Wii Forum

Topic: E3 2009:The Official Topic

Showing 61 to 80 of 209

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

61. Posted:

@SuperSonic1990: Yes, and it's quite the lamentable situation. I'm playing FFIV on DS right now (or I was before I got COMPLETELY distracted by inFamous), and I've beaten it on PS1 before so I could play After Years any time I like by my standards.

@Adam: Yeah, that's cool, I guess. If you don't mind doing that sort of thing, go right ahead! I just put the warning out there in case you actually didn't know the potential ramifications somehow or something. :P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

Adam

62. Posted:

Stuff, I can see your messages, but you aren't getting ours. Sorry, don't know what's happening. (Referring to Chat)

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Machu

63. Posted:

re-inventing the wheel?!?

re-inventing the wii more like.

NATAL looks interesting, in fact, oh sh1t!

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

wanderlustwarrior

64. Posted:

Long, long, LONG whistle at "Natal". Damn.

I use the same username on TVTropes and youtube. look me up!

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

AuthorMessage

Teppo_Holmqvist

65. Posted:

Pretty neat piece of technology, although it requires some refinement. I just love the meltdowns on other forums.

Teppo_Holmqvist

AuthorMessage

jpfan1989

66. Posted:

watching E3... holy shit!

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

AuthorMessage

Machu

67. Posted:

Didn't like that 'waggle' reference they put in the b@st@rdo's.

Meh, I'm intrigued as to how popular that's gonna be with 'the hardcore'. I'm hoping what looks impressive now, will suck by the time we've seen the big N's plans.

Right frak you microsoft, I'm off to play Little King until about Ninty oclock 2moro. See you all then.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

VGM

68. Posted:

Loved the Natal,can't wait

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

69. Posted:

"Didn't like that 'waggle' reference they put in the b@st@rdo's."

I agree. It has some truth in it, but c'mon Microsoft, you wouldn't be announcing this "no controller" technology if it wasn't for the Wii.

Very good press conference. I wonder if Sony's already canceling their motion controller speech of tomorrow (apparently theirs was gonna be worst)

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Adam

70. Posted:

It was an absolutely horrible conference except for Natal, and even then that was just a cue card for high skepticism. Not only that, but the thing doesn't have a proper name yet, most developers haven't seen this new technology... I would be pleasantly surprised if it's ready for Holiday 2010 even. The mini-games (especially paint) looked boring, though I understand they're just demos.

I really don't see this working as well as they claim since the only demonstrators were already familiar. A random person from the audience would have been much much more convincing. I'm definitely intrigued though and will be watching for this.

Still, I want to see that interactive character applied to a game before I'm sold. As amazing as it is as a technology, I don't need a virtual friend, and I don't think most people do (or should). It'll probably just be a pricey novelty if that's their best software behind it.

Now the real question: Can Nintendo top this?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

71. Posted:

Well, I think to summarize the press conference would be best to do this:

• Good Xbox360 games if you're already a fan of what they have. They kept the core games coming - 2 Halo's is something most MS fans are gonna be happy with. The line up did not convince me as non-Xbox360 gamer as the only games I wanted to play were multiplatform
  • Xbox Live is incredible, it really is. Some good Arcade games as well as continuing revolutionizing the online world. Nintendo's far, far behind on this one. Only problem is that you have to pay for it all, really.
  • MGS to Xbox... yup. If you care. The only surprise, really. Not a big surprise since lots of people saw it coming, but still.
  • Motion non-controller Nathan showed lots of promise IMO. If MS pushes it really well it could set the standard. But they failed to show any games for it so far. Still, they did take Nintendo's ideas and carried them on a lot further.

Milo is creepy. Maybe good for women focused on a career with no time to raise a kid on their own?
Celebrity appearances failed to impress (mostly because they don't seem to care for video games, and Tony Hawk said "this thing is full of technology". Okay.) and the guy presenting the second half of the show was booooring. Boring. Well, at least no charts and numbers.
That is all.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Teppo_Holmqvist

72. Posted:

According to Seattle Times, Natal is priced at 199 dollars.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysb...

Teppo_Holmqvist

AuthorMessage

Adam

73. Posted:

According to me, Seattle Times is making up stuff:
"Prices and timing weren't available, but it won't be available until 2010 at the earliest and will probably cost around $200."
Emphasis added.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Teppo_Holmqvist

74. Posted:

Doh, my mistake. Still, it will be interesting how they will price this. Probably over 100 bucks knowing how Microsoft prices its peripheals.

Teppo_Holmqvist

AuthorMessage

Adam

75. Posted:

Yea, and while Milo is an amazing piece of tech, I think most will need some better game software before they're willing to plop down over $100 for a virtual pet friend. Lots of possibilities for this if it works as well as claimed. I can't wait to hear what the media has to say about it later.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

zane

76. Posted:

I saw Xbox Natal and im scared :(

@adam No way Nintendo will top this.

Edited on by zane

Old Nintendofan from up north...

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

77. Posted:

MICROSOFT: "Ha ha ha, isn't waggling dumb? Tee hee hee, that stupid Wii! All you do is stand around and wave your arms like an idiot! Anyway, here's our new thing, which is basically the same thing without the controller..."

@Zane: yeah, those games they demonstrated with NATAL sure looked fun, didn't they?

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Adam

78. Posted:

@Chicken
Yea, I can't wait to play their upcoming hit Natal games:

• Wave Your Arms Like an Idiot and Hope to Hit a Few Balls!
  • Put Your Head on Your Friend's Butt and Maybe You'll Look Like an Elephant! (Also featuring Splash Paint on the Wall!)
  • Virtual Friend (Perfect for all those lonely Xboxers without real friends)
    and my favorite:
  • Skate Boarding!: The Game That Renders the First Segment of Our E3 Presentation About the Motion Control Skateboard Peripheral Entirely Obsolete

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Teppo_Holmqvist

79. Posted:

zane wrote:

@adam No way Nintendo will top this.

If I cared for shooters, I would have been pretty happy with their conference. Hell from 14 announced games, 9 were shooters of some kind. But I must confess I'm pretty excited for Forza 3.

Teppo_Holmqvist

AuthorMessage

Adam

80. Posted:

I don't really get what's supposedly special about Forza. It looks like any other realistic racer. Aside from Facebook/Twitter/etc, that was the most boring part for me. Alan Wake looks maybe interesting. The best looking games to me were Modern Warfare 2, Splinter Cell (never played the original, but the story-on-the-wall thing is neat and I like sneaking in MGS), and that XBLA side-scrolling game. Already forgot the name.

MGS Rising is of course exciting, but I expect it'll be on PS3, too. Hopefully we'll get more details tomorrow or Wednesday at Konami's event.

The teaser for the new Halo thing was also silly. Look, it's a planet with people talking nonsense in the background! Oh, and it's called Halo! Must buy.

Better than last year's E3 though, for sure. If Natal ends up being all they say, next year will be pretty exciting. I think they jumped the gun by showing it now, but I guess you can't keep something like that secret for too long!

Come on, friends,