Forums

Topic: E3 2009:The Official Topic

Posts 101 to 120 of 188

Objection

motang wrote:

Since there is going to stuff on CC: The Crystal Bearers from Squar Enix, Red Steel 2, of course HVS' two new announced games.

Actually, Crystal Bearers, announced around 2 years ago, is one of my most-anticipated games that E3 better hit on. IF S-E doesn't, I will be massively disappointed. Although 358/2 days will make that grievious wound feel better.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

hobbes

@Token Girl
It all depends on how much of the storage space is needed to create the buffer needed to stream a movie in 1080p. I don't know how much RAM the 360 has available, but I know for computers, when you stream a video on a service like Youtube, you actually download the video temporarily to your hard drive. I'm not saying the Arcade edition wouldn't work, cause I don't know how the streaming for the 360 will work on a system level. But for streaming 1080p quality movies, I would think you would either need a beefy internet connection or the ability to create a good size buffer.

http://www.backloggery.com/hobbes543

SpentAllMyTokens

If that's the case, if Microsoft is successful at marketing to casuals, there will be a lot of ticked off Arcade version owners unless they make it very clear that Arcade can't handle streaming, because probably most people will gravitate towards the cheapest version. (and even if they do make it clear then there will be a lot of angry people who are too lazy to read or listen to the commercial or whatever...). Who knows though.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

greyelephant

I finally watched the trailer for Natal. At first I was thinking this is the next big thing. Then I noticed that nobody did anything out of the ordinary while playing the game.
For instance, the kid who was playing as the monster. If you look closely, I'd swear the monster was moving before the kid, but that's not my biggest issue. My issue was that all the movements were exaggerated.

The kid scanned his skate board and made it look like gravy. Yeah, right! Belive it when I see it.
The person who was racing would have to relax those arms at some point in time, wouldn't they? With nothing in your hands, how do you predict where exactly you are going while you walk? How about shooting something? What about lighting? Is that going to effect the sensor? What about how far you are from the TV?

Worried? Not really. I'll just sit back and wait until after Nintendo tomorrow and give my final thoughts.

Mario Kart code, 4854 6869 0410 "Tim"
Animal Crossings City Folk Code:1119-1011-8429 , Name: Emily, Town: Peachy

Kidpit

Given the fact that we have Tatsunoku Vs. Capcom, A Boy and His Blob, No More Heroes 2, Wii Sports Resort, Tales of Monkey Island, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Gladiator A.D.,Little King's Story, Spyborgs, Muramasa, Monster Hunter 3 and The Crystal Bearers(The trailer on IGN says it's coming out this winter) coming; I'm set for the Wii. So as far as I'm concern, The Big N can announce what they want for the Wii (although I won't mind a announcement for a new Kirby, Starfox, F-zero, or Yoshi game)

Kidpit

Adam

From what I read, Ubisoft has something similar to Natal (minus voice recognition) for Wii? And it's going to be packed with some fitness game? I didn't see their presentation this afternoon -- completely forgot they had one -- so I am just going by what I've read. Anyone have anything to say about that?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

hobbes

Yes, Ubisoft is packing in a camera based control system with their fitness title. It seems to be NATAL with out the mic. Many of the titles they announced were Wii or DS titles, though many of them are what most feel as casual titles. Red Steel 2 looked cool though, not sure if I will ultimately get it.

On a side note, they spent the first 35 minutes of the conference talking about Avatar and didn't show any screen shots or gameplay footage. For a project that is already 2.5 years in and is due in December, you would think they would at least a trailer... The concept sounded cool, but... Thats all they really presented on it.

http://www.backloggery.com/hobbes543

Adam

Dang, I just saw XBLA is getting an enhanced version of Raiden IV. Very pretty. I hope Fat Princess comes out this week so I can feel a little better about having a PS3.

Come on, friends,

Knux

I went on a website,and there is a rumor that the new Mario game is New Super Mario Bros. Wii. What are your thoughts?
Today's the BIG day,it starts in 2 hours!!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Adam

That would be the best news ever, short of a Mother 3 localization. Pointless to speculate this close to show time though, so I'll just cross my fingers!

Also, a few of us had fun laughing at Microsoft's presentation together yesterday in chat. If anyone else wants to join us today, we'll be here.

Come on, friends,

nintendo87

microsoft sucked this year i think nintendo will kick A$$ this year!

wii 3229-9200-0934-2907
mkw :3179-7167-7341
bomberman blast 4468-3868-1040
DRmario 5600-8768-0503
Tetris 2793-3911-5894
onslaught 0345-6216-9036
Alien Crush 4941-0760-5763
3DS 5026 4420 7567

jangonov

The new mario game might be a new mario party though. Most likely with wiimotion plus

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

@SuperSonic: If they announce New Super Mario Bros Wii, I will pass out in sheer joy. (after the show is over, that is. )

I'm really hoping they won't announce a Galaxy 2 sequel. If they do, I hope it's for the DS. Hah, that'd be awesome.

retired_account

Adam

Don't give them ideas, Jangonov. Mario has partied all too much already. It's not 1999 anymore, Mario. Get to work already.

I hope it's a game where Mario actually has to do some plumbing. That would be more realistic. And every night after work you'd have a dream where you play a level of Super Mario Brothers only to die at the end of the level and wake up to the cold hard reality of a low-paying, smelly, thankless job that is a bit to labor-intensive for your portly physique. Oh, and at the end of the game you are working on a toilet for Peach who of course is married to a man named Bowser and has no interest in you. Then you have one final dream that is a bit weirder due to having eaten a bad mushroom where you defeat Bowser with your super jumping powers but are told by a mushroom that Peach is elsewhere. Then you wake up and die because the mushroom was poisonous. Thus ends our tragedy.

I think the contrast between his dreams and reality make it especially sad. Since we have so often shared those dreams and believed in them ourselves, it will be instantly relatable. Come on, Nintendo, prove to us that games really are literature.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Adam

Yes! I remember that comic. Poor Mario. Pay attention, children: This is what happens when you follow your dreams.

Come on, friends,

Knux

New Super Mario Bros.Wii confirmed! 4-player action included and it is coming out this YEAR!

Knux

Don

Is New Super Mario Bros. Wii a remake of the DS version with new features or a brand new game?

Don

Philip_J_Reed

I doubt they'd make such a big fuss over a remake of a game that's only several years old...it's got to be a full, new experience. The 4-player simultaneous feature sort of speaks to that.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.