Wii Forum

Topic: E3 2009:The Official Topic

Showing 41 to 60 of 209

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

41. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Definitely, but it'll be fun to get together and make fun of Microsoft, too. :)

Well, if the new Zune is all that Microsoft has planned for E3 then count me in on making fun of them!;)

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Terra

42. Posted:

Forget it, I didn't think of it like that. It's just most people I know outside here have Windows and the IM service. Then again, that's just me.

Also, i planned to watch E3 through a live, online feed so there was also the issue of constantly switching tabs.

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Adam

43. Posted:

What's special about the new Zune, anyway? I'd really be laughing if they announced a Zune that plays games, too. That would be precious to watch Microsoft try to compete in the handheld gaming market.

While I'm much more interested as a consumer in Nintendo and Sony's presentations, the Microsoft conference perhaps is the most intriguing for me because I have no idea what they might have planned. I hope to be surprised at all the conferences but am sure I'll be surprised by Microsoft. Perhaps it's just because I don't follow their company news much.

@Terranigma
I have Windows but removed MSN. I could easily and quickly redownload it, but yea, I don't know that there's really reason to. I use the IM built into GMail and occasionally use Meebo to get on AIM, but not often. I'm not particularly into IMing anymore.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Terra

44. Posted:

@Adam
To Be Honest, I only really got it as I'm leaving school soon, just as a way to keep contact with some friends.

Terra

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

45. Posted:

So far, I don't see anything particularly special about the new Zune. That's why I find it so humorous. It's not that I have anything against Microsoft, I do own a XBOX 360 after all. I just don't get why they are still trying to push the Zune. It just seems kind of pointless in my opinion.

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

46. Posted:

Microsoft making a new handheld system? Oh no, no more Rare games on the Nintendo DS. In fact, I'm worried that they'll even canceled online function for Diddy Kong Racing DS (Despite not owning the game). To be honest, I don't think we'll be laughing at Microsoft's new handheld system for long.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Terra

47. Posted:

I'm going to watch Microsoft's conference, as well as Nintendo's. I want to know if there's any truth in that Motion Controls rumour for the 360. I really hope not, as then the Wii would lose the thing that makes it that much more unique (in the good way).

Terra

AuthorMessage

Adam

48. Posted:

Smash Fan, Microsoft has not announced a new handheld system, and I don't anticipate they will ever. I was just joking. The Xbox's main audience is males in their mid- to late teens and twenties, not exactly the strongest demographic in the portable market.

The PSP has had a hard enough time branching out beyond that small market, and it is unlikely that anyone would bother getting another handheld, especially with the Go and DSi coming out. A Microsoft handheld would be destined to fail.

Also, Rare can't cancel an online service for a game Nintendo owns which goes through Nintendo's servers.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Terra

49. Posted:

Who's definitely watching the Microsoft conference? I am.

Terra

AuthorMessage

Adam

50. Posted:

I plan to be listening to the live stream while playing FFIV After Years, if the feed streams at a decent rate. Otherwise I'll be following the blog and wishing I was playing After Years.

I'm on the Nintendolife Gabbly chat now, though I'll probably be idle until the show starts.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Terra

51. Posted:

I'm going to have to go between houses just before it starts, so I won't get on Gabbly yet.

Not sure whether to watch it on IGN or 1up yet. IGN's more likely to be busier, i guess so i may go for 1up.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

AuthorMessage

Adam

52. Posted:

I'm going to try G4. I figure most people who watch G4 do so on TV rather than on the web. It turns out I don't catch that channel though, unfortunately.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

53. Posted:

@Adam
I'll watch it on Gamespot, the show will start in about two hours, I'll be in the computer meanwhile so I'll enter the chat now, I'll be around. Btw let me know your first impressions on "The after years" I haven't play FFIV so I'm on the fence for that one.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Adam

54. Posted:

I haven't finished IV before, but I played enough to know I liked it, so I'll let you know what I think.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

55. Posted:

Don't play After Years without playing and finishing FFIV! You'll get the story all out of whack! And believe me, as relatively early as FFIV was as RPG's go, it has a GREAT story you DON'T want to miss.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

Terra

56. Posted:

The same day we get FFIV: TAY, the ESRB rate FFVII for the PSN. Sony will probably say something at their Conference, i have a feeling this was intended to be one of their surprises

Terra

AuthorMessage

Adam

57. Posted:

Have you played After Years, or do you know something about the plot? I plan on downloading it anyway because I'm not really one to care about spoilers -- a good story, in my mind, doesn't rely on surprises and can be read (or played) again and again. But if FFIV is released on VC before I finish After Years, I'll play through that first.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

58. Posted:

What I know about the plot of After Years is that it's a direct sequel to FFIV, starring the child of two of the first game's main characters. If THAT isn't reason to finish the first story before playing the sequel, I don't know WHAT is! But I guess that's just me. You're welcome to do things COMPLETELY out of order if you REALLY want to. :P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

Knux

59. Posted:

I would be more then glad to play Final Fantasy IV before The After Years,but Nintendo hasn't released it on the VC yet,darn!

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Adam

60. Posted:

Hey, I played MGS4 before any of the other MGS's, and I still loved it (and all the other games once I got around to them), so I think I'll be okay. :D

Come on, friends,