Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Posts 441 to 460 of 749

LordJumpMad

Odnetnin wrote:

Meant to post this a while back, but NL was down because of certain fairy man:
Untitled

I'm so using that for my Wall Paper

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

TheChosen

irken004 wrote:

Untitled
D: THE TIE.

Possible Donkey Kong kill screen coming up?

Edited on by TheChosen

TheChosen

JGMR

I'm really stunned by the level-design of the game. Just played Tidal Terror for the 2nd time, just because it's so amazingly well crafted. The music is stunning too. Both reworks and especially the new, original music really has that 'Rare-esque' mood.

I also unlocked the hidden stage on the first map; what a extreme challenge! LOL

With kind regards,

JGMR

MERG

I really suck at platformers...but I really like them. How does this game save? Does it work similarly to NSMB Wii in that you get through so maky levels and have to beat a mid-boss or a boss before the game will save?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Joeynator3000

Pretty sure it autosaves after each level.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ecto-1

MERG wrote:

I really suck at platformers...but I really like them. How does this game save? Does it work similarly to NSMB Wii in that you get through so maky levels and have to beat a mid-boss or a boss before the game will save?

Donkey Kong Country Returns saves any time you finish or exit a level. You do not have to reach certain levels or mini-bosses to save your game.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

SkullMan

Yeah sad too, because now Candy and Funky Kong have no reason to appear in the game anymore...

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Aviator

Oh god, I going to hate world 4. Stoopid minecarts.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

romulux

i don't know what people were on about when they said the bosses weren't any good in this game. every fight i've had up to world 5 has been amazing, maybe the minecart boss most of all.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Aviator

romulux wrote:

i don't know what people were on about when they said the bosses weren't any good in this game. every fight i've had up to world 5 has been amazing, maybe the minecart boss most of all.

I hate that boss atm, but I totally agree.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SKTTR

I'm in world 7-4 , 60% secrets, 50 lives.

The game is not as good as I hoped, because the controls are different than in a regular DKC game. As a DKC veteran I'm somewhat disappointed to get used to a no-run-button scheme and there's definately too-much-waggling (why blowing air at all? Where does that needless ability come from? Put it in a DS game, not Wii!!) and what is that with the jump-off-enemies-timing? It needs a whole lot of practice (why no hold-the-jump-button to jump higher like it always was? Why so casual-unfriendly in that regard? Why so perfect-controls-unfriendly at all?). There are too many changes in controls and there's not even Classic Controller support! I'm gettin gused to all the changes slowly, but I don't like em! The biggest fail is waggle to roll!
I suppose I need to play it for months like I did with the old trilogy just to forget the old control scheme (which was perfect in my eyes).

Also the new music isn't that good. The rearrangements are the best parts, but the new songs don't stand out at all. Some are really bad (one track has a sound effect that sounds as if my disc has a big scratch). Others are plain boring. In the sound test I found only one new song that was good - but it still isn't comparable to the old songs.

The graphics: They're good but not as good as they should.... Not as good as they were back in the day when the original DKC came out. DKCR's graphics don't set a new standard as the old DKC did. They're good, but ultimately DKC's graphics should be more than good.

The retro feel: You get Donkey, Diddy, Cranky and Rambi... That's it.... I definately miss a lot of the old characters, a lot of the old animal buddies. Also there are no underwater stages. Lame! Donkey can't even swim!!! Drop into water = Dead! You can't jump out.

Now for the positive aspects: The stages are great! The challenge is perfect! I just wish it had the perfect classic controls!!!
The bonus stages are fantastically hidden. It's addicting to find em all. And finally searching for all those K O N G letters has a hidden purpose (not just a 1-up).
And the bosses are amazing. All of the bosses are fun and much better than in the original DKC trilogy.

This is just the first day I'm playing this game - graphics and music don't mean that much to me so it's not weighing in too much - the only real personal downside for me are the controls. The game is cool enough - and I have to stop writing now to play it some more.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Joeynator3000

lol yeah, love having that audience during the bosses. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ircreative

Can I get a clarification please? I'm sure it's been answered but this thread is huge. There is three circles at each level, one for getting all the kong piece, one for all the puzzle pieces, what is the third one for? Thanks for the help guys!

Also, the "secret levels" people are talking about... those are just the minigames where you collect bananas for a puzzle piece?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whosoever believes in him shall have eternal life.

JGMR

I think the third one can be gained by completing the time trial of the stage?

About the secret levels; they can be unlocked by meeting certain criteria; by collecting as much of the collectibles (of the circles) as you can in all stages on that map.
These are challenging stages made for the hardcore audience only (VERY challenging my friend). LOL

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

SkullMan

SKTTR wrote:

I'm in world 7-4 , 60% secrets, 50 lives.

The game is not as good as I hoped, because the controls are different than in a regular DKC game. As a DKC veteran I'm somewhat disappointed to get used to a no-run-button scheme and there's definately too-much-waggling (why blowing air at all? Where does that needless ability come from? Put it in a DS game, not Wii!!) and what is that with the jump-off-enemies-timing? It needs a whole lot of practice (why no hold-the-jump-button to jump higher like it always was? Why so casual-unfriendly in that regard? Why so perfect-controls-unfriendly at all?).

I didn't mind the air blow it was kind of cool. The old game had a run button? DKC has always focused on timing and jumping on enemies to reach otherwise unreachable areas..what have you been playing?

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

hylianhalcyon

You can definitely run in DKCR, you just hold the grab button. :/

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

Deviant_Mugen

Seriously, SKTTR, how have you not figured out that you can run just by holding down the 1 button? Also, I'm pretty sure you've always had to press the jump button as you land on enemies to gain greater height, and it could not be easier to pull off in this game...

I haven't played in a few days; I'll probably set aside a day for passing it...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

JGMR

SPOILER ALERT
I love the stage with the blue whale. Kenji Yamamoto and his team made an outstanding re-composition of the Aquatic Ambience theme in that stage!
SPOILER ALERT

With kind regards,

JGMR

SKTTR

.DKCR is a slow grower, but now I really like it

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Deviant_Mugen

Wow, you're quite ignorant, aren't you? You must've missed my previous posts, which state that I've completed 3 Worlds, so, yes, I have played this game. And if you can't grasp the simple concept of holding down the 1 button to run, then you don't deserve to be playing this game. As for the jumping thing, apparently the old DKC games do allow you to jump higher by simply holding the jump button, but it's not this way here, so suck it up and step up your game...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.