Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Posts 421 to 440 of 749

Joeynator3000

I enjoy the boss music, some of them I liked like the Mole Train and the Factory boss. (whatever his name is)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SkullMan

I just beat that factory boss, he was quite entertaining. I loved the first lava level, even the music stood out. I did have use my gold donkey kong to beat the factory boss, though I only used about 3 out of 10 of my free hits.

Wondering if someone might know, does a bronze medal count in time attacks as long as you have any medal right, or do you need a gold to 100% the game?

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

nintendonerd0011

Does anyone know if using Squaks to get puzzle pieces does anything bad to your game file? Like how if you got the super guide in NSMB your file wouldn't sparkle. There are quite a few puzzle pieces I haven't gotten, and some of them are very hard to find.

nintendonerd0011

Joeynator3000

Not sure about the Squawks question, but I'm pretty sure Time Attacks don't affect percentage at all...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SkullMan

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Not sure about the Squawks question, but I'm pretty sure Time Attacks don't affect percentage at all...

No? Because the bosses have time attacks too, what do you get for getting all the time attacks?

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

nintendonerd0011

NintyFan wrote:

I completed all the levels and boss battles in Mirror Mode now, and I got the rest of the concept art I was missing. With my game file at 200% and my image gallery complete, I think that unless they unlock more music or raise the percentage, the time attacks are just for fun.

Squawks doesn't affect your file negatively. If he did, I wouldn't have gotten to where I am today.

Alright, great! Thanks for the reply.

I don't even think I'm going to try the time trials. I would consider it if they gave you something for getting gold in all of them, but the fact that there is a "shiny gold" is unreal. I wasn't able to get gold on any of the levels I tried, so I couldn't even imagine going for shiny gold in all of the levels.

nintendonerd0011

SkullMan

I can barely get the bronze in time attacks, I don't know how some people are doing it.

nintendonerd0011

SkullMan wrote:

I can barely get the bronze in time attacks, I don't know how some people are doing it.

Me neither. It honestly must take hours to get shiny gold on a single level, and I couldn't even imagine getting shiny gold on some of the more difficult levels later on in the game.

I just got done beating the game. The last boss was really cool, and the ending was awesome! I didn't get all of the KONG letters in world 8 and haven't beaten 8-K yet, so I don't have a 100% game. Hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow night.

nintendonerd0011

SkullMan

That is awesome.

Deviant_Mugen

@irken: You read that article on Destructoid, too, huh?

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

the_shpydar

Holy crap, Billy's tie ... that is the most awesome easter egg i've ever seen. =D

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Deviant_Mugen

Untitled
↑ Destructoid's picture.

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

nintendonerd0011

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I just got KONG letters on all of the levels and beat 9-1 to unlock mirror mode. I knew about mirror mode as I had heard about it by accident online. What I didn't know is that you can't use diddy or inventory items AND you only get 1 heart (meaning you can't get hit at all). Is this even possible? Does anyone know what you get for completing all the levels in mirror mode? It better be the best unlockable of all freaking time!
This game would take damn near forever to beat if you wanted to truly beat it 100%. By 100% I mean beat the entire first half of the game like I did, collect all puzzle pieces, complete mirror mode entirely, and get shiny gold on every single level!. I might try this, if I had nothing else to do but play this game for the rest of my adult life. lol.
I really enjoyed this game, but even mirror mode is going to be very frusterating for me, so I think I'm going to call it quits at 100%. After all Epic Mickey comes out tomorrow, and I'm picking it up first thing.

nintendonerd0011

SkullMan

I'm on the final boss and damn is he cheap.

JGMR

It got released today over here and i got myself a copy. And so was the Super Mario All-Stars pack released today...which i'm not interested in to be honest.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

nintendonerd0011

90's Gamer wrote:

It got released today over here and i got myself a copy. And so was the Super Mario All-Stars pack released today...which i'm not interested in to be honest.

You're going to love it! Good luck on the mine cart levels, 6-K- and 8-2! lol.

I'll still be buying Super Mario All Stars, even though I own these games I believe around 4 times each. LOL. I'm pretty much the customer Nintendo loves having in these situations.

nintendonerd0011

JGMR

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

90%27s+Gamer wrote:

You're going to love it! Good luck on the mine cart levels, 6-K- and 8-2! lol.

I'll still be buying Super Mario All Stars, even though I own these games I believe around 4 times each. LOL. I'm pretty much the customer Nintendo loves having in these situations.

Thanks, hehe. I've played it just now, completed the first world, without collecting all the hidden puzzle-pieces (only one puzzle was completed), and the hidden stage is still locked too. Up until now the game is absolutely fantastic in my opinion. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Goldeneye, Other M, Donkey Kong Country...what a year!

With kind regards,

JGMR

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.