Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Posts 361 to 380 of 749

Joeynator3000

Wish this forum had spoiler tags...but yeah, I'm on the Factory boss. Probably the only problem I'm having is I have a hard time telling when the lights go red and he does that fast sidestepping thing where you can't get under him. Anybody have tips on this guy?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

nintendonerd0011

How are you guys getting gold on the time trials? I couldn't get gold on even the first two levels. I was able to get silver on them, but I was still quite a ways off from getting gold. Are there secret passageways that need to be used, or are you guys just rolling through the entire level?

nintendonerd0011

Joeynator3000

Never mind, I defeated him...stupid chicken. >_>
...Lemme know if anyone can find this game's soundtrack, I wanna find it now, lol.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

kaw270

I have a question, when you're on a map, and your about to get into the level there are 3 blank icons at the top left 1 is for kong letters 2 is for puzzle pieces, but what is the 3rd for?

Kaeobais

I did NOT expect the Time Attacks to be so hard. I can't even get gold on the first stage. I did a literally perfect run, rolling and jumping repeatedly to keep speed at it's highest, and didn't stop even once, and I still was off by 17 miliseconds DX

Also, the 3rd symbol is the time attack medal, Kaw.

Edited on by Kaeobais

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

UltraRobPrime

JumpMad wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Untitled
Look at who decided to show up (look in the back)

Yeah, I was really amused when he showed up on the screen. Foggy Fumes sure is the best place for him!

Good to see Mr.Game & Watch still has a Job at Nintendo......unlike a certain Blue Bounty Hunter.

I want Stanley the Bugman to have his own game series.

Retro Studios, go reboot Star Fox. The franchise needs it.

Watch my creation! http://youtu.be/ZSt_6oFZajk

kaw270

thanks shadx,I thought that was it, haven't tried time attack yet, I want to beat the game first

Kingbuilder

Dang! There is so much hate for this game on Backloggery. It's surprising to see how nostalgia has blinded even the site administrators to the point of where they just plain dislike the game. Even I, someone who has never enjoyed the Donkey Kong games, am finding this game fantastic. Of course, the game has it's faults, but there's a certain point where whining because you can't pick up speed while rolling is enough.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

SkullMan

Odnetnin wrote:

@SkullMan I don't know if you can call someone an amateur when the game just game out and two others agree with him about it being so hard.

Uhhh, thats the joke dude. I called him an amateur because I he didn't even die half as much as I did on that level.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Deviant_Mugen

@NintyFan: Sounds awesome, that's what the game must've been alluding to when certain locked gallery items' descriptions read "only the most dedicated player will unlock this"...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

blurays

SPOILER:
@NintyFan - To beat the game entirely, you have to beat the Time Trials and Mirror Mode runs which
brings your game completion status to close to 200/300%.
The Mirror Mode for those later levels is punishing considering you have to beat them without getting hit once AKA daredevil run.

Edited on by blurays

blurays

Rob_mc_1

Donkey Kong Country Returns is a good game but I found that the life system is off balance between 1 and 2 players.

For example, in single player mode If you have Diddy and you have all for hit points and jump into a pit you loose 1 life however in two player mode if you both fall in the pit and have the same number of hit point between you as single player then you loose 2 lives.

I would normally have no problem with the 2 lives each being lost however there are 2 main reasons why I have an issue.
1) For each life you have a max of 2 hit points instead of 4.
2) If you both die they respawn both of you for 2 lives instead of 1 person for 1 life.

My problem with the second is that there is usually a DK barrel next to the respawn point anyway so you could save a live each time. Also there is no need to force the second player to join when you can buy a DK barrel if you choose to.

There is an issue with buying a barrel too. If the second player is unable to get the barrel before it gets past the bottom of the screen that just cost you another life. That means that buying a barrel on forced side scrolling levels like the whale level is a waste of life with each time you call a barrel.

Now I expected to use a lot of lives in this game however I had my Sister over yesterday and we went through all my stock piled lives more then twice as fast then if I had of used them on my own.

You will go through lives fast in this game and if you have a stock pile in your own profile then you may want to reconsider having a friend join you. We went through over 100 lives in about 2 hours.

Play alone.

♠♦♣

GreenThunder

kaw270 wrote:

I have a question, when you're on a map, and your about to get into the level there are 3 blank icons at the top left 1 is for kong letters 2 is for puzzle pieces, but what is the 3rd for?

Time Attack. I can't get a gold medal on the 1st stage of time attack , its like you must be PERFECT or else! 59 seconds is the best I can do.

Edited on by GreenThunder

GreenThunder

she_gamer

Ok here's my question, in terms of difficulty in SINGLE PLAYER ONLY, how does it compare with NSMBWii? More or less difficult?

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Deviant_Mugen

@she_gamer: Way more. The only stages that were difficult in NSMBWii were in World 9...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

GreenThunder

Odnetnin wrote:

Yeah NSMB Wii was a cakewalk for the most part. In fact it was so easy it's the only game I've ever 100%'d. This however, I'm not seeing any way to do the same, let alone get 200%.

I know what you mean. These Time Attacks will be the death of me! What am I gonna do if I can't even get the 1st level's gold medal!

GreenThunder

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.