Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Posts 121 to 140 of 748

hulklol123456789

I want these game, but ive heard that it is going to be too hard, ouch, I don't like alot hard platformers , anyways maybe I can give it a try

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

romulux

i think this looks way better than nsmbw too, as far as being faithful to the style of the old games. i didn't like the look of 3d rendered mario as much as the old 2d sprites, but since donkey kong was always 3d rendered in some way it looks great with polygons. better visuals aside, it really does look like someone made a 4th dk game and forgot about it for over a decade.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

JGMR

I totally agree with romulux

With kind regards,

JGMR

Kid_A

romulux wrote:

i think this looks way better than nsmbw too, as far as being faithful to the style of the old games. i didn't like the look of 3d rendered mario as much as the old 2d sprites, but since donkey kong was always 3d rendered in some way it looks great with polygons. better visuals aside, it really does look like someone made a 4th dk game and forgot about it for over a decade.

Another edge it has over NSMBW is that it looks like this game is actually doing new things for the franchise. Sure, NSMBW added multiplayer, but that was about it gameplay-wise. DKCR looks like it's doing some really cool, unique stuff.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

So far DKCR is known to have:

• Multiplayer
  • New levels
  • New abilities
  • Motion controls
  • Plane switching

NSMBW had

• Multiplayer
  • New levels
  • New abilities
  • Motion controls

NSMBW threw something new at the player constantly from level to level. DKCR looks like it could live up to that, too. But aside from the plane switching, which is far, far from a new concept in side-scrollers (nor a particularly amazing concept), I fail to see what it's doing gameplay-wise that NSMBW hasn't already done in spades.

I know Retro hadn't seen NSMBW when they started on this, but it looks basically like they've ended up with the NSMBW version of DKC, and I couldn't be more excited about that.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Sean_Aaron

Original Donkey Kong arcade games as easter eggs or unlockables would be super-awesome, but I'm doubting that will happen. Since a Mario collection is apparently on the way, what are the odds of Nintendo doing an arcade compilation?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

OverlordMao

Man, this looks so great (gameplay-wise, as well as graphics). I'm kind of a newbie to the series, but not really.
HEY KIDS, IT'S STORYTIME.

I was born in 94' and I had a game boy back in 99', so I played DKC1 and totally SUCKED at it (didn't even beat the first world). It was hard, so I lost the cartridge and moved on.
FLASH FORWARD TO 09'
I found out the DKC series is on the virtual console. So I figured "Well, I'm a much better gamer now, so I should at least give it a shot."
I had SO MUCH FUN. The music was great, the gameplay is fantastic, and I have really adored DKC2 in the past few months.
END STORY

So, yeah, DKC Returns is a day one purchase that's already got a full reserve down on it for me.
sits in corner humming the DKC1 title screen theme

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

grumblebuzzz

I'm looking forward to DKCR; The gameplay looks fantastic, challenging and fun. The only complaint so far that I have is no Kremlings, but I guess that those characters were created by Rare so Nintendo probably would have to pay a hefty licensing fee to use them. =/

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

OverlordMao

badmouthsadmouth wrote:

I'm looking forward to DKCR; The gameplay looks fantastic, challenging and fun. The only complaint so far that I have is no Kremlings, but I guess that those characters were created by Rare so Nintendo probably would have to pay a hefty licensing fee to use them. =/

Yeah, and why would anyone want to give Rare actual MONEY for the crap they've been churning out lately?

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

lilboyblue

If it has online it would be a Triple A looking title in my book.

lilboyblue

hulklol123456789

Hmmm nope, im not going to get it, I heard it was extremly hard in alot of previews, and well I really don't like hard platformers, Im more looking forward to Kirby's Epic Yarn

@lilboyblue, it will have no sin to have online.

Edited on by hulklol123456789

LordJumpMad

Did someone say, They Liek Donkey Kong Country
[youtube:5MecV47MbkY]

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Kid_A

@JumpMad
Please...don't ever show me that again
that's what she said

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

noblo601

@jumpmad - now that is probably the reason the kremlings aren't in this upcoming game. I too would be trying to distance myself from that show!

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

hulklol123456789

JumpMad wrote:

Did someone say, They Liek Donkey Kong Country
[youtube:5MecV47MbkY]

Awesome video!!!!

ReddLionz

WTF? Was that like a...TV show or something?
@Kid_A clever XD

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

hulklol123456789

Oh the kremlings everyone is talking about are those aligators? those cocodriles? OMG, a DKC game without them is like a mario game without koopas.

NintendoCoDGamer

That video was once a VCR and I think I recall watching it.

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

hulklol123456789

@PunnyGuy, hmm nice, but the block somehow can block the players view, anyways hope Im wrong and hope that these game won't be to difficult.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.