to know that I am not the only one dealing with cramps lol. I have the Shotgun accessory that came with Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 but the buttons for GoldenEye dont work with it. I have played that game for awhile and havent had problems with my hand cramping like it does with just the Wii remote when I play GoldenEye. Maybe I will see if I can find a Wii Zapper used and try it out.

My Backlog

romulux

how are you guys holding the remote? i get no issues resting it in my lap on top of the hand holding the nunchuk. it's more comfortable and more stable aiming like that than freely holding the remote, if that's what you're doing.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

irken004

romulux wrote:

how are you guys holding the remote? i get no issues resting it in my lap on top of the hand holding the nunchuk. it's more comfortable and more stable aiming like that than freely holding the remote, if that's what you're doing.

I do the same, and sometimes I'll use a small pillow in my lap if I'm playing for a few hours.

Spoony_Tech

My cramping will usually happen after a 2 to 3 hours session. Never to the point of quiting cus of pain but still need to stretch it out from time to time.

MERG said:

Tasuki

I usually hold the Nunchuk in my left hand and the Wii Remote in my right hand I cant picture how you guys hold it right now but it seems kinda odd. Do you not even hold the Wii Remote?

As for the cramping issue it doesnt cause me any pain its just after a few rounds I need to stop playing or switch to the CC.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.