Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey

Posts 121 to 140 of 192

Kid_A

Grrr...I want to get this game, but I realized that Donkey Kong Country Returns comes about pretty much the same day. I have friends over all the time, so a multiplayer game wins over a single-player-only game every time. Plus, it looks amazing.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

WaveBoy

In a way, this kind of feels like a spiritual successor to Mickey Mouse's Castle of Illusion for the Sega Genesis.
I'm definitly getting more excited for this, and I really enjoyed that interview, he seems like an awesome guy!

WaveBoy

TheLZdragon

KanrakusPizza wrote:

I dont know what to expect from this one. Considering Disney hasnt really done anything with Mickey for a while, I dont have high hopes.

No, I have not seen the trailer yet.

Really? I believe they have done something with Mickey lately: http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/mickeymouseclubhouse/index....

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

hulklol123456789

Anyways Disney is not doing the game, is Juction Point and the director is Warren Spector, you should see some trailers, im extremly exited about these game, I just can't wait to play it!

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

WaveBoy

lz2010 wrote:

KanrakusPizza wrote:

I dont know what to expect from this one. Considering Disney hasnt really done anything with Mickey for a while, I dont have high hopes.

No, I have not seen the trailer yet.

Really? I believe they have done something with Mickey lately: http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/mickeymouseclubhouse/index....

That show is a disgrace to everything Mickey Mouse...The CG looks sooo artifical, stiff and bland. Why can't they just create a new cartoon instead.

Now THIS is Mickey Mouse. Talk about brilliant animation, and being timeless and magical!
[youtube:GbLXZpcL0Yg]

And this is the new Mockey Mouse Club House show......Good lord is it bad.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

TheLZdragon

@WaveBoy: Funny you should mention it looks artificial...because CGI is artificial

I agree, but I dunno if they could bring him back in all of his glory

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

XSakiX

LaytonAprentice wrote:

I'm not a huge Disney fan but at first I thought the paint/thinner looked like an original idea. The inclusion of "forgotten" Disney things is awesome too. The only thing I worry about is that the game is being over hyped and not living up to what people expect.

Yes for some reason Disney things can never be forgotten. i had a quick play on the game and it wasnt as epic as i though it would have been. but boy has mickey gone back to his old self from the 1930's and thats the one i like

Edited on by XSakiX

Animal Crossing Wii - 5242 6966 5638
Samurai Warriors 3 - 4641 4079 8182
SSBB - 2277 8176 3105
Mario Kart Wii - 1247 0254 4271

WaveBoy

lz2010 wrote:

@WaveBoy: Funny you should mention it looks artificial...because CGI is artificial

I agree, but I dunno if they could bring him back in all of his glory

Yep, but i forget CG is artificial once i enter the wonderful world of Pixar.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I told my wife the other day that I'm looking forward to all the awesome games coming out in the next few months, and she asked which games are coming out, in which I told her "Epic Mickey". Not more than 2 seconds passed and she goes "YOU'RE BUYING A MICKEY MOUSE GAME?", and then she burst into laughter. I really had nothing to say, except that it's supposed to be really good, but she just couldn't stop laughing and repeating that a grown man is buying a Mickey Mouse game.

I figure a grown man playing a Mickey Mouse video game is no more ridiculous than a grown man playing any video game.

No offense, but she seems alittle close minded....I mean seriously.lol It's a bit of a bone head immature response if you ask me. I've stumbled into too many idiots that I know who respond the same way, it's pretty annoying. Not directed at your gf, just that type of response.

As for me I can't wait to get my hands on this game....Hell I even feel like buying those classic Mickey Mouse Cartoon DVD sets. they're simply put brilliant. But I'm also an artist, and I've loved and adored cartoons my whole life, too many great memories and so many inspirations. It's the escapism, the vibrant colors, the out of this world characters and awesomeness of it all. My heart will never get old, and I'll always be open minded.

And I can't stand the people that brush Cartoons or anything overly colorful and kiddy looking off because they think it tarnishes their image....Yet deep down they know they love it(depending.lol). But they continue to be followers, and not being able to think for themselves, pretty sad actually. My brother is the perfect example of this, him and I are complete opposites....God do i hate gangasters! They are a complete waste.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

James

@WaveBoy Saying "no offence" before saying something quite offensive about someone else's wife doesn't get you off the hook, dude. Same goes for adding "jk" at the end. Just a tip!

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

WaveBoy

Sorry, I wasn't exactly directing it at her ...Was I? lol Nahh I'm just saying I've heard that type of response all before. The idiot comment wasn't directed at her, just to the people that i've heard one too many times say the same typical thing.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Dragon Ball Z is the most bad anime ever created, calling that childish is absolutely ridiculous. It deals with everything. It's nothing like Pokemon, Naruto, Bleach or those other mainstream anime shows you see on TV.

Except it never deals those themes in a mature manner. The action is fanciful and over ther top, the bad guys have no motivation outside of "cuz I'm evil", and the good good guys never have any motivations outside of "cuz its the right thing to do", despite possibly costing them their lives (not that it matters, since death is never more than a minor inconvenience). And of course, there's rarely much to the plot. Sure, it does dive into some issues, but most are forgotten as soon as the next bad guy shows up, which rarely takes long.

In other words, DBZ is no more mature than your average comic book. Even Naruto, Pokemon, and Bleach are more mature, as there's usually a greater degree of depth and character evolution, and even Pokemon deals with a wide variety of real-world issues.

Also, Waveboy, you picked the worst Sailor to have a crush on, since Sailor Neptune was a lesbian.

YoshiSage wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

but I feel anime is even more childish than video games.

Death Note.
Bleach.
Inuyasha.
Full Metal Alchemist.

That is all.

irken004 wrote:

@YoshiSage Those are pretty childish imo.

I didn't think anybody could say that with a straight fact unless you've honestly never watched them. Especially Full Metal Alchemist - http://anime.ign.com/articles/860/860537p1.html

Edited on by theblackdragon

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Popyman

@nintendonerd: Your wife has some growing up to do...>_>

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

SuperMarioFan96

Even if the ending itself were not to change, you'd probably have to play the game multiple times to see all possible ways things in the game could happen, although I do hope there are multiple endings as well.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

hulklol123456789

@Gamesake: what? what?

I have always heard that the game was coming in nomeber 30th, and it is still coming in november 30th. Aren't you confusing it with Flip's Twisted World?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

blurays

The release day of DIsney's Epic Mickey is still set for November 30 according to the official Disney website.
They may have already shipped some of the items within the bundled items since the release date is still a while
away and if the other items are already in stock they would have to hold everything else until Epic Mickey's release.

blurays

SkullMan

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I told my wife the other day that I'm looking forward to all the awesome games coming out in the next few months, and she asked which games are coming out, in which I told her "Epic Mickey". Not more than 2 seconds passed and she goes "YOU'RE BUYING A MICKEY MOUSE GAME?", and then she burst into laughter. I really had nothing to say, except that it's supposed to be really good, but she just couldn't stop laughing and repeating that a grown man is buying a Mickey Mouse game.

I figure a grown man playing a Mickey Mouse video game is no more ridiculous than a grown man playing any video game.

She's right though kind of. I'm a grown man and a gamer, and I think it would be a bit ridiculous of me playing a Mickey Mouse game aimed at children, rather than a game tailored for adults like Call of Duty of Gran Turismo. At 25 I can't be playing pokemon and I don't want to, I played the first one and that was it. That being said anyone at any age can enjoy any game they want.

But a grown dude willingly wanting to play a Mickey Mouse game does sound a bit ridiculous. Unless he is buying it to play with his child and bond.

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic