Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Posts 461 to 480 of 748

Spoony_Tech

I think you guys are playing with a different control set up.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

2-D

Actually, SKTTR, if you go into the options menu, click controls and horizontal position, 1 is designated as run/grab. It's not in the manual as that, but it is on the game.

Strange!

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

Deviant_Mugen

Apparently, but anyone playing a 2D platformer without using the Wiimote sideways (and complaining about it) deserves to fail...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

SKTTR

ok i've just checked for myself, I'm using the nunchuck setting. that's why it's different. sorry.

yes, Tech101 you're right.

i wondered how i got to world 8-6 without running. now this makes the game somewhat easier.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Joeynator3000

Wow guys, seriously...calm down. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SkullMan

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Apparently, but anyone playing a 2D platformer without using the Wiimote sideways deserves to fail...

I'm using the nunchuck and it's awesome.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

JGMR

I'm at the 3rd map! "WOW!!" is my description of the first two levels i've been playing thus far...
Nincredible!

With kind regards,

JGMR

nintendonerd0011

I just wanted to show you guys the sign I was given by a very nice employee at Gamestop. It has Kirby Epic Yarn on one side and Donkey Kong Country Returns on the other. Easily one of the coolest modern signs I've ever seen!

Untitled

Untitled

nintendonerd0011

JGMR

Very nice! Especially the Kirby-side

With kind regards,

JGMR

Aviator

7-R was an awesome level.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

dap594

i have had the game for one day and I am totally addicted. I am on world 6 and just about to take on the boss. So far I havn't found it that hard, I have died a lot, but it isn't obvious your failing because you don't get annoyed. There needs to be more mine cart levels as they are awesome. Some levels are too short though. I also find that there is far too much waggling involved, i don't mind it when your ground pounding but rolling and blowing is just too much to take. I have only used the wii mote horizontally so far and I like it so I won''t change. The music is great and the graphics. One annoying thing is that the game doesn't go full screen, luckily my tv has a cinema layout so it fiits the screen properly. I also think that cranky kongs shop is pointless, the only things I have brought is the keys to unlock new levels.

3DS FC: 0731-4866-3403
Wii Console Number - 2645 9857 8526 1866
Mario Kart Wii - 0473 7945 5709
Mario Vs DK Dsiware - 4340 1381 7283
Flipnote Studio - X X left down Y L down L
GTA Chinatown Wars - 485536038726

SkullMan

dap594 wrote:

i have had the game for one day and I am totally addicted. I am on world 6 and just about to take on the boss. So far I havn't found it that hard, I have died a lot, but it isn't obvious your failing because you don't get annoyed. There needs to be more mine cart levels as they are awesome. Some levels are too short though. I also find that there is far too much waggling involved, i don't mind it when your ground pounding but rolling and blowing is just too much to take. I have only used the wii mote horizontally so far and I like it so I won''t change. The music is great and the graphics. One annoying thing is that the game doesn't go full screen, luckily my tv has a cinema layout so it fiits the screen properly. I also think that cranky kongs shop is pointless, the only things I have brought is the keys to unlock new levels.

Dude after one day I was like on world 1 still...get out and live!

I dunno I must say all the levels in DKC were always shorter. DKCR doesn't need anymore mine cart levels, as there are already too many. The music is good but that's because 95% of it is from the first game, which is rather uninspiring. Graphics are okay, nothing as stunning and trends setting as the DKC's were back in 94 on the SNES.

My game goes fullscreen, whatcha u talking about?

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

kaw270

ok I have just defeated music madness on level 7 but the path to the next level/boss wont open up, please help!!!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I just wanted to show you guys the sign I was given by a very nice employee at Gamestop. It has Kirby Epic Yarn on one side and Donkey Kong Country Returns on the other. Easily one of the coolest modern signs I've ever seen!

Untitled

Untitled

Mmm those are sexy. Why did the person give that to you?!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

salty1264

LEGEND MARIOID wrote:

Insta-buy

well im trying to insta-forget im not interested in this game somehow

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I'll be getting this in a week.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

salty1264

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Apparently, but anyone playing a 2D platformer without using the Wiimote sideways (and complaining about it) deserves to fail...

true dat

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

JGMR

SPOILER ALERT-RELATED QUESTION
How many times did the people over here die at that giant bat-chase? Just curious...

With kind regards,

JGMR

JGMR

NintyFan wrote:

90%27s+Gamer wrote:

How many times did the people over here die at that giant bat-chase? Just curious...

I don't remember, but it was quite a few, mainly at the part where it shoots sonar. I've gotten used to it now.

SPOILER ALERT

That's the part! LOL. I've just completed it using more than 23 lives. But i cannot blame the game, this game is perfectly balanced. If you die in the game, then it's your own fault. It has been quite a LONG time since i played such a challenging game! Up until now i got all regular collectibles; all puzzle-pieces and the KONG-coin. I read that the Time trials do not even show the perfect completion time that is required as last collectible for each stage

I also completed only 1 K-Stage (the first one that used up other tons of lives)...

SPOILER ALERT

Man, this game is so good, can't really express this in words

With kind regards,

JGMR

Aviator

NintyFan wrote:

90%27s+Gamer wrote:

I don't remember, but it was quite a few, mainly at the part where it shoots sonar. I've gotten used to it now.

I died more on the

SPOILERS AND STUFF
The minecart level in the Volcano, that was annnnnnnnoying.
END OF SPOILERS ND STUFF

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.