Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Adam

It's what's on the inside that counts.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

hulklol123456789

Adam wrote:

It's what's on the inside that counts.

Yah I know that , and I hope the inside to be good.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Kid_A

Really? They take out Dixie Kong? The only female character?? God this game is sexist. 2/5

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

romulux

what a sexist thing to say. 2/5 for your post.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

ShadowSniper7

I'm kinda disappointed that they are removing all the Kremlings. A new Mario game with all new enemies would feel sort of distant. I'm hoping this game doesn't turn out that way.

gameblog.me Linking all the best free online games to you!

Adam

I agree. The Kremlings will very much be missed. It's not like the more serious games like Zelda or Metroid where we need explanations for characters and minions to continue to exist and to pester our heroes. It's a game about monkeys jumping on crocodiles.

At first I suspected it was an issue with Rare since they created the Kremlings, but DKC is on VC, so it doesn't seem like a problem for Nintendo to continue making money off them. Even the flying pigs from the Gameboy games would be nice.

Come on, friends,

SKTTR

Kid_A wrote:

Really? They take out Dixie Kong? The only female character?? God this game is sexist. 2/5

You forget Tiny Kong... and if we count non-playable characters there's still Candy Kong.

I think Dixie Kong and the Kremlings have good chances... I mean they at least appeared in Donkey Konga 2.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Adam

Retro said there'd be no Kremlings, actually, and that the only playable characters would be DK and Diddy, as they wanted to go "back to basics." So it looks like they have no chances, actually, unfortunate as that may be (I could do without Dixie, really).

Come on, friends,

MrB4

On the list of my games to get, well that, and Epic Mickey, Kirby, NBA Jam, and many others.

Like me or Hate me, I will never change, so just deal with it.

Kaeobais

You know what I want to see in this? The faux credits. After the last boss, I'd love for the credits to roll for a second (with fake names of course) and then for it to go back to the boss and have him get back up.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Adam

I want to see a faux title screen, where you see the title (fake title, of course), and then it goes back to the Wii menu and you have to click the disc channel again.

Come on, friends,

romulux

Shadx wrote:

You know what I want to see in this? The faux credits. After the last boss, I'd love for the credits to roll for a second (with fake names of course) and then for it to go back to the boss and have him get back up.

i remember when it came out, my cousin and i finally thought we beat the game. then we looked up during the credits and we were dead and had to do it all over again.

Rais

Personally I am not going to be purchasing Donkey Kong Country Returns. Why, you might ask? It's very simple. They claim to want to give us a feel of nostalgia, and yet they strip half of the nostalgia away.

Imagine how Super Mario Bros Wii would have been if they'd completely removed all the enemies and the bosses and replaced them with only enemies from "Super Mario Bros 2". The Kremlings are to Donkey Kong like the Goombas are to Mario. They're stripping away their classic enemies and giving them evil "Tiki" instead? What the heck is wrong with Nintendo?

When I buy a Mario game I expect to see Bowser. You delivered there. When I buy a DKC game I expect to see Kremlings, and you're completely failing me here. And while it's true that DK has had other villains, those were not "Country" games, but other series or spinoffs.

Rais

SavageBlackWolf

Love (most) of the DK series. I`ll buy this one, too.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1642-3519 Wiiu GramolkinOwl

romulux

rais, i don't think retro ever promised a nostalgiafest with their title. they're treating it more like another legitimate entry into the series, and from the looks of it they're succeeding wildly. personally, i don't care if i'm stepping on the same silly jungle animals used in the first three games or not, as long as it's good.

JGMR

The game looks too much fun to ignore because of the absence of my favourite Kremlins, in my opinion...

With kind regards,

JGMR

noblo601

This looks so awesome! I am definately going to buy this day one. NSMB was awesome and I this looks as good if not better. Donkey Kong looks like he wont be as heavy to control compared to the first donkey kong country.

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.