Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,080

Machu

I was on the fence and had planned to try someone elses copy on Friday night and see what I thought. Now I've seen and read a few things I'm totally getting this on Friday. Classic Mode was the moment when i said "YES!". I don't like recharging health, it removes so much challenge. I am happy now. Also, leaning ftw. CC is for teh loozers ;P

Rawr!

Oregano

@Jon: I'm not certain of it but I think the implication may be that Trevelyan had been doing it whilst still operating as 006 and it'd still be a shock... he did get shot in the head.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

romulux

[quote=panda]I dunno about the "film-quality script,"
</blockquote>

i can only speak for what i've seen so far, which isn't too far since online has been distracting me from single player so much. it's a stretch to say that any game has a film quality story(in fairness, most films don't have a film quality script), but you know what i mean; rather than feeling like a tacked on addition it's one of those games where you feel like you really are living a compelling story as you play it. just like extraction, the story and game are pretty much inseparable from one another.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

JGMR

It already was in the shops today! Well i highly recommend this game, it's more than just a remake. It redefines Goldeneye as such. Great music by David Arnold too.

With kind regards,

JGMR

Kid_A

romulux wrote:

so far i think it's the best FPS i've ever played.

I'm tempted to agree with you. I just can't get into these hyper realistic, humorless war shooters. They're fun and all, but they just don't grab me. This Goldeneye game captures everything great about my favorite action hero, and, most importantly, it really makes you feel like Bond. It perfectly blends stealth and shooting elements, makes great use of motion controls, and has the silly, frantic multiplayer that made the first Goldeneye so great. Best shooter ever? I haven't played enough shooters to say. But it's quickly becoming my favorite.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Marvelousmoo

Okay here are some reasons my friends and i pooled together as to why the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer in MWR and just creates a great shooter in general:
> When you first pick it up, you can tell the difference in the feel between it and MWR. It has a much better sensitivity and feels more realistic and just better in general. In MWR it seems like you don't need to be too accurate to hit somebody, but in Goldeneye, you have to hit the person dead on, or they won't die. You can't just turn and corner, see your friend two feet away from you and kill him by shooting blindly.
> It has more of a fun arcade feel. The thing that I don't like about CoD is that it is so serious. People play it religiously to win, but in Goldeneye, you can just mess around and have fun, like video games are supposed to be. The modifiers, although I wish they were in greater quantity, add to this fun. With sticky grenades on, I threw a grenade at my friend, who unsuspectingly ran back at me and killed both of us. Then, with singularity on, we constantly ram into each other and and take each other down. I know that online play is the thing right now, but playing with friends on your living room couch can make it ten--no one hundred times--more entertaining and enjoyable.

The game is really good. If you haven't gotten it yet, I would recommend that you at least take a look at it.

Marvelousmoo

SuperMarioFan96

My experience with FPS games in the past hasn't been great but I'm definetely tempted to buy this. If it's liked by people who aren't fans of Halo and Call of Duty than that's a good sign, lol.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

irken004

From what I played so far, I still prefer CoD MWR, but this game is still good. I've been playing with my black CC Pro, so I'll try customizing my wiimote/nunchuk sensitivity tomorrow.

Spoony_Tech

irken004 wrote:

From what I played so far, I still prefer CoD MWR, but this game is still good. I've been playing with my black CC Pro, so I'll try customizing my wiimote/nunchuk sensitivity tomorrow.

I agree. There is just something about reflex that feels better overall. At least online. Still like it though and will finally get to play something with you since your never on monster hunter!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kid_A

irken004 wrote:

I must say, my enjoyment with the game jumped up about 10 notches once I started using pointer controls. And it gives you a huge advantage online if you master them

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

irken004

Tech101 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I agree. There is just something about reflex that feels better overall. At least online. Still like it though and will finally get to play something with you since your never on monster hunter!

Haha true, I'll be spending more time on this now than MH Tri

Edited on by irken004

Marvelousmoo

irken004 wrote:

I like the story of MWR a little better, but in terms of gameplay, this is a smash to the face </pun>. I would reccomend that you play with the Wiimote, as it is a lot better than the other options. If you want to try the gamecube, go ahead, but it is so bad. The run button is A, which means that you can't turn while running. You can't lean without the Wiimote+Nunchuck, and the weird combination buttons thing is a pain.

Marvelousmoo

Spoony_Tech

irken004 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Haha true, I'll be spending more time on this now than MH Tri I'll b back on Goldeneye in another hour if others will join me

I would love to but I'm out of town but might be able to play on my sisters Wii. I don't like the pointer controls as much as reflex so let me know if you configure yours to match reflex. They just seem more floaty and bouncy to me!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

hulklol123456789

Marvelousmoo wrote:

I know that online play is the thing right now, but playing with friends on your living room couch can make it ten--no one hundred times--more entertaining and enjoyable.

I agree ten--no one hundred times-- with that statement

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

irken004

Tech101 wrote:

I don't like the pointer controls as much as reflex so let me know if you configure yours to match reflex. They just seem more floaty and bouncy to me!

Agreed, I noticed that when I first used the wiimote/nunchuk. Then I decided to try the CC Pro, which works fine.

hulklol123456789

I gt a question about the split screen, lets say I got 1 wii remote and 1 gamecube controler. Can I be able to play with my friend, me using the remote, him using the gamcube controler? Or do I need 2 remotes, eve if we are using gamecube controlers ?

JonWahlgren

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I gt a question about the split screen, lets say I got 1 wii remote and 1 gamecube controler. Can I be able to play with my friend, me using the remote, him using the gamcube controler? Or do I need 2 remotes, eve if we are using gamecube controlers ?

You're good that way.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

hulklol123456789

@Jon Wahlgren, Uh? Eh? I don't get it... can you answer my question in a way that I can understand it, please?

hulklol123456789

Sorry guys, I don't understand , can you use 1 wii remote and 1 gamecube controler to play 2 people in the split screen, or you can't, and you need a different remote for each player, no matter wich control he uses?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.