Forums

Topic: E3 2009:The Official Topic

Posts 181 to 200 of 204

Rapadash6

Nintendo redeemed as far as I'm concerned. To announce not one but TWO Mario platform games, unheard of and both look promising. They could've ended the conference right after the Galaxy 2 trailer if they wanted but then to give us a look at a new Metroid game, completely out of nowhere, well that was just awesome. Nintendo, we love you again.

Future Wii purchases:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid: Other M
Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Sin and Punishment 2

theblackdragon

Rapadash6 wrote:

Nintendo redeemed as far as I'm concerned. To announce not one but TWO Mario platform games, unheard of and both look promising. They could've ended the conference right after the Galaxy 2 trailer if they wanted but then to give us a look at a new Metroid game, completely out of nowhere, well that was just awesome. Nintendo, we love you again.

this, and Flipnote Studio/Moving Memo is coming this summer! w00t!

i figured we'd get another NSMB game, but i didn't think they'd put it on the Wii. It looks like fun with four-player action like that. i wonder if we'll be able to play with friends via wi-fi?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Adam

According to an interview with Reggie, Miyamoto is at E3. He was not in the presentation because they needed time to show all their games, but he will be doing some sort of "round table" later this week. There are hints that a new game, possibly Pikmen 3, could be shown during this time. It's not unreasonable. Remember Brawl was introduced at the very tail end of E3 long after anything else had been revealed, and this will be with Miyamoto, who certainly wants to make a splash himself.

I'm not sure when this round table takes place though. Anyone care to shed more light on this? I wonder who else is in the round table.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kizzi

Maybe Miyamoto will announce a new Zelda!!!!!!!!

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Token_Girl

weirdadam wrote:

According to an interview with Reggie, Miyamoto is at E3. He was not in the presentation because they needed time to show all their games, but he will be doing some sort of "round table" later this week. There are hints that a new game, possibly Pikmen 3, could be shown during this time. It's not unreasonable. Remember Brawl was introduced at the very tail end of E3 long after anything else had been revealed, and this will be with Miyamoto, who certainly wants to make a splash himself.

I'm not sure when this round table takes place though. Anyone care to shed more light on this? I wonder who else is in the round table.

Wish they had replaced Iwata's million year long talk about market share and his pulse sensor (...zzz), then they would have had plenty of time for Miyamoto and the games. I honestly don't know why you guys are always inviting Iwata over.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

Chatham

@theblackdragon
It better have Wi-Fi!

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN Name: EricChatham
Wii FC: 1599-5101-5844-5527
Too many codes to list... E-mail me, add me, and then we'll go from there...
The #2 hookadikka
I have WiiSpeak, The Conduit, COD, All GH/RB, and pretty much everything else online...

astarisborn94

weirdadam wrote:

According to an interview with Reggie, Miyamoto is at E3. He was not in the presentation because they needed time to show all their games, but he will be doing some sort of "round table" later this week. There are hints that a new game, possibly Pikmen 3, could be shown during this time. It's not unreasonable. Remember Brawl was introduced at the very tail end of E3 long after anything else had been revealed, and this will be with Miyamoto, who certainly wants to make a splash himself.

I'm not sure when this round table takes place though. Anyone care to shed more light on this? I wonder who else is in the round table.

Maybe Masahiro Sakurai with announcement of Super Smash Bros. DSi and the creators of Pokemon. Wait, E3 still isn't over for Nintendo?

astarisborn94

Adam

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

According to an interview with Reggie, Miyamoto is at E3. He was not in the presentation because they needed time to show all their games, but he will be doing some sort of "round table" later this week. There are hints that a new game, possibly Pikmen 3, could be shown during this time. It's not unreasonable. Remember Brawl was introduced at the very tail end of E3 long after anything else had been revealed, and this will be with Miyamoto, who certainly wants to make a splash himself.

I'm not sure when this round table takes place though. Anyone care to shed more light on this? I wonder who else is in the round table.

Maybe Masahiro Sakurai with announcement of Super Smash Bros. DSi and the creators of Pokemon. Wait, E3 still isn't over for Nintendo?

I admire your optimism, but they are already in the Q&A wrap-up of the event, and nope. It was just Miyamoto with no new games, only vague hints of Zelda Wii and more details on already announced games.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ND799

Sony's Mod Nation Racing looks freakin incredible. I can't wait to get that.

