Forums

Topic: Do you think Just Dance 2016 and Skylanders 5 are going to get Wii versions?

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

CrazyOtto

It looks like even licensed movie games don't get Wii versions anymore and the only other game scheduled to come out on Wii this year is Cartoon Network: Backlot Party. I personally hope Just Dance 2015 and Skylanders: Trap Team were the last to get Wii versions so the doors can finally be closed for this console.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Sisilly_G

The Penguins of Madagascar and Fifa 15 were recently released on Wii so it isn't entirely out of the question, but I think that enough time has now passed since the release of the Wii U that releasing a Wii version is no longer financially viable. Hardly any Wii games (apart from a few unsold shovelware titles and the Nintendo Selects range) are readily available nowadays, so I'd assume that most players would have moved to a new console by now.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Jacob717

I think those games will come on the original Wii. Just Dance 2015 sold 1.59 million copies on the Wii, so I think they'll one since there is an install base.

And Skylanders Trap Team sold best on the Wii (as far as physical sales anyways) so I think they'll make another one for the Wii, but I think this will be their last year.

Jacob717

Sisilly_G

Dipper723 wrote:

I think those games will come on the original Wii. Just Dance 2015 sold 1.59 million copies on the Wii, so I think they'll one since there is an install base.

Is that accurate? A lot of Wii U's best games haven't even sold that many copies. =O

If it has in fact sold that many, then I have no doubt that the next one will be released on Wii as well.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Yoshi_Prime

A fifth Skylanders game?! ... I shouldn't be so surprised.

But, out of all the consoles it sells on, it does get the most sales on the Wii, you're right. Still, sales have been going down on every iteration (with a slight uptick on the third game).

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

iKhan

Dipper723 wrote:

And Skylanders Trap Team sold best on the Wii (as far as physical sales anyways) so I think they'll make another one for the Wii, but I think this will be their last year.

Yep this. A lot of kids still play a ton on the Wii, and Just Dance Wii remains a really popular game for parties and families.

Even though the Wii U supports both of those too, it's not as strongly targeted at those audiences, so adoption has been slow.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

20wonders

sillygostly wrote:

The Penguins of Madagascar and Fifa 15 were recently released on Wii so it isn't entirely out of the question, but I think that enough time has now passed since the release of the Wii U that releasing a Wii version is no longer financially viable. Hardly any Wii games (apart from a few unsold shovelware titles and the Nintendo Selects range) are readily available nowadays, so I'd assume that most players would have moved to a new console by now.

So FIFA 15 gets a Wii version, BUT NOT THE WII U????!!!!!! What economic sense does that make?!

20wonders

CrazyOtto

17wonders wrote:

sillygostly wrote:

So FIFA 15 gets a Wii version, BUT NOT THE WII U????!!!!!! What economic sense does that make?!

That's EA for ya.

CrazyOtto

SuperWiiU

17wonders wrote:

sillygostly wrote:

Wii sold 80+ million, Wii U sold less than 10 million. Economically it's very sensible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii still get's a few of this years annual sports games too. But since the Wii U has or will be passing the 10 million mark maybe a few will finally get a Wii U version again too.

CrazyOtto

SuperWiiU wrote:

17wonders wrote:

sillygostly wrote:

Wii sold 80+ million, Wii U sold less than 10 million. Economically it's very sensible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii still get's a few of this years annual sports games too. But since the Wii U has or will be passing the 10 million mark maybe a few will finally get a Wii U version again too.

FIFA's actually the only sports game Wii gets anymore.

CrazyOtto

SuperWiiU

CrazyOtto wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

17wonders wrote:

sillygostly wrote:

FIFA's actually the only sports game Wii gets anymore.

I included Just Dance as a sports game.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

rockodoodle

Apparently Squash is coming out for the Wii.....

rockodoodle

rockodoodle

How many of those Wii's are still active- either physically or if they are, how many owners still actively buy games for it? Sadly, I wish that Madden would at least get a new roster for the 3ds version- heck, it has a user base of 50m, but I'll bet that will never happen.

SuperWiiU wrote:

17wonders wrote:

sillygostly wrote:

rockodoodle

SuperWiiU

rockodoodle wrote:

Apparently Squash is coming out for the Wii.....

And then you see their previous games scoring ones, two's or three's out of 10 and suddenly it's like it's not coming out at all.

Sisilly_G

17wonders wrote:

Fifa 15 on Wii is a much, much older version of Fifa (probably Fifa 08) with a roster update (or however long it has been since EA has been screwing over the last generation versions of Fifa), so it would have cost them almost nothing to make (and the music licensing fees would have been subsidised by the other versions of the game). The 3DS version is also in the same boat (I assume Fifa 15 is just Fifa 12 with a kit update as EA is no longer making any new games for Nintendo systems). Hell, Fifa 14 was even released on no fewer than FIVE Sony consoles including PSP (!), PS Vita, PS2 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), PS3 and PS4. Sheer madness. However, Fifa still has a significant fan base in some poorer countries where the average person cannot afford the newer consoles, so it doesn't seem completely crazy that EA would want to cater to those markets (since the games are just rehashes of past instalments).

Making a fresh Fifa game on Wii U would actually cost EA some money and require just a shred of effort, hence why they're not bothering with the platform. Fifa 13 on Wii U was just Fifa 12 with tacked-on GamePad features and a roster update, and guess what? It didn't sell, because we weren't willing to pay a premium for a lesser experience.

DarkEdi

Fifa 14 for PS2?? I thought the last was Fifa 12.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Sisilly_G

Nope. Fifa 13 and 14 were released on PS2 as well. I doubt that it would have been available in the U.S., but it definitely would have seen the light of day in Europe and markets where the general population could not afford the newer systems.

Mahe

From Nintendo's latest financial report: Wii games sold 7,33 million copies during the financial year (April 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016). That's quite a lot of Wii games when Wii has been getting so few releases lately (mostly Just Dance and a few others).

Mahe

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.