Wii Forum

Topic: Epic Mickey Early Review(s)

Showing 121 to 140 of 228

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Z_Bone

121. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

Wow, I don't know what's worse: the fact that the reviewers have been complaining about the lack of something that was actually in the game or the fact that it's never explained in the game and people never realize it. Who's at fault? The player or the developer?

Do the Mario!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hulklol123456789

122. Posted:

Z.Bone wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

Wow, I don't know what's worse: the fact that the reviewers have been complaining about the lack of something that was actually in the game or the fact that it's never explained in the game and people never realize it. Who's at fault? The player or the developer?

I mean, it is probably explained in the instructions paper, but almost all players (and reviewers) make the big mistake and do not read it.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

123. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

That's funny. It seems like it's obvious, but I bet most people hardly use the C button. Like hulk said, it probably is because of players not reading the instruction manuel. They're usually not worth reading unlike the one for DKCR.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hulklol123456789

124. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

That's funny. It seems like it's obvious, but I bet most people hardly use the C button. Like hulk said, it probably is because of players not reading the instruction manuel. They're usually not worth reading unlike the one for DKCR.

I don't know why people say they are noth worth reading, I always read them, and found them very usefull, yes, all of them!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

125. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

That's funny. It seems like it's obvious, but I bet most people hardly use the C button. Like hulk said, it probably is because of players not reading the instruction manuel. They're usually not worth reading unlike the one for DKCR.

I don't know why people say they are noth worth reading, I always read them, and found them very usefull, yes, all of them!

Tutorials. Most games these days teach you how to play in game. If not, it's usually not hard to figure out.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hulklol123456789

126. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

That's funny. It seems like it's obvious, but I bet most people hardly use the C button. Like hulk said, it probably is because of players not reading the instruction manuel. They're usually not worth reading unlike the one for DKCR.

I don't know why people say they are noth worth reading, I always read them, and found them very usefull, yes, all of them!

Tutorials. Most games these days teach you how to play in game. If not, it's usually not hard to figure out.

But sometime it IS hard, and other times tutorial are boring, thats why reading a manual, or just making a fast reading of it is always usefull.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

127. Posted:

We need to get the word out about this. Every review I've read has complained about the lack of lock on, and it's right there!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

128. Posted:

Really? There is? I just looked in the instruction manual and it's not even written in THERE! I'll have to try that later.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

129. Posted:

@SuperMarioFan96
Yep, just hold C while facing an enemy. Works just like a Zelda game, and makes the combat significantly more streamlined.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

130. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Hey you know how every review has complained about the lack of a lock-on system? There totally is one!
HOLD C TO LOCK ON TO AN ENEMY!
I demand a re-review!

That's funny. It seems like it's obvious, but I bet most people hardly use the C button. Like hulk said, it probably is because of players not reading the instruction manuel. They're usually not worth reading unlike the one for DKCR.

I don't know why people say they are noth worth reading, I always read them, and found them very usefull, yes, all of them!

Tutorials. Most games these days teach you how to play in game. If not, it's usually not hard to figure out.

But sometime it IS hard, and other times tutorial are boring, thats why reading a manual, or just making a fast reading of it is always usefull.

I only read the manual if I have to, personally. I usually skip tutorials if I can, too. It's just boring and I want to dive right into the game. I figure out the rest on the way. It sucks to do that with strategy and simulation games, though. Epic Mickey doesn't sound like a game I'd have a problem with. Just press every button and see what happens.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hulklol123456789

131. Posted:

@Kid_A, are you doing the NL review of these game, or is anyone other doing it?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

132. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

@Kid_A, are you doing the NL review of these game, or is anyone other doing it?

Spencer's got it, I believe. I sent an email to Corbie about this (because I thought he had the review) and I think he passed it on to him.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hulklol123456789

133. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

@Kid_A, are you doing the NL review of these game, or is anyone other doing it?

Spencer's got it, I believe. I sent an email to Corbie about this (because I thought he had the review) and I think he passed it on to him.

Ok thanks :)

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Gabbo

134. Posted:

Yes, that would be me. Still to busy playing to bother to write it up yet.

I was trying not to read other reviews before I was done, but thanks to this thread I'll make sure to mention the lock on feature!

Gabbo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Z_Bone

135. Posted:

I still want that Nintendo Life review. I want a review from a real gamer that I can trust, not some poser who is out of touch with real gamers.

Do the Mario!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

blurays

136. Posted:

@Twario - If your a Disney fan it may be worth a purchase. The game has quite a few Disney cartoon and park references. The camera can be manually adjusted when there are issues with the camera angle most of the time.

blurays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Timwario

137. Posted:

@nlifegamer
Thanks. My previous comment was deleted because I decided to get it after reading some of these comments. I hope I don't have to return it. I'll be posting my impressions after I play it for a bit.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

138. Posted:

I'm on the final-ish part of the game.
SPOILER ALERT:
Using paint on the first Phantom Blot and having him become your friend is easily the most heartwarming and adorable thing I've seen all year.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Z_Bone

139. Posted:

Does anyone have that paintbrush nunchuck? It looks cool, but I wonder how it feels to actually use it?

Do the Mario!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

140. Posted:

Just beat the game. The ending is really spectacular; I sort of went the noble route, trying to use paint as much as possible. Without spoiling anything, just know that it's very heartwarming (though, depending on what sidequests you ignore, perhaps a tad bittersweet). Can't wait to go back through and use thinner!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf