Forums

Topic: E3 2009:The Official Topic

Posts 21 to 40 of 188

WolfRamHeart

I'm mostly interested in the Nintendo conference, followed by Sony as a close second and finally Microsoft as a distant third.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

warioswoods

@Terranigma

Oh, the subject matter of my conference is real front-page material: Institutional Research. I'd rather not further dull this E3 thread by defining that, but I'm sure Wikipedia has a quick overview.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

@Terra

I was just kidding.

As for the times, at 6 hours to the times I listed for Central US time and you'll have London time.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

theblackdragon

if you get G4 where you are, Terranigma, they've had live coverage of E3 for the past couple years now IIRC, and they are promising coverage of the Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft conferences this year too. considering their E3 2008 site still has video of those conferences up, even if you aren't able to see them live I'm sure G4TV.com will have them up for you/us to watch afterward.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Adam

Hmm, live coverage you say? I might have a reason to watch G4 after all. Usually I try streaming it, but it ends up being unwatchable due to the bazillions of others trying to stream it, so I end up reading the live blog at IGN and wearing down my F5 button.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Twilight_Crow

@Adam
Thanks for the schedule.

I'm going to see them all, just for the fun of it you know, or at least I'll try, I'm going with the Gamespot streaming.
Of course, I'm mostly interested on Nintendo's conference but, I'm guessing another big failure, I hope I'm wrong.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Adam

I find Microsoft's are usually boring. I think their shows are too straightforward and not showy enough, but I am certainly biased. There isn't a single exclusive on their system that I'm interested in. Still, it's fun to watch all of them because you know people will be talking and joking about it for at least a couple months, often much longer.

Come on, friends,

Adam

In fact, when the presentations are going on, if anyone's interested we should start a Nintendolife chat instead of refreshing threads constantly to talk about it, perhaps using Gabbly.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Twilight_Crow

weirdadam wrote:

In fact, when the presentations are going on, if anyone's interested we should start a Nintendolife chat instead of refreshing threads constantly to talk about it, perhaps using Gabbly.

Sounds like a good idea but, how do you do that? and what is Gabbly? (I'm on my Wii right now and your link doesn't work properly)

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

Adam

Oh, probably won't work on Wii. If you put "gabbly.com/" before any URL, it'll open that web page with a chat on the side. It's a pretty nifty tool. It's basically running two pages in one, which is why Opera probably doesn't like it. You might need to use a computer to use it, unless someone wants to make a chat some other way that is more Wii-friendly. Gabbly is the only way I know, and seems the most convenient since you can continue browsing the site while chatting in the same window.

Come on, friends,

Twilight_Crow

weirdadam wrote:

Oh, probably won't work on Wii. If you put "gabbly.com/" before any URL, it'll open that web page with a chat on the side. It's a pretty nifty tool. It's basically running two pages in one, which is why Opera probably doesn't like it. You might need to use a computer to use it, unless someone wants to make a chat some other way that is more Wii-friendly. Gabbly is the only way I know, and seems the most convenient since you can continue browsing the site while chatting in the same window.

Ooh, well, I'll be using my computer during the conferences so, no problem in using Gabbly then. Better do this NintendoLife chat during the Nintendo's conference on tuesday, there's gonna be a lot of people around.

Adam

Definitely, but it'll be fun to get together and make fun of Microsoft, too.

Come on, friends,

Twilight_Crow

Yeah , but I read that you'd prefer to play "The After Years" than watching Microsoft's conference, and I bet your not the only one , still, I'm gonna watch it so I'll be around.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

Adam

If you mean the IM service, not everyone has it, and not everyone has Windows. Also, how would that be easier...? Gabbly requires no download or adding usernames. You just click a link. You can't get any easier than that.

If you mean something else, link, please?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

WolfRamHeart

weirdadam wrote:

Definitely, but it'll be fun to get together and make fun of Microsoft, too.

Well, if the new Zune is all that Microsoft has planned for E3 then count me in on making fun of them!

WolfRamHeart

Adam

What's special about the new Zune, anyway? I'd really be laughing if they announced a Zune that plays games, too. That would be precious to watch Microsoft try to compete in the handheld gaming market.

While I'm much more interested as a consumer in Nintendo and Sony's presentations, the Microsoft conference perhaps is the most intriguing for me because I have no idea what they might have planned. I hope to be surprised at all the conferences but am sure I'll be surprised by Microsoft. Perhaps it's just because I don't follow their company news much.

@Terranigma
I have Windows but removed MSN. I could easily and quickly redownload it, but yea, I don't know that there's really reason to. I use the IM built into GMail and occasionally use Meebo to get on AIM, but not often. I'm not particularly into IMing anymore.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

WolfRamHeart

So far, I don't see anything particularly special about the new Zune. That's why I find it so humorous. It's not that I have anything against Microsoft, I do own a XBOX 360 after all. I just don't get why they are still trying to push the Zune. It just seems kind of pointless in my opinion.

WolfRamHeart

ItsFuzzyPickles

Microsoft making a new handheld system? Oh no, no more Rare games on the Nintendo DS. In fact, I'm worried that they'll even canceled online function for Diddy Kong Racing DS (Despite not owning the game). To be honest, I don't think we'll be laughing at Microsoft's new handheld system for long.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Adam

Smash Fan, Microsoft has not announced a new handheld system, and I don't anticipate they will ever. I was just joking. The Xbox's main audience is males in their mid- to late teens and twenties, not exactly the strongest demographic in the portable market.

The PSP has had a hard enough time branching out beyond that small market, and it is unlikely that anyone would bother getting another handheld, especially with the Go and DSi coming out. A Microsoft handheld would be destined to fail.

Also, Rare can't cancel an online service for a game Nintendo owns which goes through Nintendo's servers.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Adam

I plan to be listening to the live stream while playing FFIV After Years, if the feed streams at a decent rate. Otherwise I'll be following the blog and wishing I was playing After Years.

I'm on the Nintendolife Gabbly chat now, though I'll probably be idle until the show starts.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.