Tekken 6, FF13, GoW3 and Mod Nation Racing all are going to get the dust off my PS3 lol

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein on the Wii

Adam

Yea, Sony's presentation wasn't that bad. Mod Nation and MAG looked awesome. Last Guardian of course looked beautiful, though the lack of a release date is unfortunate. The conspicuous absence of Fat Princess -- aside from a brief blip in a PSP montage -- was the most disappointing part. That game needs to come out.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Atlantis1982

weirdadam wrote:

Yea, Sony's presentation wasn't that bad. Mod Nation and MAG looked awesome. Last Guardian of course looked beautiful, though the lack of a release date is unfortunate. The conspicuous absence of Fat Princess -- aside from a brief blip in a PSP montage -- was the most disappointing part. That game needs to come out.

MAG was boring as all hell; I was like, "LET IT END PLEASE!" >.<
Mod Nation on the other hand was really interesting, but I don't have a PS3. Oh well, my lost.

Atlantis1982

Adam

Well, you're right, MAG was boring to watch, but it's an intriguing concept if only from a technical standpoint.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SteveW

A new 2D Mario on Wii? That's a dream come true! Nintendo ruled E3!

SteveW

TwilightV

Stupid cable company shutting off internet right before the big day (got to see it thanks to local library). I actually cried when I first saw Galaxy 2.

Also: I've had enough of these annoying "Nintendo has finally redeemed themselves" comments. Last year was bad for E3 in general, not for Nintendo. They're not obligated to cater to their customers every whim.

TwilightV

Atlantis1982

weirdadam wrote:

Well, you're right, MAG was boring to watch, but it's an intriguing concept if only from a technical standpoint.

I take it your not familiar with Massive Multiplayer Online games, do you? This is just a glorification of it that they took from the almost forgotten Huxley.

TwilightV wrote:

Also: I've had enough of these annoying "Nintendo has finally redeemed themselves" comments. Last year was bad for E3 in general, not for Nintendo. They're not obligated to cater to their "hardcore" customers every whim.

Corrected

Edited on by Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982

Adam

Atlantis1982 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

Well, you're right, MAG was boring to watch, but it's an intriguing concept if only from a technical standpoint.

I take it your not familiar with Massive Multiplayer Online games, do you? This is just a glorification of it that they took from the almost forgotten Huxley.

Everyone is familiar with MMOs. But the concept has not ever been brought to consoles for the FPS. I understand it is not like they are splitting the atom for the first time, but it is a first.

I actually hadn't heard of Huxley, though, so thanks. I'm looking into that now. Not a huge shooter fan myself, but the concept is cool, so I'll have to try it out if my computer can run it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Terra

Anyone think Square-Enix will bring Final Fantasy XIV to the 360? I only ask seeing that the 360 also has XI and will get XIII. I would just get the PC version probably but I'm just wondering. I think it'll happen

Terra

Atlantis1982

Terranigma wrote:

Anyone think Square-Enix will bring Final Fantasy XIV to the 360? I only ask seeing that the 360 also has XI and will get XIII. I would just get the PC version probably but I'm just wondering. I think it'll happen

No doubt, heck they are bringing FFXIII to the 360 anyway.

Atlantis1982

Stuffgamer1

Even if FFXIV DOES hit 360, I'll still get it on PS3 if at all. Same with FFXIII. I choose to go with the superior model.

I've calmed down about the lack of BC talk at Sony's E3 show, but I still don't think all THAT highly of the show as a whole. Mod Nation Racers or whatever could be cool. But that was pretty much the ONLY new piece of software announced during that show that interested me. Further coverage of Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 was nice, I guess, but I'd much rather have more new announcements. And not so much time wasted on Gran Turismo, MAG, and MGS: Peace Walker (though I hear MGS3 might actually work on my PS3 after all regardless of what Playstation.com says, so I'll need to try it...).

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Twilight_Crow

I wish FFIV comes out on both consoles, I'm planning to get one of them for christmas, but haven't make up my mind about which one yet, neither show was that impressive, the PS3 new technology attracts me a little more than 360s, but the lack of BC on the PS3 put me down.

@Stuffgamer1
How do you know which PS2 or PS1 games can be played on the PS3?

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic