Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey

Posts 121 to 140 of 167

SkullMan

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I told my wife the other day that I'm looking forward to all the awesome games coming out in the next few months, and she asked which games are coming out, in which I told her "Epic Mickey". Not more than 2 seconds passed and she goes "YOU'RE BUYING A MICKEY MOUSE GAME?", and then she burst into laughter. I really had nothing to say, except that it's supposed to be really good, but she just couldn't stop laughing and repeating that a grown man is buying a Mickey Mouse game.

I figure a grown man playing a Mickey Mouse video game is no more ridiculous than a grown man playing any video game.

She's right though kind of. I'm a grown man and a gamer, and I think it would be a bit ridiculous of me playing a Mickey Mouse game aimed at children, rather than a game tailored for adults like Call of Duty of Gran Turismo. At 25 I can't be playing pokemon and I don't want to, I played the first one and that was it. That being said anyone at any age can enjoy any game they want.

But a grown dude willingly wanting to play a Mickey Mouse game does sound a bit ridiculous. Unless he is buying it to play with his child and bond.

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

hulklol123456789

@SkullMan, its not more ridiculus than a grown dude wanting to play a game in the one the main character is a monkey.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

RandomApple7

NintyFan wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I told my wife the other day that I'm looking forward to all the awesome games coming out in the next few months, and she asked which games are coming out, in which I told her "Epic Mickey". Not more than 2 seconds passed and she goes "YOU'RE BUYING A MICKEY MOUSE GAME?", and then she burst into laughter. I really had nothing to say, except that it's supposed to be really good, but she just couldn't stop laughing and repeating that a grown man is buying a Mickey Mouse game.

I figure a grown man playing a Mickey Mouse video game is no more ridiculous than a grown man playing any video game.

She's right though kind of. I'm a grown man and a gamer, and I think it would be a bit ridiculous of me playing a Mickey Mouse game aimed at children, rather than a game tailored for adults like Call of Duty of Gran Turismo. At 25 I can't be playing pokemon and I don't want to, I played the first one and that was it. That being said anyone at any age can enjoy any game they want.

But a grown dude willingly wanting to play a Mickey Mouse game does sound a bit ridiculous. Unless he is buying it to play with his child and bond.

What if he or she is a Disney fan? Is it ridiculous for Disney fans to eagerly anticipate Epic Mickey? There are just as many casual Disney fans that are excited for this as are gamers. I hope you know that this isn't the typical Disney video game, this one is for real. And I really hope that you don't think it's anywhere near kiddy, because just look at the screenshots of Wasteland and the Phantom Blot.

Spector and Junction Point will tell you that Epic Mickey is meant to appeal to everyone, not just kids. After all, isn't that what Disney's all about? It appeals to kids with Mickey Mouse and older players with its dark atmosphere and depth.

Great Statment.

Edited on by RandomApple7

RandomApple7

SkullMan

hulklol123456789 wrote:

@SkullMan, its not more ridiculus than a grown dude wanting to play a game in the one the main character is a monkey.

I'd say so. Please don't take shots at me and my love for donkey kong country, the new one is merely a fan service of nostalgia. I'm not into starting arguments and I have no idea how old you are. I'm saying that a grown dude wanting to play a Mickey Mouse can be viewed as very childish and immature. And while gaming in general can viewed ignorantly like that, a 25 year old dude wanting to play Mickey Mouse, Kirby, is going to get a hell of a harder time than a dude playing madden, call of duty, and red dead redemption.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

SuperMarioFan96

@SkullMan Donkey Kong is "merely a fan service of nostalgia," but Epic Mickey is......

Mickey Mouse appeals to everyone. Classic Disney cartoons, like the original Looney Tunes cartoons, appeal to all ages, not just kids. I don't see how playing a game about Mickey Mouse that has a lot of dark themes is any more "childish" than a playing a very cartoony game about an ape, or even playing a game about a plumber who stomps on weird brown mushrooms and turtles and collects mushrooms to make him grow bigger and rides around on a green dinosaur and.....

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

RandomApple7

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

@SkullMan Donkey Kong is "merely a fan service of nostalgia," but Epic Mickey is......

Mickey Mouse appeals to everyone. Classic Disney cartoons, like the original Looney Tunes cartoons, appeal to all ages, not just kids. I don't see how playing a game about Mickey Mouse that has a lot of dark themes is any more "childish" than a playing a very cartoony game about an ape, or even playing a game about a plumber who stomps on weird brown mushrooms and turtles and collects mushrooms to make him grow bigger and rides around on a green dinosaur and.....

Your right about that.Lol great description of mario.

RandomApple7

Malkeor

So..yeah...that Epic Mickey...oh boy, heh. Pretty exciting stuff...

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

hulklol123456789

New Disney Epic Mickey Trailer looks very very good!!!

These are baby blue Oswalds, or smomething like that, and we can see how Oswald, at first, hates mickey.

Edited on by hulklol123456789

StarBoy91

The more I see new trailers of Epic Mickey, the more I get interested in it. And that trailer that hulklol just shared is very cool.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

SuperMarioFan96

Oh ma goodness! That trailer was awesome! I wantz tis gaaame! D:

My Backloggery

hulklol123456789

@Wave Boy, well I already have a charger, but for only 2 controls , and don't have a 3rd one, and don't have a 3rd control so... YES!

SuperMarioFan96

There's a bunch of new IGN videos up. Check them out. They're awesome!

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

My Backloggery

D33G

I'm not sure if I'll get this...

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

DF2506

Well, I'm officially getting this game for Christmas.

So, yes, I'll wait a bit longer then some of you to play this game, but the wait will be worth it. The game is all pre-ordered and when it gets here, its going to be wrapped up for Christmas. must-resist

What makes it easier is the fact that my Wii isn't working at the moment. When I get the game for Christmas, I'll have to play it on another family member;s Wii. sigh Still, very happy to be getting this. It looks really GREAT!

DF2506

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

DF2506

@NintyFan. Thanks for posting that link. Very cool video! Can't wait to play this; with each video Epic Mickey looks better and better imo.

DF2506

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

th14

In Europe it's out already. Does someone have it and could share his/her first impressions?

th14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.