Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey Early Review(s)

Posts 121 to 140 of 212

CanisWolfred

hulklol123456789 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

That's funny. It seems like it's obvious, but I bet most people hardly use the C button. Like hulk said, it probably is because of players not reading the instruction manuel. They're usually not worth reading unlike the one for DKCR.

I don't know why people say they are noth worth reading, I always read them, and found them very usefull, yes, all of them!

Tutorials. Most games these days teach you how to play in game. If not, it's usually not hard to figure out.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

hulklol123456789

Mickeymac wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
I demand a re-review!

That's funny. It seems like it's obvious, but I bet most people hardly use the C button. Like hulk said, it probably is because of players not reading the instruction manuel. They're usually not worth reading unlike the one for DKCR.

I don't know why people say they are noth worth reading, I always read them, and found them very usefull, yes, all of them!

Tutorials. Most games these days teach you how to play in game. If not, it's usually not hard to figure out.

But sometime it IS hard, and other times tutorial are boring, thats why reading a manual, or just making a fast reading of it is always usefull.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Kid_A

We need to get the word out about this. Every review I've read has complained about the lack of lock on, and it's right there!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

SuperMarioFan96

Really? There is? I just looked in the instruction manual and it's not even written in THERE! I'll have to try that later.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Kid_A

@SuperMarioFan96
Yep, just hold C while facing an enemy. Works just like a Zelda game, and makes the combat significantly more streamlined.

CanisWolfred

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

I demand a re-review!

But sometime it IS hard, and other times tutorial are boring, thats why reading a manual, or just making a fast reading of it is always usefull.

I only read the manual if I have to, personally. I usually skip tutorials if I can, too. It's just boring and I want to dive right into the game. I figure out the rest on the way. It sucks to do that with strategy and simulation games, though. Epic Mickey doesn't sound like a game I'd have a problem with. Just press every button and see what happens.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

hulklol123456789

@Kid_A, are you doing the NL review of these game, or is anyone other doing it?

Kid_A

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Spencer's got it, I believe. I sent an email to Corbie about this (because I thought he had the review) and I think he passed it on to him.

hulklol123456789

Kid_A wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Spencer's got it, I believe. I sent an email to Corbie about this (because I thought he had the review) and I think he passed it on to him.

Ok thanks

Gabbo

Yes, that would be me. Still to busy playing to bother to write it up yet.

I was trying not to read other reviews before I was done, but thanks to this thread I'll make sure to mention the lock on feature!

Gabbo

Z_Bone

I still want that Nintendo Life review. I want a review from a real gamer that I can trust, not some poser who is out of touch with real gamers.

Do the Mario!

blurays

@Twario - If your a Disney fan it may be worth a purchase. The game has quite a few Disney cartoon and park references. The camera can be manually adjusted when there are issues with the camera angle most of the time.

blurays

Timwario

@nlifegamer
Thanks. My previous comment was deleted because I decided to get it after reading some of these comments. I hope I don't have to return it. I'll be posting my impressions after I play it for a bit.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Kid_A

I'm on the final-ish part of the game.
SPOILER ALERT:
Using paint on the first Phantom Blot and having him become your friend is easily the most heartwarming and adorable thing I've seen all year.

Z_Bone

Does anyone have that paintbrush nunchuck? It looks cool, but I wonder how it feels to actually use it?

Do the Mario!

Kid_A

Just beat the game. The ending is really spectacular; I sort of went the noble route, trying to use paint as much as possible. Without spoiling anything, just know that it's very heartwarming (though, depending on what sidequests you ignore, perhaps a tad bittersweet). Can't wait to go back through and use thinner!

Timwario

Well, after playing this game for a while, I'm not sure if I can keep playing. It just isn't my thing.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Kid_A

Twario wrote:

Well, after playing this game for a while, I'm not sure if I can keep playing. It just isn't my thing.

How much time have you put into it? Because if you've put a decent amount of time into it I'd really encourage you to stick it out till the end. The end, truly, is one of the best I've seen, and really made the game worth it for me.

Timwario

@Kid_A
I've gotten to Tomorrow City, and just stopped playing after that. I still have the game, and I might consider playing it until the end, but so far this just isn't my type of game. The fetch quests and paint mechanic are the things that I don't like. I just found the game to be boring. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just not for me.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Kid_A

Tomorrow City is by far my favorite level, so if that's not doing it for you I'd say you're probably not going to enjoy the rest of the game too much. And I agree that the fetch-questing is irritating and really throws off the pace of the game. You gave it a fair shot, I don't blame you.

But I absolutely love this game. I've already started my second playthrough--which I highly recommend to anyone who has beaten the game once. The level of depth in this game is insane; it doesn't really all reveal itself the first time around, but once you hop in a second time and change your play-style, you'll be amazed at the amount of work that went into this game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.