Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey Early Review(s)

Posts 201 to 212 of 212

Z_Bone

It's a lot more than just a camera flaw...

Do the Mario!

kkslider5552000

I think the problem with this game is it was too busy trying to be "creative" it forgot to be a good platformer at times? I dunno.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

To me a camera has to be perfect in a 3D platformer, especially in a modern game where the 3D camera has been mastered. There are no excuses and no exceptions. I'm not bothering.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Mickeymac wrote:

To me a camera has to be perfect in a 3D platformer, especially in a modern game where the 3D camera has been mastered. There are no excuses and no exceptions. I'm not bothering.

It isn't even that it isn't perfect as much as it is THIS bad in a game that needs it THIS much.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gamesake

NintyFan wrote:

If anything, I think the game is a little on the short side, but that's a trivial thing at most.

It's not trivial, but Epic Mickey took me close to 28 hours to finish. You think that's short? Try playing Metroid: Other M--that's short!

kkslider5552000 wrote:

it's somehow worse than any game I played on N64.

Your statement (much like your belief in Little King's Story being a wonderful game) is false.

...in my pants.

SkullMan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think the problem with this game is it was too busy trying to be "creative" it forgot to be a good platformer at times? I dunno.

Very much so, I found the style and story much more engaging than the actual gameplay itself.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

CanisWolfred

Gamesake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

it's somehow worse than any game I played on N64.

Your statement (much like your belief in Little King's Story being a wonderful game) is false.

Both statements are non-refuteable. May people believe that Little King's Story is a wonderful game. That's an opinion, not a fact, you can't really argue with that. It all depends on tastes and perspective. Same with the camera. How do you know what games he played? They could very well all have greater cameras than Epic Mickey.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kyloctopus

The camera just trys to get mickey in a cool way, and at times it could be a little frusturating, but the story-line, and levels make up for it. I like comparing what me and my brothers do differently, and it turns out my older brother and I are playing two opposite games, his mickey mouse is dripping so much (Due to evilness and use of thinner) and my mickey mouse looks like it didn't even touch the wasteland

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

LzWinky

Koops3 wrote:

The camera just trys to get mickey in a cool way, and at times it could be a little frusturating, but the story-line, and levels make up for it. I like comparing what me and my brothers do differently, and it turns out my older brother and I are playing two opposite games, his mickey mouse is dripping so much (Due to evilness and use of thinner) and my mickey mouse looks like it didn't even touch the wasteland

Weird, mine dripped anyway and he used paint a lot

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LEGEND_MARIOID

Completed my first play through last week. really enjoyed it. The positives actually overwhelm the negatives for me. A game every wii owner should try. A bit rough wit the camera at times, I know - but boy, everything else is either "good" , "very good" or "excellent". Fantastic gaming experience.

HOWEVER, I won't be replaying it sadly as I need to e-bay it to build up paypal money for 3DS software. I'll actually miss this game in a wierd way.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Cia

i finally have this game and got only one thing to say: there's absolutely nothing wrong with the camera. if you're unable to adjust it you must be somehow disabled. Wind Waker had the same kind of camera. Also, there is a lock on to enemies which may cause problems if you're dumb enough to leave it on.

Cia

Xyphon22

OK, this will have spoilers if anyone hasn't played this game yet. So, does this game get any better? I wanted it because I love Disney and I thought the nostalgia of it would be awesome, and the whole "playstyle matters" thing sounded cool. I'm not very far in yet (I just found Oswald and am going to Tomorrow City), but so far the game is just pretty dull and neither of those two things are impressive. The playstyle doesn't seem to matter. I thinned out all of OsTown trying to find the third phone box and nobody cared, and then it was all back to normal anyways when I left and came back. And so far there isn't much as far as classic Disney stuff. The 2D transition sections are pretty simple and boring, and those are what I was most looking forward to. I don't care about what most people have been complaining about (camera, etc.) but the game just isn't that fun so far. Does the game, and these 2 aspects specifically, get better? I ask because I have so many other games I still need to get to (Xenoblade, Last Story, Sticker Star, VLR, Mario U, Arkham City) so I'd rather not waste my time anymore on this game if it is going to stay this boring. Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.